latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Assistance in Logan, Perry, Polk, Scott, Yell Counties Arkansas.

Find information and details on programs that serve the Arkansas River Valley area. Get help with rent, utilities, free food, and other financial assistance. A listing of non-profits and charities are below. The agencies offer emergency loans for paying bills or rent, government grants, information on free dental or medical care in counties in Logan and Yell as well as much more support.

Community Outreach Services - A number of social services are offered from this non-profit. It offers assistance, including shelter to individuals who are homeless as well as rent and housing assistance. The center also provides financial help, including energy and utility bill payment assistance for qualifying families and individuals in the community. The agency also offers medical bill payment assistance and prescriptions for qualifying low income individuals and families. In addition, get food, as it provides groceries, baby formula, free hot lunches, pantry items, and other forms of aid for individuals and families who are in need of help. Paris Arkansas. (479) 963-3300.

Partners for Progress, which is located in Perryville Arkansas ((501) 889-2422) is an agency that provides grants and financial assistance with paying for rent and utility bill payments in emergency situations when funds are available for the low income. It also offers emergency free food.

The Salvation Army Polk County, operates a food pantry. In addition it also offers financial assistance for many expenses, including help with propane, utility bill payments (up to $50.00 in cash), and rent and housing payments. 479-437-3110

First Baptist Church of Paris Arkansas (dial (479) 963-3260) runs the Angel Food Ministry program. People of all income levels can receive food at up to 50% off

Care and Share of Dardandelle Arkansas ((479) 229-1220) may be able to provide assistance with paying for energy bills and utilities. The non-profit will also pay up to $50.00 twice a year per person for bills. In addition to food, the agency also offers a thrift shop that offers second hand clothing, furniture and other items at a lower retail price. Provides free clothing for families in need too.





The community action agency of the area is the Arkansas River Valley Area Council, Inc. (ARVAC). While they offer a number of resources, including emergency food and shelter, probably the main program they run is the federal government funded Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) which is available to help the working poor, unemployed, and low-income households with paying for home energy costs and bills. The community action agency can also administer the Crisis Intervention Program as well as the Regular Assistance utility program.

While funding is limited and income conditions are in place, the program provides financial assistance and cash grants for low to moderate income eligible households with a one-time per year payment that is made directly to the household's energy supplier. The Crisis Intervention Program is also used to help pay for deposits as well as utility hookups and shutoff notices or when a propane tank is below 10% capacity, so it helps people who run out of fuel.

In addition, ARVAC also runs the Emergency Food and Shelter Program. This utility bill and rent assistance program is used to help families and individuals who are threatened to be foreclosed upon or evicted or past due utility bills. Last, but not least, they can refer individuals to mortgage and Arkansas HUD counseling agencies.

The number of emergency services from the agency is extensive. While the council will try their best to offer funds for expenses such as rent or security deposits, in some cases a loan may be issued. Other benefits include food stamps and weatherization. Most clients will also be able to participate in other services in the counties such as Perry or Polk, and that may include money management or credit counseling.

Call Arkansas River Valley Area Council, Inc. (ARVAC) at (479) 963-6325. Other aid is available from the non-profit as well. More information on resources from the non-profit Arkansas River Valley Area Council programs.




Crawford-Sebastian Community Development Council, or C-SCDC, can provide both short and long term assistance. There are programs for the unemployed, seniors, and other low income families in the region. Some examples of what may be offered include the following.

  • Housing programs - A federal government HUD program known as ESG can provide tenants with grants to pay the security deposit on a new apartment or back rent.
  • Free food - The agency has information on pantries and soup kitchens in counties such as Perry and Polk. Some locations serve Christmas meals too.
  • Low income energy bill assistance, including weatherization is an option. This focuses on the elderly, disabled, or homes with young children.
  • Other services include credit repair, budgeting, foreclosure counseling, loans for emergency bills, and more. Find details on assistance from Crawford-Sebastian Community Development Council.

There are regional holiday assistance programs. Most are in the Logan County area, but some are wide ranging. Find where to get free Thanksgiving or Christmas meals; toys for kids; games; boos; and other presents for a family. Continue with Logan County holiday help.

Logan County Department of Health (Paris) is equivalent to a community clinic that provides public health services and government medical care, including disease prevention and surveillance. Call (479) 963-6126.

Polk County Free Store has a clothing outlet as well as food pantry on site. Find other food banks in Arkansas too. Call (870) 389-6463

Scott County also runs a community clinic similar to above. Call (479) 637-2165.

Free Clinic, Ninth Street Ministry, is another health care center that provides general medical and health care for those low income patients that do not have access to private or government health insurance, medicaid or medicare from the federal government. (479) 394-2541 Mena Arkansas.

Mansfield First Baptist Church - The location provides assistance to families of limited income in the community, primarily in the form of free food. However other household products may be offered too. (479) 928-0101





Ola United Methodist Church - The location provides a free food pantry for families and individuals with limited incomes, and also help may be offered for those who need some assistance with food. Call (479) 489-3386.

Cornerstone Church of Booneville can give food assistance and holiday meals for families of limited income in the community. (479) 675-0725

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site