Rental assistance programs in New Mexico.
Low income tenants, immigrants, the elderly and seniors in New Mexico can get help with paying their rent. There are local, community resources as well as programs offered across the state. Families will get emergency rental assistance, free consultations from a lawyer to stop an eviction, and other housing resources. Locate rent payment programs in NM below.
Charities and government agencies cover each region. Select a community below for information on local rent assistance programs. Whether referrals, a loan or grant to help with back rent or storage costs (or another housing expense) some form of help will be provided.
Help with rent in NM from charities and government organizations
In addition to the local programs below, there are statewide financial assistance programs for tenants. Government grants as well as other housing or rent payment programs from charities help the poor, unemployed, low-income and others.
- Eviction prevention is another housing program that is offered by local using ESG - Emergency Solutions Grant Program or other funds. Using the federal government and the McKinney Homeless Assistance Act as a source of funding, there may be grants available for paying rental housing costs. Locate eviction help for families in NM.
- Section 8 rent subsidized housing in New Mexico is offered from various sources, including the Tenant Based Rental Assistance, HUD housing authorities and section 8. For those families that qualify, they can be placed into approved low income housing with some of their rent paid. Residents will need to pay a portion of their income towards their rent and energy bills. More on housing choice vouchers from section 8 New Mexico.
- Community Action programs are available across the state. The non-profits provide free government grant money, including for paying rent, storage costs, a deposit or for mobile home lots. A number of other housing assistance programs are available. Locate community action hardship grants in New Mexico.
- Church rental assistance programs will help immigrants (documented or not), women facing DV, the working poor and others in need. All funding is limited. The churches will help people of all religions and ethnicities with rent money. Get help with churches for back rent.
- Free lawyers for New Mexico tenants help with applications to rent assistance as well as provide free eviction defense services to tenants. The attorney help with government benefit programs for the disabled and poor. More on free lawyers in NM for the low income.
- RAP - Rental Assistance Program. As funding allows, and for those that qualify, it provides emergency rent assistance as well as rapid re-housing assistance. This may include participants working with case managers on locating a new, low income home or apartment to live in. There may also be grants to pay for first months rent or a security deposit on the new home. Any financial aid is for families or individuals who are currently homeless or facing eviction. Call (505) 724-4604 .
Local New Mexico rental assistance programs
Using funds from the federal government, the United Way, or donors, local non-profit coordinate emergency rental assistance for qualified families facing eviction. The cities and counties are listed below - select for information. Low-income families in a hardship, facing an eviction, can apply for short or long term rent hlp.
Santa Fe city and county
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com