Madison County Indiana assistance programs.
The United Way as well as groups such as the the federal government’s Federal Emergency Management Administration provide grants to local charities and non-profit agencies in Madison County as noted below. The organizations that are receiving the government funds need to be expanding existing programs that currently provide emergency funds for rent help, shelter, food, or energy bill assistance to persons in need.
Organizations that provide aid
Some of the charities and non-profit agencies that people can turn to for help include:
- Emergency Rent and Shelter Assistance Program, Food Pantry - Salvation Army (765) 644-2538. They can also provide funds for prescription medications and other emergencies that people may be facing, such as rent and energy bills.
- Friends Feeding Families Food Pantry - First Friends Church. Phone (765) 643-2724
- Housing Assistance from Emergency Shelter for Women and Children, -Alternatives Inc. ((765) 552-1038).
- Food Aid from Food Pantry Services- Operation Love Anderson IN (765) 644-2121
- Shelter Meals - Christian Center.
- Nutrition Assistance Program - Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana.
- Emergency Shelter for Homeless Veterans - Stepping Stones ((765) 648-1101). They can also refer people to other military assistance and veteran programs, such as assistance programs that pay rent and mortgages.
- Food Pantry - Park Place Church of God (phone (765) 642-0216)
Find a job and get help with energy bills
The local community action agency, JobSource, which is located at 222 East 10th Street in Anderson, Indiana (765) 642-4981 partners with the WorkOne Anderson office. Together these organizations operate the Indiana Workforce Investment Act which provides career counseling, tuition assistance, and access to scholarship grants. JobSource is the Madison Community Action Agency, and it serves residents who live in Madison County.
In addition to helping people find a job and providing career counseling, they also offer energy bill assistance and weatherization programs. They are also an IMPACT provider through the Division of Family and Children.
Non-financial assistance programs in Madison County Indiana
Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana, which is located in Muncie, offers programs including the following. Facilitates Food Stamp outreach and they work with local food banks and distribution centers. Call (765) 287-8698.
Alexandria Community Center offers a Baby Food Pantry, Free Computer Classes, a Community assistance program, Information on medical care, and other assistance. Phone (765) 724-7728.
Central Indiana Community Action was the former Jobsource location that is referenced above. This location works with the national organization that is committed to helping people that are faced with poverty. The non-profit is a great place for information and referrals to financial assistance programs such as LIHEAP for paying heating bills or government benefits such as SNAP. Or learn about local loan programs for emergency expenses.
They also have self-sufficiency type services in Madison County. The community action organization will try to coordinate job placement, GED services, and similar resources for the unemployed or career changers. Continue Central Indiana Community Action Program.
Madison County Community Health Centers, Inc. - Offers Madison County patients dental care, pediatric services, Prescriptions and prescription assistance, Medical care in a family practice setting, and other medical and health care. Phone (765) 641-7499.