latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Phoenix and Maricopa County rental assistance.

Get information on charity agencies, churches and government programs that can offer emergency rental assistance to Phoenix individuals and families. In addition to paying funds to prevent an eviction, several organizations also offer shelters for those who are homeless or security deposit assistance. There is also support from churches for people need temporary lodging while they try to get back on track with their rent payments.

Low income individuals can get rent assistance from Phoenix and Maricopa County Human Services Department Community Services Commission. Get information on available resources, and also receive help applying for grants and emergency financial aid. Families can get help with basic needs through financial assistance, referral, information, education and other government and social services. One of the greatest needs these days is for rent payment assistance to prevent eviction, and funds can support families facing an eviction. Dial 602-506-5911. There are multiple offices as well, including the following.

  • Adress is 234 S Central Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85003
  • A Human Service office is at 9555 W Van Buren St, Tolleson, AZ 85353
  • 5949 W Northern Ave, Glendale, AZ 85301
  • Location is 7700 E Roosevelt St, Scottsdale, AZ 85257
  • Mailing address is 1140 N Gilbert Rd # 109, Gilbert, Arizona 85234

The state of Arizona runs the Eviction Prevention and Emergency Homeless Housing (EPEH) Program, which also covers the city of Phoenix. Assistance offered by the program includes rental eviction prevention, money for security deposits, funds for first months or past due rent, and other housing aid. Dial Central Phoenix Family Services at 602-534-1250. Or more on Human Services assistance programs in Phoenix.

Phoenix Arizona Salvation Army offers housing and rent assistance. Some money can even pay energy bills. Strict income limits have been put into place, so only qualified individuals can get rental assistance. The non-profit also runs a shelter and transitional housing units. Dial 602-267-4122. There are multiple offices, including one at 2707 E Van Buren St, Phoenix, Arizona 85008.




Society of St. Vincent de Paul can help people of all backgrounds and religion. Various programs can help pay bills, provide free food, and of course emergency funds to pay rent and housing expenses. Loans may also be issued on occasion from the Maricopa County Saint Vincent churches. The Society can be reached at 602-266-HOPE (4673).

The working poor, unemployed, very low income, and people at the poverty level can contact Homeless Helpers Inc. They run housing for the lowest income. Numerous resources and services are offered for low income, including emergency rent help and counseling. 602-381-6363

Phoenix based Community Housing Partnership Phoenix (phone 602-253-6905) in another non-profit agency to call for financial assistance. This government affiliated agency also works with local developers in order to ensure there is adequate low income housing available for the homeless and low income. Address is 609 N 9th St, Phoenix, AZ 85006.

Family Services Center - There are a few locations in the Maricopa County, as noted below. The locations may have funds to address housing issues. Applicants may either receive direct financial aid for paying rent. Other programs may be for energy costs and security deposits. The addresses are:

John Long Center is at 3454 N 51st Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85031, or call (602) 262-6510). Another office, Sunnyslope, is located at 914 W Hatcher Rd, Phoenix, Arizona 85021, phone ((602) 495-5229). Or try the Travis center at 4732 S Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85040, phone number is ((602) 534-4732). Whether it is short term housing, grants that assist with back rent, legal aid, or something else, support is offered.





Your local community action agency is also a leading agency to call for emergency rental assistance. Some funds may also be offered for paying security deposits. Volunteers and social workers offer free case management services and advice for homeless individuals and families as well as the low income.

These non-profits rely on both private donations and government grants to stay in operation, so funding is limited and many applicants will not qualify for help. While there are several offices in the region, call the Tempe location at (480) 350-5880 or the Glendale Arizona center at (623) 930-2854. Or try AZCEND Community Action Program of Chandler region. (call (480) 963-1423). There is also Gila Bend Community Action Program also offers energy conservation (weatherization), shelters, information on section 8 rent subsidies or govenrment aid and more. Phone - (928) 683-6507

Vista del Camino Community Action Program is another option. They cover that part of the county from 7700 E Roosevelt St, Scottsdale, AZ 85257-4441. When facing an eviction, financial aid may be paid out for rent or utility bills (if that could cause homelessness). They also support Spanish speakers and immigrants with affordable housing referrals, information on rent or security deposit help and more. Dial (480) 312-2323

Phoenix Housing Department Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program runs this federal government HUD approved resource. This is for the very low income and the funds and grants will be used to pay a portion of a client’s monthly rent expense. Housing and rental help is also offered for seniors in Maricopa County from the related section 202 voucher program. Call (602) 534-1974 for details. The mailing address is 830 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, Arizona 85034.

Social Services Emergency Assistance has information and referrals to Phoenix non-profits. Qualified low income families, including seniors and those at risk, may also receive rent payment assistance, grants or shelter/transitional housing. Or get referrals to low income or public housing units. Phone - (602) 267-4127.

The Maricopa County Housing Authority also provides resources county wide, with services in Spanish as well. They run public housing as well as Family-Self-Sufficiency programs. The low income, seniors, immigrants, disabled and others may get priority. However there is almost always a waiting list for rent subsidized, affordable apartments. For more information, the address is 8910 N. 78th Avenue, Peoria, Arizona 85345. The intake number is 602-744-4500.

Phoenix area Coalition to End Homelessness is a partnership of charities, government agencies, and human service groups. They offer emergency solution grants to help pay for rent and other expenses. Depending on the need and qualifications, funds may also be issued for moving costs or motel vouchers are provided. In some cases a non-interest loan is Offered to the applicant, and that money they will need to repay it. Rehousing services, including placement into new low income apartments or funds for first months rent or a security deposit are offered too.





The coalition supports Maricopa County residents of all backgrounds. There is housing for single moms, veterans, and the disabled among others. While ESG funds for paying rental costs is limited, other referrals may be given. More on eviction help in Maricopa County and Phoenix.

Community Legal Services - Low to moderate income residents can get free legal representation and aid. Assistance is for eviction and homeless prevention as well as other consumer issues. Landlord / tenant mediation and other support is provided by attorneys from the pro-bono firm. Families in Phoenix have an office at 305 S 2nd Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85003, dial (602) 258-3434. Or the Mesa center has an address of 1220 S Alma School Rd, Mesa, AZ 85210, or call (480) 833-1442.

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site