Montgomery County Texas rental assistance.

Individuals who are faced with a crisis may be able to get help from one of the Montgomery County churches or non-profit agencies below. Emergency rental assistance may be provided from time to time to qualified applicants. Any aid disbursed of course will depend on agency funding, and priority will be given to the people who are considered at highest risk, such as families with children and seniors. Resources are always very limited, and only a small number of people may actually receive help.

The primary objective is to provide cash grants and financial assistance to low income individuals and families to help them stabilize a housing situation that may threaten their well-being or health. Loss of housing, evictions and homelessness all fall into that category. In addition to offering money for expenses such as rent or security deposits, individuals can usually obtain advice and suggestions from social workers or volunteers. Some referrals may also be offered to resources such as section 8 housing vouchers or low income housing.

Emergency financial assistance in Montgomery County

These locations have crisis programs for qualified residents. This may include rent assistance and other housing needs. Or they may have information on local resources. A wide range of services and resources can be provided for basic needs.

  • Baytown Resource/Assistance Center - Call (281) 424-5752
  • Catholic Charities - Guadalupe Center - Phone (713) 227-9981
  • First Baptist Church Benevolent Program (713) 957-5863
  • Ft. Bend Social Services – Phone number (281) 342-7300
  • Interfaith of the Woodlands, also known as Woodlands Religious Community Inc.  (281) 367-1230. A number of social services are offered across the spectrum by this charity organization.




  • Matthew 25 at Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church (713) 747-7101
  • Montgomery County Emergency Assistance is based in Woodlands Texas. Call (936) 539-9211. Provides rent and mortgage assistance for low income citizens.
  • St. Vincent De Paul Society (most zip codes) – Telephone (713) 741-8234. Numerous social services are available for people facing poverty and the low income. One time rent or deposit help and other funds in a crisis can be paid out.
  • Wesley Community Center (City of Houston) (713) 223-8131
  • Woodlands Office – Location is 1600 Lake Front Circle, Suite 201, Woodlands, Texas 77380, dial (936)539-9211

Financial assistance for rent and/or mortgage payments

The centers below focus more on housing, rent, foreclosure, and eviction prevention programs and resources. They may also have details on both Texas and federal government low income housing options and section 8 vouchers.





  • Angleton Housing Authority, phone (979) 864-1710, offers Low Income Housing
  • Associated Catholic Charities – Galveston Dial (409) 762-2062 for help paying rent
  • Baytown Housing Authority – Administers section 8 housing vouchers. Phone number is (281) 427-6686
  • Gulf Coast Community Services. Call (713) 393-4700. This non-profit offers free foreclosure counseling, rent and mortgage assistance. In some cases, the funds are issued to clients as a no-interest loan.
  • La Marque Aid and Guidance, call (409) 938-7852 for additional information and hours.
  • Magnolia Office of 31355 Industrial Lane, Suite 500, Magnolia, TX 77355, phone (936)539-9211
  • Montgomery County Housing Authority can facilitate low income housing and also administer the Section 8 Housing Voucher Program. Dial (936) 539-4984
  • Pasadena Public Housing, phone number is (713) 475-5544
  • LegalLine. Call (713) 759-1133 for information on legal rights for evictions and housing issues. Or dial Lone Star Legal Aid at (713) 652-5911.
  • Creative Outreach Ministries Montgomery (phone (936)449-4357) may have rent, utilities, and other crisis programs.
  • New Caney Office, call (936)539-9211. Is based out of 21130 Highway 59 North, New Caney, Texas 77357




Rehousing and eviction prevention services are available from Continuum of Care affiliated agencies and other charities. Using everything from emergency grants for paying rental arrears or energy bills, to motel vouchers and counseling, resources are available. Clients can be single mothers, tenants living in poverty, and any resident that is behind on their rent. More on Montgomery County Texas eviction help.

Lone Star Legal Aid, Conroe and Montgomery County Office
The firm is at 412 West Lewis St
Conroe, Texas 77301
(713) 652-0077
Civil issues are handled, including housing. Clients can get free legal help in stopping evictions, sign up for landlord mediation, and find assistance in applying for government aid such as low income or public housing.

Conroe Emergency assistance can be reached at (936) 539-9211. For those that go through case management, the government agency may have loans and other funds for a partial back rent payment, help for energy bills or mortgage payments, and other support. Location is 1022 McCall Avenue, Conroe, TX 77301, call (936) 539-9239.

The Salvation Army provides everything from shelter and transitional housing to emergency funds for a security deposit or rent. The non-profit has assistance for veterans, single parents, the disabled, and others facing eviction. All rent and financial aid is limited. 304 Avenue E, Conroe, Texas 77301, (936) 760-2440



By Jon McNamara

“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy