latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bill Help

Free Healthcare

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

How to Save Money

Search the Website


New Mexico rental and housing assistance programs.

Using funds from the federal government, the New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority works with local agencies to coordinate emergency rental assistance for qualified families facing eviction. Those residents that are facing homeless can benefit from either the RAP, the Emergency Solutions Grant Program, or TBRA, all of which can address a number of housing needs.

One of the key services available is the RAP - Rental Assistance Program. As funding allows, and for those that qualify, it provides rapid re-housing assistance. This may include participants working with case managers on locating a new, low income home or apartment to live in. There may also be grants to pay for first months rent or a security deposit on the new home. Any financial aid is for families or individuals who are currently homeless. While more limited, the New Mexico Rental Assistance Program also provides support to families at risk of becoming homeless, whether from a foreclosure or eviction.

Another housing program that is offered by local agencies is the ESG - Emergency Solutions Grant Program. It is administered by the Mortgage Finance Authority. Using the federal government and the McKinney Homeless Assistance Act as a source of funding, there may be grants available for paying housing costs. Another key partner is the HOME Investment Partnership Program. ESG can help with rent payments, utility bills, application fees or for a security deposit.

Subsidized housing is offered in New Mexico from various sources, including the Tenant Based Rental Assistance, or TBRA. For those families that qualify, they can be placed into approved low income housing. Residents will need to pay a portion of their income towards their rent and energy bills, and the balance due can be covered by TBRA.

New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority is located at 344 4th St. SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102. However, for those residents who need help with paying their rent, want to apply for the Emergency Solutions Grant, or need other support, they should call an agency listed below. Funding is limited and a number of conditions have been put into place by each organization.

Bernalillo County is supported by Catholic Charities, (505) 270-9284




City of Albuquerque residents should dial the City of Albuquerque Housing Department at 505-764-3920 for TBRA applications.

Catron, Western Regional Housing Authority, dial (575) 388-1974. Information is available on a number of New Mexico resources for rent or other housing assistance.

Chaves and Cibola County - Call a local community action agency.

Colfax - The Life Link, which can be reached at (505) 438-0010, offers various housing solutions.

Curry and De Baca - Try your local community action agency for referrals.

Dona Ana County, Mesilla Valley Community of Hope, dial (575) 523-2219. Tenants can learn about financial aid as well as low income apartments that may be available.

Eddy County - Call a local charity, such as the Salvation Army for information.

Grant, Western Regional Housing Authority, dial (575) 388-1974

Guadalupe or Harding County - Call community action.

Hidalgo contact is Western Regional Housing Authority. Telephone (575) 546-6544





Lea or Lincoln - Call the Salvation Army

Los Alamos County - For rental or deposit assistance, dial The Life Link at (505) 438-0010

Or call the Santa Fe Civic Housing Authority, (505) 988-2859

Luna - Western Regional Housing Authority, (575) 546-6544

McKinley - Dial community action

Mora - Santa Fe Civic Housing Authority, (505) 988-2859

Otero as well as Quay County - Call Mortgage Finance Authority for referrals.

Rio Arriba - The Life Link can be reached at (505) 438-0010 or call the Civic Housing Authority of Santa Fe ((505) 988-2859).

Roosevelt County - Try Catholic Charities.

San Juan - San Juan County Partnership, (505) 325-4214

San Miguel County - The community action known as Life Link can be contacted at (505) 438-0010

Sandoval County - Catholic Charities, dial (505) 270-9284

Santa Fe County - Housing programs are run by Life Link. Telephone - (505) 438-0010. This non-profit covers multiple counties and can refer clients to funds for paying back rent to stop an eviction, counseling, as well as utility and rental deposits.

Sierra - Western Regional Housing Authority, (575) 388-1974

Socorro County - Housing Authority, dial (575) 388-1974

Taos - The Life Link, (505) 438-0010





Torrance low income families can dial their local Housing Authority at (575) 388-1974 for information on grants and rental aid.

Union - Call your non-profit community action.

Valencia County - Western Regional Housing Authority, telephone (575) 388-1974


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site