Assistance programs in Jefferson County and Pine Bluff Arkansas.
Find where and how to get financial help in Pine Bluff or Jefferson County Arkansas. There is grant money to help pay utility bills or housing costs (such as rent, deposits, mortgages or water bills). Or get free groceries or hygiene supplies from churches or charities such as the Food Bank Network or local pantries. A number of social services are offered, including free medical care.
To get assistance contact the agencies listed below, ranging from Pine Bluff Jefferson County Office-Economic Opportunity to non-profits that are part of the Neighbor to Neighbor program. Those in need can get rental and utility bill help, medications of free dental care, and referrals to various programs.
Get financial assistance for bills or basic needs in Pine Bluff AR and the county
Pine Bluff Jefferson County EOC, Inc. is the local community action agency that can provide various forms of assistance, including financial and programs to help people become self-sufficient over the long term. Details and further information on the services offered include those listed below. There are free clothes for work or gasoline vouchers for travel in Jefferson County AR and so much more.
- Medical bill assistance and prescription medications - Get access to financial assistance and funds from this program. The money provided are comprised of donations from local businesses as well as the United Way of Southeast Arkansas. These funds will assist low to moderate income families and individuals with the purchase of medications for life-threatening illness and sicknesses.
- Emergency financial assistance and services - The community action agency offers services which are provided to individuals in need. The options offered include utility bill assistance, free food, gently used and discounted clothing, travel assistance and home visits.
- Home energy bill assistance program - The service offered is known as HEAP. And depending upon availability of funds for this particular utility program, payments will be made to those in need on a one-time only basis. The funds will be used to assist low to moderate income households in paying their energy and utility bills.
- Assistance with government benefits - The EOC helps low-income clients sign up for/apply to programs such as SNAP food stamps, Medicaid or affordable medical care or dental. There are many options out there, including from dentists. More on low-income dental clinics near you.
- Programs to find jobs - This particular job assistance program will provide Employment counseling, employer contacts and referrals, job referrals, resume review, and follow-up activities will be provided to those seeking employment or an increase in their income.
- Weatherization program - This is funded by the state of Arkansas and the federal government. The program offers energy saving measures such as glazing, caulking and insulation. these resources are provided to households with family members who meet the income eligibility guidelines with the emphasis on handicapped as well as eligible elderly individuals.
Contact the Pine Bluff Jefferson County EOC, Inc. at (870) 536-0046. Other emergency assistance and services are offered by PBJCEOC as well. Read more on Pine Bluff community action programs.
Jefferson County and Pine Bluff Salvation Army provides numerous assistance programs to the working poor, unemployed, and low income. Among social services offered include free clothing, food, a homeless shelter and utility bill assistance. These services are offered to qualifying needy families and individuals across the area.
In addition to these financial assistance programs, the Salvation Army also provides weekly character building workshops. There is also free housing and foreclosure counseling, goal setting and personal encouragement. Salvation Army services are provided free of charge to those in need of help. Or families with kids can be provided free school backpacks full of supplies or Christmas toys from Adopt a Family. Dial 870-534-0504. Or find details and the center at 501 E 12th Ave, Pine Bluff, AR 71601.
The local Neighbor-to-Neighbor program provides community information, provides information on local charities and non-profits. the non-profit and it also acts as a referral service/agency for those in need of help. In addition, the center also operates a food pantry for the low income elderly and those in need of emergency food and groceries. The pantry also provides a free hot meal at noon Monday through Friday.
Some of the other resources offered by the Neighbor to Neighbor program include gently used clothing, emergency funds for medicines, rent help, free eyeglasses and eye exam check ups. Or get grant money for utilities and cooling bill help, and transportation. The program also conducts special holiday programs supplying food and gifts around Christmas and Thanksgiving. The center also provides school supplies for children and teens. Dial 870-534-2883.
The Arkansas Foodbank Network is an option to get free food, groceries and even hygiene supplies from if you need help. They serve as a nonprofit charity organization whose primary mission is to eliminate hunger throughout Jefferson County and the state of Arkansas.
The food bank serves as a collection and distribution center for quality donated food, household stuff and grocery products from local businesses and individuals. The food is distributed to more than 450 nonprofit agencies, charities, and church food pantries that serve the hungry in Pine Bluff and counties throughout the area. Call the food bank at 501.565.8121.
There are other food programs and pantries in Jefferson County. Churches, charities, and non-profits run the centers and help in some or all of the following ways. There are free soup kitchens for hot meals, pantries open daily, and other resources.
Families can be given a free box of groceries or a holiday meal. There is support for children too, such as snacks when they are out of school or even clothing. Referrals are also offered, and locate food pantries in Jefferson County.