latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Rent assistance Brockton and Plymouth County MA.

Find places that offer rental assistance to low-income families in Plymouth County. Charities, churches, and government programs provide grant money or other support, such as free housing vouchers, funds for a security deposit or lawyers to consult with tenants. Get help with paying rent near you in Plymouth County.

Emergency as well as longer term rental assistance is available from several organizations in Brockton and Plymouth County. A focus is on helping seniors, single moms or dads, veterans and the disabled stay in their home or apartments. The organizations that process applications, which are government operated as provided from non-profits, will issue funds for paying rent or moving costs to qualified low income families that are facing a crisis.

Even if money for rent is not available, an applicant may be given a referral to some other source of funding, such as HUD section 8 housing vouchers. Other resources for rent relief available in Plymouth County include placement into transitional housing and case management. Once a family has stabilized their situation, then assistance may be available in Brockton for a security deposit or first months rent expense. Much more information on programs are below, or look here for other programs such as homesharing for a free place to live.

Organization that help with rent in Brockton MA area and Plymouth County

Catholic Charitable South - Bureau of the Archdiocese of Brockton
Location is 169 Court Street, Brockton, MA 02302. Phone number is (508) 587-0815
Various services are run. This can include emergency financial help for rent, including for low-income parents and women facing abuse. The charities also operate shelters, offer free motel vouchers to the homeless, and referrals to low income apartment in Plymouth County.

South Shore Housing Development Corporation
Address: 169 Summer St, Kingston, MA 02364. Phone: (781) 422-4200.
Part of the statewide agency that offers support to tenants and homebuyers. The assistance will be referrals and advice on homeless prevention. This includes applications to government rental assistance programs. There is also legal support and housing programs for the elderly. More on housing and rent assistance from South Shore.




South Shore Community Action Council
Main location is 71 Obery St, Plymouth, MA 02360. Phone: (508) 747-7575
Eviction prevention, information on loans for housing or rent, homeless assistance, and anti-poverty programs are available in Plymouth County. The community action agency helps the poor and low-income find, and pay the rent, on affordable houses or apartments.

Halifax UCC Congregational
503 Plymouth St, Halifax, MA 02338. Phone: (781) 293-6393
The charity partners with the community action agency above.

Brockton Coalition-Homeless - Father Bills
The charity is at 54 N Main St, Brockton, MA 02301. Dial (508) 587-5441
They help the homeless and people facing evictions or utility disconnects. There is emergency funds to help with back rent or energy costs. Or get short term housing, applications to government or local charitable grants to help move or pay first months rent and other support.

Plymouth County location is at 45 Pearl Street, Brockton, MA 02301. For details, dial (508) 588-0447
Rental assistance is part of the organizations Emergency Services program. Get grant applications to RAFT, LIHEAP for renters, case management and other financial resources.

Wellspring Multi-Service Center
814 Nantasket Avenue, Hull, Massachusetts, 02045. Telephone - (781) 925-3211
Case management is for the low income and working poor. Emergency funds for rent and supportive housing is for the disabled, seniors, and people struggling to gain self-sufficiency.

South Coastal Counties Legal Aid has an address of 231 Main St #201, Brockton, MA 02301 as well as 22 Bedford St, Fall River, MA 02720. Lawyers can offer guidance to low income tenants with an eviction notice. They can also help with applications to rent programs, Section 8, address housing discrimination and more. Call (508) 586-2110.





Ascentria Care Alliance
130 Liberty Street Suite 7, Brockton, MA, 02301
Phone number for information is (508) 580-6716
Transitional housing is for women, single parents, and children. Additional resources range from placement into low income apartments to financial aid for rental costs or child care. Legal aid is also arrange for domestic violence victims.

Building A Better Brockton as well as the United Way of Plymouth County
934 W Chestnut St, Brockton, MA 02301. Call (508) 583-6306
Referrals are provided to struggling tenants or the homeless. Applications may be available to government resources such as Emergency Solution Grants (ESG) for rent or security deposits and more. Immediate rental assistance is combined with long term support.

Rental assistance Plymouth County MAPlymouth Area Coalition - Pilgrims Hope Family Shelter (Family)
149 Bishop's Highway, Kingston, MA, 02364. Telephone - (781) 582-2010
Shelter and transitional housing is offered for up to one year. Only helps low income families that are recovering from a disaster, such as fire. Vouchers may be given to a motel, placement into shelter, and more.

Family Justice Center - GLBTQ Domestic Violence Project
Phone - (617) 779-2134 or (508) 427-5732
Legal aid, court accompaniment, funds for security deposits on a safe home, and other aid is for women or children impacted by violence that live in the Brockton area.

The Salvation Army Plymouth County and Brockton Community Center
The location is 216 Centre St, Brockton, MA 02302. Phone: (508) 583-1896
A number of emergency assistance programs are offered, including limited funds to pay rent, utility bills, or other housing costs. There is also free or low-cost furniture for an apartment, senior subsidized housing, and adult rehabbed. Money for rental arrears is for tenants with no other options. Find other details on Salvation Army help in Plymouth County.

Brockton Housing Authority
45 Goddard Rd, Brockton, MA 02301. Call (508) 588-6880
Section 8 is a national rent subsidy program for the very low income. HID vouchers can be used to pay a portion of the rent on income based apartments.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site