latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Rental assistance in Jackson and Josephine County Oregon.

Find rent assistance programs in Jackson County as well as nearby Josephine County. Charities, churches and government organizations will help people facing homelessness. Learn how to get emergency rental assistance, money to pay a security deposit, no-wait list housing or locate a free tenant lawyer for low-income families. Get help with rent near you in Jackson or Josephine County.

Any financial aid is combined with supportive services, such as budgeting, case management, and programs for long-term housing stability. Assistance for paying back rent and rehousing is focused on families with a source of income. There are also resources in Jackson County Oregon for veterans, single mothers as well as youth. In all cases, funding is limited and an application process is in place.

Find many of the charities and churches to contact for rental assistance below. There are also section 8 housing programs and free motel vouchers for homeless people. If approved, everything from a cash grant is provided or referrals to loans, shelter, and even free legal aid or referrals to other agencies, such as renters assistance from Catholic Charities.

Places to get rent payment help in Josephine and Jackson County OR

Address is 3630 Aviation Way, Medford, Oregon 97504. Telephone - (541) 779-6691
The non-profit offers an emergency homeless prevention program. As part of this there may be funds for back rent, utility bills or a mortgage. Tenants with an eviction notice will get emergency help. They also run the Support Services for Veterans and VA Families (SSVF) in Jackson County. Depending on government grants allocated, they may be help with security deposits, job search costs, legal issues, or rent, with SSVF focused on veterans.

Salvation Army (Medford Corps) - Family Services
922 N Central Avenue, Medford, OR 97501. Call (541) 772-8149 or (541) 773-6965
Programs include money for energy bills, rent, household goods such as furniture, and emergency shelter.




St Vincent De Paul Society affiliated churches
There are a few locations of SVDP in the Jackson County area as well as nearby Josephine County. Financial help, free furniture, budgeting and counseling programs are offered. Any hardship funds for rent or bills is for short term use only.

  • St Vincent De Paul in Medford is an option. Location is 2424 N Pacific Highway, Medford, OR 97501. Call (541) 772-3828. Rent help or loans from the church are for tenants that are struggling to pay existing housing expenses.

CNPLS - Center For Non-Profit Legal Services
Location - 225 W Main St, Medford, OR 97501. For details, dial (541) 779-7292
The non-profit provides free legal aid for low income residents facing an eviction or that need help in accessing benefits such as section 8.

Saint Vincent de Paul Josephine County
132 SE H St. Grants Pass, OR 97526. They have limited resources and rely on volunteers, so money is also limited. Dial 541-479-0926
They have limited resources and staffing. SVDP can help with everything from rent to gasoline, short term housing, and more. A focus in on helping with housing or rental costs to stop an eviction, and there is also assistance for mobile home tenants and people that rent a lot. Emergency rent assistance is for Josephine County.

United Community Action Network
201 NE 8th Street, Grants Pass, Oregon 97526. Call (541) 956-4050 or (541) 956-4073
Assistance is for the homeless or those at risk. Government grants are focused on rental and security deposit costs of veterans. There is also funds for utilities, job placement, and information on low income apartments.

Community Works
Location is 900 E Main St, Medford, OR 97504. Phone: (541) 779-2393 ext. 213
The youth in Jackson County can use the transitional housing program. There is only help for people 21 years of age and younger.





Section 8 housing
There are two different agencies, based on county. Income based, low cost housing, apartments and homes are available for rent. Some have no wait list. The organizations accept applications for HUD section 8 housing choice vouchers, home buying services and more. Locate section 8 rentals in Oregon.

  • Josephine Housing and Community Development Council. Address: 1205 NE 7th St, Grants Pass, OR 97526. Phone: (541) 479-5529
  • Jackson County Housing location is 2251 Table Rock Rd, Medford, OR 97501. Phone: (541) 779-5785

Hearts With A Mission Youth Shelter is also focused on teenagers and children. Shelter, Housing Search Assistance, counseling, referrals to rental assistance, and more is provided. The Medford agency is at (541) 646-7385. The location is 521 Edwards St, Medford, OR 97501.

ColumbiaCare Services
They also operate the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF). The address is 3587 Heathrow Way, Medford, OR 97504. Call (541) 779-8654 or (541) 858-8170.
Veterans who are homeless, or close to it, or facing PTSD or trauma, will get housing assistance. Free government grant money for rent or security deposits, rehousing, storage cost help and more is available in Jackson County OR.

Rogue Retreat
711 E Main St #25, Medford, OR 97504. Call (541) 499-0880
Rent subsidies, based on income, are for the chronically homeless, seniors, and working poor tenants. The Housing Retreat program is also available.

Hope House
Transitional housing is at 1065 Crews Rd, Medford, OR 97501. Phone: (541) 773-7005
Single adults, homeless families and others can use the transitional housing program. The goal is stability, then other Salvation Army assistance programs may be used such as for partial first and last months rent.




Rogue Valley Veterans And Community Outreach
Address is 601 N Grape Street, Medford, Oregon 97501. Phone (541) 779-8564
Housing, supportive services, and rental help may be offered by the VA Grant and Per Diem Program for veterans and their spouses.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site