Jefferson County Arkansas assistance programs.
If you need help in Pine Bluff or Jefferson County Arkansas, contact the agencies listed below. Those in need can get rent and utility bill help, medications, and referrals to various programs.
Pine Bluff Jefferson County EOC, Inc. is the local community action agency that can provide various forms of assistance, including financial and programs to help people become self-sufficient over the long term. Details and further information on the services offered include those listed below.
- Medical bill assistance and prescription medications - Get access to financial assistance and funds from this program. The money provided are comprised of donations from local businesses as well as the United Way of Southeast Arkansas. These funds will assist low to moderate income families and individuals with the purchase of medications for life-threatening illness and sicknesses.
- Emergency financial assistance and services - The community action agency offers services which are provided to individuals in need. The options offered include utility bill assistance, free food, gently used and discounted clothing, travel assistance and home visits.
- Home energy bill assistance program - The service offered is known as HEAP. And depending upon availability of funds for this particular utility program, payments will be made to those in need on a one-time only basis. The funds will be used to assist low to moderate income households in paying their energy and utility bills.
- Programs to find jobs - This particular job assistance program will provide Employment counseling, employer contacts and referrals, job referrals, resume review, and follow-up activities will be provided to those seeking employment or an increase in their income.
- Weatherization program - This is funded by the state of Arkansas and the federal government. The program offers energy saving measures such as glazing, caulking and insulation. these resources are provided to households with family members who meet the income eligibility guidelines with the emphasis on handicapped as well as eligible elderly individuals.
Contact the Pine Bluff Jefferson County EOC, Inc. at (870) 536-0046. Other emergency assistance and services are offered by PBJCEOC as well. Read more Pine Bluff community action programs.
Jefferson County and Pine Bluff Salvation Army provides numerous assistance programs to the working poor, unemployed, and low income. Among services offered include clothing, food, shelter and utility bill assistance. These services are offered to qualifying needy families and individuals across the area. In addition to these financial assistance programs, the Salvation Army also provides weekly character building, housing and foreclosure counseling, goal setting and personal encouragement. Salvation Army services are provided free of charge to those in need of help. Dial 870-534-0504.
The local Neighbor-to-Neighbor program provides community information, provides information on local charities and non-profits, and it also acts as a referral service/agency for those in need of help. In addition, the center also operates a food pantry for the low income elderly and those in need of emergency food and groceries. The pantry also provides a free hot meal at noon Monday through Friday.
Some of the other resources offered by the Neighbor to Neighbor program include gently used clothing, emergency funds for medicines, rent help, eyeglasses and check ups, utilities and cooling bill help, and transportation. The program also conducts special holiday programs supplying food and gifts around Christmas and Thanksgiving. The center also provides school supplies for children and teens. Dial 870-534-2883.
The Arkansas Foodbank Network is an option to get free food from if you need help. They serve as a nonprofit charity organization whose primary mission is to eliminate hunger throughout Jefferson County and the state of Arkansas. The food bank serves as a collection and distribution center for quality donated food and grocery products from local businesses and individuals. The food is distributed to more than 450 nonprofit agencies, charities, and church food pantries that serve the hungry in Pine Bluff and counties throughout the area. Call the food bank at 501-565-8151.
There are other food programs and pantries in Jefferson County. Churches, charities, and non-profits run the centers and help in some or all of the following ways.
Families can be given a free box of groceries or a holiday meal. There is support for children too, such as snacks when they are out of school or even clothing. Referrals are also offered, and locate food pantries in Jefferson County.