Assistance programs Orangeburg County
Find financial help from churches, charities, the government, and non-profits. Whether it is emergency rent or utility bill assistance, free food from pantries, medical care, or even gasoline there are resources in Orangeburg County. Everyone from the low income to unemployed, seniors, and working poor may be ably to apply for cash aid or no interest loans for paying bills.
There are other social services in Orangeburg SC as well. They include free government grant money for fixing a home or job training needs. There is also debt relief, free lawyers for low-income families, and applications to government benefit programs.
Financial help for bills, basic needs and more in Orangeburg County
Housing and utility bill assistance is available. Each year federal government grant money is provided to Orangeburg County. The funds will be used to pay for emergency food, housing and shelter. The federal money is given to several different charities that are represented by the group, including the United Way, Catholic Charities and others. These various agencies and charities are responsible for distributing the funds to people in need, and they will provide free meals, lodging, along with money for assistance with paying utility bills and rent payments.
The funds are disbursed by various local non-profit organizations and charities. You can contact any of these agencies to apply or learn more. Find additional ways to get rent help.
- Cooperative Ministry of North address is 889 Russell St, Orangeburg, SC 29115. Call (803) 531-4913
- Several other local agencies focus on paying rent or housing costs. There may be financial help, for both married or single parents/adults, as well as legal aid, referrals, and more. Continue with rent help in Orangeburg.
Orangeburg Community Action Agency, Inc. runs the Community Service Block Grant, which provides a number of services. These include free clothing, food, and more. Examples include Head Start, senior companions and transportation for community groups and schools on 40-passenger bus.
- Financial assistance for paying bills can be offered from the federal government Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP, heating and cooling assistance and repair, fans). This will provide clients of the program with financial assistance and cash grants that will help them pay their utility and heating bills. Read more on cooling bill assistance in Orangeburg.
- The program will also help them maintain heating or repair heating devices during the winter, and assistance to maintain cooling and purchase fans during the summer. Eligible customers who apply and are accepted into the LIHEAP program may be eligible for Direct Assistance, and they may be able to receive one-time funds to help with energy costs and bills.
- Crisis grants from LIHEAP are offered by the Orangeburg Community Action as well to seniors, the disabled or low-income. They offer various forms of aid, including the Crisis Intervention Programs.
Also get help finding a job from Workforce Investment Act (WIA) job training. The main office can be contacted at (803) 536-1027, or stop by 1822 Joe S. Jeffords Hwy. Find additional assistance programs from OCAB Community Action Agency.
Churches in the Orangeburg County and Midlands region may be turned to in an emergency. While financial aid for paying utility bills or rent is rare, case managers may have referrals. Other support includes clothing, transitional housing, and even free dental care from Midlands Save a Smile. There are free food boxes, meals and clothes for the low-income as well. Some churches also operate low cost thrift stores. Read more churches in Midland.
The Orangeburg County Salvation Army is a non-profit agency that provides various forms of financial help or free items. There are vouchers for prescription expense assistance, a food pantry, and rent or utility bill assistance. People that need gas for a job interview may be given a free voucher, and there is also seasonal help including free school supplies and Christmas toys from Angel Tree.
- But the main focus of the Salvation Army is on ending poverty, and giving people the tools they need to help themselves. Whether it is a job, information on how to save money, and general counseling, services are provided. The site is at 813 Nottingham St, Orangeburg, South Carolina 29115, telephone (803) 534-6805, or learn more on the charitable Orangeburg County Salvation Army.
Get free groceries, clothes and meals from food banks and soup kitchens. Several churches and non-profits in Orangeburg County provide this service. They collect donations of goods (ranging from food to Christmas meals or work or school uniforms) and give them to struggling households. Many charities participate. Continue with free food and pantries in Orangeburg County.
The Middleton Street Samaritan House has a rent assistance program. It can provide both rental and even utility bill assistance for the newly homeless, people facing eviction or individuals who are at risk of homelessness. Also get a free motel voucher and other services. The address is 1580 State Rd S-38-211, Orangeburg, SC 29115. Phone: (803) 809-1090.
Orangeburg County DSS has applications to public assistance and benefit programs. The office is at 114 Howard Hill Dr, Orangeburg, SC 29115. Low-income families can apply for a SNAP EBT card or Medicaid. Or get elder care, free job training, or low-cost day care. There are other emergency government grants too, and call (803) 531-3101. There are also referrals to vehicle and transportation programs, including a free car for low-income households.
Trinity United Methodist Church has a food bank, clothing closet, and free items from 185 Boulevard St, Orangeburg, SC 29115. They help single mothers in Orangeburg SC, the poor and others. On occasion, one time financial assistance for bills, such as rent to delay an eviction or a light bill, is offered. Call (803) 534-7759
Orangeburg free medical clinic helps the uninsured, low-income and patients on Medicaid. There are eye exams, rides to the doctor, free dental from volunteer dentists and general health services at 141 Centre St, Orangeburg, SC 29115. Other free medical includes STD checks, medications, denture programs and more. Call (803) 534-7200, or learn where to get free dental in SC.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com