Free or low cost healthcare clinics in Mississippi
Healthcare clinics in Mississippi focus on providing free medical care to the low income, people facing a hardship, and those people with limited or no health insurance. Many programs are offered on a sliding fee scale, meaning people will pay for their medical or hospital bills only what they can afford to pay. Find where to get free or affordable medications, diabetes management, eye exams, cancer screenings and other healthcare near you in Mississippi. There is also a phone number for referrals to other help at the bottom of the page.
Patients of all income levels, races, religions, and of all backgrounds can get free or low cost health care from a free community clinic in Mississippi. No one is turned away. There are free as well as sliding fee clinics for women’s care as well. The centers do accept insurance (if the household has it) including Medicaid, Medicare, and CHIP for children. Case workers can often help households apply for benefits, whether it is cash aid (which can be used to pay medical bills) to food stamps.
But the community clinics, much of which are FQHC - Federally Qualified Health Centers work to help the poor, disabled, uninsured, and elderly in Mississippi. Some of the other services provided at the health care centers can include free prescription drugs, dental assistance, help for diabetics, emergency surgery and other specialist care. As many of the free clinics also work with hospitals to offer charity care.
North Mississippi Primary Health Care
Benton Medical Center is at 15921 Boundary Dr, Ashland MS 38603. Dial 662-224-8951.
A sliding fee community health center. Rates are based on income of the patient.
Bethel Free Health Clinic
Address is 1650 Carrol Dr, Biloxi MS 39531. Call 228-594-3640
A government funded medical provider. Whether it is free insulin or checkups, or information on Medicaid or cash aid, help is offered.
St. Vincent De Paul Community Pharmacy
Other basic medical care may be offered to from 715-B Division ST, Biloxi MS 39533. Phone - 228-374-9097
Free generic medications may be offered. SVDP also helps people, including those without health insurance, enroll into drug company patient assistance programs.
Northeast Mississippi Health Care - Byhalia Family Health Center
Address is 12 E Brunswick AVE, Byhalia MS 38611. Call 662-838-2163
Family Health Care Clinic
Bogue Chitto School-Based helps children on CHIP insurance, those with no health insurance, and sick kids. The location is 2605 Hwy 51 SE, Bogue Chitto MS 39629. Phone - 800-508-7481
Bolton-Edwards Elementary School-Based Clinic
9700 I-20 Frontage RD, Bolton Mississippi 39041. Call 601-362-5321
Good Samaritan Health Clinic
Main address is 520 College St, Columbus Mississippi 39703. Dial 662-244-0044
A leading charity with everything from financial help to information on affordable care act or private health insurance. The charity also offers substance abuse and mental health services, flu and pneumonia vaccines, prescriptions for medicine, Disease screening and control and more.
Leflore County Health Center
Free medical or basic dental is at 706 Hwy 82 W, Greenwood MS 38935. Dial 662-459-2183 for details.
Gulf Coast Community Ministries
The Free Clinic in Gulfport - 3914 15th ST, Gulfport Mississippi 39501. Intake number is 228-868-8202
Whether a box of free, or free medical from the clinic, there is preventive care, heart check ups, OB-GYN services, diabetes and blood pressure checks, as well as free physicals and annual check ups, among other care.
Fellowship Health Clinic
Main address - 1919 Edwards St, Hattiesburg Mississippi 39401. Call 601-255-5077
Outreach Health Services
Jasper Medical & Dental Clinic is based at 309 Pine Ave, Heidelberg MS 39439. For hours and details on care, dial 601-787-3464. Another location is at 130 N. High St., Shubuta, Mississippi 39360. Call 601-687-5859
Jackson Free Clinic
Location is 925 Martin Luther King Jr DR, Jackson Mississippi 39203. Call 601-355-5161
The non-profit, federally qualified center offers primary and preventative health care services for free or at affordable rates . Emergency care, preventative care, some basic dental and other medical services are offered to the poor, low income, and unemployed among others.
Open Arms Healthcare Center
Main address - 805 E River Pl, Jackson MS 39202. Call 601-500-7660
St. Andrews Mission Free Medical Clinic
Main address is 815 Pennsylvania Ave, McComb Mississippi 39648. Telephone - 601-250-6830
The Free Clinic Of Meridian
Address: 4707 Poplar Springs Dr, Meridian Mississippi 39305. Call 601-286-5551
Patients can get treatment of acute and chronic problems, mental health screenings and referrals to specialists. There is also a free prescription assistance program.
Wesley House Community Clinic
Main address - 1520 8th Ave, Meridian MS 39302. Telephone - 601-485-4736
Free health care is for the poor, migrant workers or immigrants, and others in need. Exams, cancer screening, heart care, vaccinations and many other free medical services are offered, even to the uninsured.
North Mississippi Primary Health Care
The Ripley Health Care Associates is at 749 S Line St, Ripley MS 38663. Telephone - 662-837-0000
East Central Mississippi Health Care
- The free, sliding fee Sebastopol Clinic address is 1488 Highway 487, Sebastopol MS 39359. For hours, call 601-625-7403
- Walnut Grove Medical Clinic is another option. Main address - 199 Rimmer St, Walnut Grove Mississippi 39189. Call 601-253-2733
Northeast Mississippi Health Care
Desoto Community Health Center - 7535 Airways Blvd, Southaven Mississippi 38671. Call 662-349-6220
The Antone Tannehill Good Samaritan Health Services Free Clinic
420 Magazine St, Tupelo Mississippi 38804. Call 662-844-3733
Free primary medical care is offered at the charity. There are also volunteer doctors, dentists, nurses and other professionals. Or get, work-related physical immunizations, well-child check ups, women care and examinations for low-income residents and the uninsured.
First Baptist Church Medical and Dental Mission
Address - 1607 Cherry St, Vicksburg MS 39180. Telephone: 601-636-2493
Delta Health Center
There are multiple locations of this free Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). They are a non-profit. No one is turned away. Get free medical or health care, including for women. There may be supplies like diabetes testing strips, physicals, immunizations. Behavioral Health, Mammograms and more. The main intake number is 662-741-8800.
- Searcy Medical Center is based at 548 Rosemary Rd, Cleveland Mississippi 38732. Call 662-843-7373
- A sliding fee clinic is also at Greenville South. The address is 2363 Highway 1 South, Greenville MS 38701. Telephone - 662-334-1253
- 110 W Washington ST, Moorhead MS 38761. Phone - 662-246-8028
- Another clinic is the Dr. H.J. Geiger Medical Center. Address is 702 Martin L. King RD, Mound Bayou Mississippi 38762. Dial 662-741-8800
- 702 Martin L King Rd., Mound Bayou, MS 38762. Phone - 662-741-2151
- Another free healthcenter is based at 110 W. Washington St., Moorhead, Mississippi 38761. Call 662-741-2151
- Home Health is offered too. This is generally for the elderly or disabled. It is based at 137 Fairland Pl., Clarksdale, MS 38614-4534. Call 662-843-0322
Dr. Arenia C. Mallory Community Health Center
There are multiple clinics and centers. They offer free or cheap or affordable quality care for uninsured and insured populations of low-income. There is also assistance for seniors on Medicare, the disabled, and people on Medicaid. Get care such as geriatric assessments, physical exams, psychosocial services, Physical Therapy,, free prescription drug vouchers and more. There is also Case management of specialty and inpatient services. The main intake number is (662) 834-1857
- 276 Nissan Pkwy, Canton MS 39046. For an appointment, dial 601-855-5275
- Address is 33795 Hwy 12 E, Durant MS 39063. Call 662-653-0505
- A free clinic is in Greenwood too, and the address is 201 E Washington St, Greenwood MS 38935. Call 601-453-4522
- Location is 9715 Hwy 12 W, Tchula MS 39169. Phone - 662-235-4731
- Women clinic is at 1421 E. Peace St., Canton, MS 39046-4938. Call 662-834-1857. OBGYN, breast cancer screenings and other care.
- 9715 Highway 12 W., Tchula, Mississippi 39169. Phone 662-834-1857
- 201A Magnolia St., Vaiden, MS 39176. Call 662-834-1857
East Central Mississippi Health Care
Address is 1490 MS-487, Sebastopol, MS 39359. Call 601-625-7140
Mantachie Rural Health Care, Inc
Address is 5681 MS-363, Mantachie, MS 38855. Call 662-282-4226
Amite County Medical Services.
Address is 102 W Freedom Dr, Liberty MS 39645. Call 601-657-8091
Get help from Walk-in Care, immunization clinics, free pregnancy testing, as well as Pharmaceutical services, as appropriate. Also a sliding fee discount scale for medical bills is in place too.
Mt. Pleasant Family Health Clinic
Location is 154 Mt Pleasant RD, Mount Pleasant MS 38649. For information, call 662-851-7939
Central Mississippi Health Services, Inc.
A sliding fee, charitable (government funded) clinic. Doctors, nurses and others give care. Find programs such as pregnancy screening, pediatric services, or Family Planning. Adults or students can get work and school physicals. There are also flu and pneumonia vaccines or immunizations. The uninsured can also look into prescriptions for medicine, laboratory and x-ray services, and referrals to local hospitals as well as specialty care practitioners. There are multiple locations, and dial 601-948-5572 for the main number.
- 1134 Winter St, Jackson MS 39204. Dial 601-948-5572
- 5429 Robinson Road Ext., Jackson, MS 39204-4138. Call 601-948-5574
- 500 W. County Line Rd., Jackson, MS 39174-9700. Phone 601-948-5574
Aaron E Henry Community Health Services Center,
The main address is 510 MS-322, Clarksdale, MS 38614 662-624-4292
Southeast Mississippi Rural Health Initiative Administrative Services
5488 US 49, Hattiesburg, MS 39401. Dial Phone: (601) 545-8700
G.A. Carmichael Family Health Center
1668 W Peace St, Canton, MS 39046. Phone - (601) 859-5213
Coastal Family Health Center
There are multiple locations in Mississippi. They are a federal government qualified health center. The uninsured, teenagers, disabled and poor are often patients. Get checkups, illness treatment, eyecare, Lab work and x-Rays, and more. There are mental health services, free healthcare for women and children as well as other support. Phone - 877-374-4991
- 147 Reynoir St. Ste 201, Biloxi, MS 39530-4109. Phone 228-374-2494
- Address is 282 Lameuse St., Biloxi, MS 39530-3108. Call 228-374-2494
- 1001 Division St., Biloxi, Mississippi, 39530-2932. Phone 228-374-2494
- Industrial Park Avenue A, Long Beach, MS 39560. Dial 228-374-2494
- 109 Hospital Dr., Bay Saint Louis, MS 39520-1604, Call - 228-374-2494
- A Satellite Clinic is at 23453 Central Dr., Saucier, MS 39574-7521. Phone 228-374-2494
- 10828 Highway 57, Van Cleave, MS 39565-8264. For information on free or affordable care, dial
- 4201 Post Office St., Moss Point, Mississippi 39563-2709. Phone 228-374-2494
- 15024 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Gulfport, MS 39501-8306. Main number is to call for health care services - 228-374-2494
Community Health Center Association of Mississippi (CHCAMS)
A network of free or affordable community clinics and medical providers. There is chronic disease management, patient education, low cost immunizations, flu shots, routine, or insulin. There are also help for people with breathing issues, including free CPAP machines. Or get annual, sports & employment physicals, and outreach or referrals services. Call (601) 981-1817.
- 208 N. 1st St., Booneville, MS 38829-2718. Dial 662-224-8951
- Benton Medical Center - North Benton County Health Care, Inc. is at 15921 Boundary Dr., Ashland, Mississippi 38603-7740. Phone number - 662-224-8951 x230
- 71 Mitchell Ave., Walnut, MS 38683. Call 662-224-8951 x230
- Highway 15 S., Ripley, Mississippi 38663. For hours or appointments, call 662-224-8951 x230
- 3414B Shiloh Ridge Rd., Corinth, MS 38834-8600. Call 662-224-8951 x230
Family Heath Care Clinic of MS
There are many of these Federal Government Qualified Centers in the state. Families living in or near poverty, the uninsured and others can get free care. Many services are offered. Examples include diabetes and blood pressure checks, annual check ups, OBGYN, pregnancy testing, eye tests, and cancer screenings. Also get X-Rays, referrals to surgery centers, as well as specialty and inpatient services. They do help with applying for Medicaid or Obamcare/ACA plans too.
- 1203 Mission Park Dr., Vicksburg, MS 39180-3747. Call 601-364-5142
- 910 2nd St., Prentiss, MS 39474. Call 601-825-7280 x224
- 1551 W. Government St., Brandon, MS 39042-2408. Dial for health care - 601-825-7280 x224
- 226 Highway 18 E., Raleigh, MS 39153. Phone 601-825-7280 x224
- Jefferson St., Newhebron, MS 39140. Call 601-825-7280 x224
- 401 Main St. N., Mendenhall, MS 39114-3303. Call 601-825-7280 x224
- 430 Highway 84 W., Monticello, MS 39654. Phone 601-825-7280 x224
- 4635 Highway 80 E., Pearl, MS 39208-4226, main number is 601-825-7280 x224
- 100 N. Brooks St., Pelahatchie, MS 39145-3092. Call 601-825-7280 x224
- 631 Lakeland East Dr. Bldg. D, Flowood, MS 39232-8815. For an appointment, dial 601-825-7280 x224
Hattiesburg Family Health Center
66 Old Airport Rd., Hattiesburg, MS 39401-8382. Phone - 601-544-7500
Federal government qualified help center. There is charity care for the poor and low income. There is screenings for sexually transmitted diseases and HIV, diabetes and blood pressure checks, and (if needed) referrals to specialty care practitioners.
Jackson Hinds Comprehensive Health Center
There are multiple locations of the sliding fee clinic. Some free care, including for women’s health is given. Examples of assistance and care offered includes primary care, well and sick child services, Dermatology, Family Medicine, Cancer testing and screening and more. Call 601-362-5321.
- 866 Medical Plz, Jackson, MS 39204-4948. Call 601-364-5142
- The eye care clinic is at 3502 W. Northside Dr., Jackson, MS 39213-4454. Phone 601-364-5142. There may be free vision tests for kids or adults. Or free contact lenses or prescription glasses.
- Dental care may be at 3502 W. Northside Dr., Jackson, MS 39213-4454. Phone 601-364-5142
- Womens Clinic at Jackson Hinds Compreh
- ensive Health Center, 3502 W. Northside Dr., Jackson, MS 39213-4454. Call 601-362-5321
- 500 W. County Line Rd., Tougaloo, MS 39174-9700. Call 601-364-5142
- 6608 Highway 27, Utica, MS 39175-9226. For appointments, call 601-364-5142
- 3312 Oak St., Vicksburg, MS 39180-5042. Main number is 601-364-5142
Family Health Center, Inc.
117 S. 11th Ave.
Laurel, MS 39440-4312
There may be surgery, treatment for asthma, diabetes education, Walk-in Care, pediatric and more. The low income and underserved can often get free care.
- The Pediatrics center is at 103 S. 12th Ave., Laurel, MS 39440-4322. Dial Dial - 601-425-3033
- Family Health Center, Inc. has another office at 411 Willis St., Taylorsville, MS 39168-4550. Call the Phone number - 601-425-3033
Women's Health Center
62 Old Airport Rd.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39401-8382
JASPER MEDICAL CLINIC
309 Pine St.
Heidelberg, MS 39439
HOULKA MEDICAL CLINIC
106 Walker St.
Houlka, MS 38850-9453
WINSTON FAMILY MEDICAL CENTER
110 Beal Ave.
Louisville, MS 39339-9204
LUMBERTON FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
598 W. 11th Ave.
Lumberton, MS 39455-2350
ADAMS COUNTY FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
145 Homochitto St.
Natchez, MS 39120-3906
NEW AUGUSTA FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
404 Main St.
New Augusta, MS 39462
Dial - 601-964-8391
PHILADELPHIA HEALTH CENTER
10330 Road 375
Philadelphia, MS 39350-3249
Picayune Family Health Center
1911 Read Rd.
Picayune, MS 39466-2730
CLAIBORNE COUNTY FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
2045 Highway 61 N.
Port Gibson, MS 39150-4262
SANDERSVILLE HEALTH CENTER
203 Broad St.
SCOOBA FAMILY MEDICAL CENTER
1016 Kemper St.
Scooba, MS 39358
SEMINARY FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
100 Highway 535
Seminary, MS 39479
SHUQUALAK/NOXUBEE HEALTH CENTER
201 Mulberry St.
Shuqualak, MS 39361
ACCESS FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
Get Internal Medicine, pediatric and geriatric care, wellness coaching, dental screens, immunizations, as well as access to health specialists or social services.
- 499 Gloster Creek Vlg, Tupelo, Mississippi 38801-4600, dial 662-651-4686
- 63420 Highway 25 N., Smithville, MS 38870-9700. Phone 662-651-4686
- A dental assistance programs is offered too. There may be cleanings, checkups, fluoride, Xrays and more. It is at 60024 Olive St., Smithville, MS 38870-9719. Call 662-651-4686
STATE LINE CLINIC
52 Kennedy St.
State Line, MS 39362-519
G.A. CARMICHAEL FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
1547 Jerry Clower Blvd.
Yazoo City, Mississippi 39194-2718
- Another site is 110 N. Jerry Clower Blvd., Yazoo City, Mississippi 39194-8669. Phone number - 601-859-5213
Additional Mississippi free community clinics
To find other medical assistance programs, free or low cost health care and community clinics near you or other resources in Mississippi dial (601) 981-1817. The low income, uninsured, and adults/children can get assistance. Whether basic health care, or free emergency resources, help is offered.