Free community health care centers Illinois.
Get information on free or low cost Illinois health care community clinics. Most of the centers near you will serve anyone, regardless of their ability to pay for their medical care or hospital bills. Women, kids, seniors and others can get help. There is free medical care for the low-income, behavioral health or therapy, as well as people with no health insurance or money. Find a free health care center near you in IL.
The free or income based clinics offer physicals, tele-health, eye exams, OB/GYNs, disabtes management and more. The federal government qualified medical centers and rural clinics in IL help the uninsured as well as patients on Medicaid or Medicare. Oftentimes a patient may be billed based upon their income, so they will only need to pay what they can afford to.
The free or cheap community clinics in Illinois, as well as volunteer doctors as well as free Psychologists, target their services at the low-income. A number of different types of medical care is offered. A free health center may also offer immunizations, cancer screenings, free insulin, or women’s care. There are also free walk-in / urgent care clinics in IL as well as non-profits that help rural workers.
Hundreds of clinics are located in towns and cities across Illinois. Below is a listing of dozens of the centers. If your area is not listed, or if you need additional financial assistance, find other medical support in your county by calling a center near you or find a free referral number at the bottom of this page.
In addition to those statewide resources, residents can apply for a discount card for their prescription medications. This is available across the state, and is offered regardless of your income or health insurance status. The card is distributed for free and can be used at hundreds of pharmacies in Illinois. Typical savings range from 20 to 50%. Read more about eh Illinois Rx Card.
Local free IL medical clinics
Find free medical centers, non-profit health clinics and other places for care near you, by county and city below. Also scroll down the page to find more locations. In addition, if you need access to affordable dental care and clinics, a variety of centers and non-profits specialize in that area. Read more on those free Illinois dental care programs.
Rockford Rescue Mission
715 W. State St., Rockford, Illinois 61102-2203. Dial 815-490-1600
The homeless in Illinois can not only get food and shelter, but doctors, nurses, and dentists will also volunteer from time to time. There are also free mental health/counseling referrals as well as medications if needed.
Southern Illinois Health Center
The non-profit clinic will coordinate primary and preventive health care services such as treatment for medical problems. Nurses as well as doctors from the Illinois region also volunteer to provide free prenatal care, lab work cancer screening, wellness checks and immunizations. Doctors can visit kids from working poor/uninsured families in their homes. The main appointment number is 618-332-0694.
- Central Alton clinic is at 2615 Edwards Street Suite 171 Alton, IL 62002
- 1710 State Route 133 Arthur, IL 61911, Phone - 217.543.2446
- Belleville Children's - 2810 Frank Scott Parkway West Suite 828 Belleville, IL 62223
- Belleville Family - 180 South Third Street Suite 104 Belleville, IL 62220
- Belleville Family Medicine - 2900 Frank Scott Parkway West Suite 980 Belleville, IL 62223
- Pediatrics Center - 2900 Frank Scott Parkway West Suite 950 Belleville, IL 62223
- Central Belleville - 180 South Third Street Suite 103 Belleville, IL 62220
- West Belleville - 7210 West Main Belleville, IL 62223
- 2 Terminal Drive, Bethalto, IL 62024 Phone 618.259.0365
- 144 North Washington Street Bunker Hill, IL 62014. Phone 618.585.6290
- 800 Range Lane Cahokia, IL 62206. Phone - 618.337.3117
- 6000 Bond Avenue Centreville, IL 62207. Phone - Main: 618.332.2740
- 626 West Lincoln Avenue Charleston, IL 61920. Phone 217.345.7702
- 1215 Vandalia Street Collinsville, IL 62234
- 202 East Fairchild Street Danville, IL 61832. Phone: 217.920.0168
- 100 North 8th Street Suite 232 East St. Louis, IL 62201
- East St. Louis - 100 North 8th Street East St. Louis, IL 62201
- 2001 State Street East St. Louis, IL 62205
- 900 West Temple Avenue Building ,8 Effingham, IL 62401. Main: 217.342.0211
- 2568 North 41st Street Fairmont City, IL 62201. Main: 618.482.4015
- 2166 Madison Avenue Granite City, IL 62040. Phone 618.452.3301
- 302 North Mill Street Greenup, IL 62428. Main: 217.923.3311
- 911 Remington Road Suite B Mattoon, IL 61938. Main: 217.234.3091
- 60 Regency Place Millstadt, IL 62260. Phone - 618.476.3373
- 3 St. Elizabeth's Boulevard Suite 4000 OFallon, IL 62269. Dial 618.233.5480
- 1200 North East Street Olney, IL 62450. Main: 618.395.5222
- 824 Locust Street Red Bud, IL 62278. Phone - 618.282.6656
- 401 Chaffer Avenue Roxana, IL 62084. Phone - 618.578.5703
- 1275 Hawthorn Road Salem, IL 62881. Phone - Main: 618.548.4545
- 4969 Benchmark Centre Drive Suite 100 Swansea, IL 62226. Call 618.235.2311
- 1510 Sunset Drive Vandalia, IL 62471. Main: 618.283.3144
- 4 Memorial Drive Building B, Suite 210 Alton, IL 62002
The poor and homeless can get free Health Care Services. There is Internal Medicine, Neurology, Allergy/Immunology, and more. They also help low-income families in Medicaid. Other free health care includes Emergency medical services, colon/Rectal cancer screening program, a pharmacy and more. Dial 618-985-8221
- 400 S. Lewis Lane, Carbondale, Illinois 62901
- 101 S. Wall St., Carbondale, Illinois 62901
- 404 S. Lewis Lane, Carbondale, Illinois 62901
- 1006 S. Division St., Carterville, Illinois 62918
- 6355 Brandhorst Drive, Carterville, Illinois 62918
- 3111 Williamson County Parkway, Marion, Illinois 62959
- 7 S. Hospital Dr., Murphysboro, Illinois 62966
Many seniors, especially those on a fixed income, can get discounted medical care or free general medical care. A faith based community clinic. Immigrants, single moms, and the indigent can get medical care needs met. A faith based community clinic is offered in partnership as well. They adheres to religious and Christian principals. Staff combine financial aid with referrals too.
- Cedar Court Clinic, 1340 Cedar CT, Carbondale IL 62901. Call 618-457-7821
- 13245 Kessler RD, Cairo IL 62914. Call 618-734-4400
- IL Route 146 Building 2, Elizabethtown IL 62931. Call 618-285-6191
- 217 S Adams, Golconda IL 62938. Telephone - 618-683-3781
- 100 Market ST, Pulaski IL 62976. Call ,618-342-6767
- 290 Railroad ST, Tamms IL 62988. Phone - 618-747-2391
ACCESS Northwest Family Health Center
Patients can get access to a sliding fee scale of medical care. Staff offer free physical exams, treatment of common illness, vision care, immunizations, health specialists, flue shots, STD exams and referrals to social services and community resources. Not only may free eye exams be given, but clients can learn about Lions Club vouchers for buying glasses or contact lenses. Free or low cost testing, prescription drug vouchers, referrals, and other care can be arranged.
- 1120 N Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004. Call (847) 342-1554
- 1111 Lake Street Addison, IL 60101. Dial 630.628.1811
- 5159 S. Ashland Ave. Chicago, IL 60609. Phone - 773.434.9216
- 8234 S. Ashland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60620. Call 773.874.1400
- 4909 W. Division St., Suite 508 Chicago, Illinois 60651. Call 773.364.4600
- 13000 Maple Avenue, Blue Island, IL 60406. Call 708.385.6100
- 2822 East 83rd Street Chicago, IL 60617. Phone - 773.721.7600
- Brickyard Family Health Center - 6020 W. Diversey Ave. Chicago, IL 60639. Phone - 773.237.5544
- ACCESS Cabrini Family Health Center - 3450 S. Archer Ave. Chicago, IL 60608. Call 773.523.1000
- ACCESS Centro Médico - 3700 W. 26th St. Chicago, IL 60623. Phone: 773.542.5203
- 7450 W. 63rd Street, Summit, IL 60501. Dial 708.458.0757
- Family Health Center - 1723 Howard St. Evanston, IL 60202. Telephone - 224.307.8550
- 152 W. Lincoln Highway, Chicago Heights, IL 60411. Dial 708.754.9687
- Grand Boulevard Health and Specialty Center - 5401 S. Wentworth, Chicago, IL 60609. Phone - 773.288.6900
- Hawthorne Family Health Center - 3040 S. Cicero Ave. Cicero, IL 60804. Dial 708.780.9777
- Kedzie Family Health Center - 3229-43 W. 47th Pl. Chicago, IL 60632. Call 773.254.6044
- ACCESS Located at Holy Cross - 2701 W. 68th Street, 3 South Chicago, IL 60629. Phone: 773.434.4040
- 245 South Gary Avenue, Lower Level Bloomingdale, IL 60108. Phone - 630.893.5230
- 8321 W. North Avenue Melrose Park, IL 60160. Phone - 708-681-2298
- Pilsen Family Health Center - 1817 S. Loomis Street Chicago, IL 60608. Call 312.666.6511
- 2533 W. Cermak Road Chicago, IL 60608. Telephone: 773.523.0900
- ACCESS Rogers Park Family Health Center - 1555 West Howard Street Chicago, IL 60626. Phone: 773.764.7146
- ACCESS Servicios Médicos La Villita - 3303 W. 26th Street Chicago, IL 60623. Telephone -773.277.6589
- ACCESS at Sinai - 2653 W. Ogden Ave., 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60608. Call 773.522.6100
- Warren Family Health Center - 2409 W. Warren Boulevard Chicago, IL 60612. Phone: 312.733.4475
- 3752 W. 16th Street Chicago, IL 60623 - Call 773.762.2435
Alivio Medical Center
A federally funded clinic. There is x-ray, vision, obstetrics, medications, health education, specialty referral and other free medical services. Call 773.254.1400.
- 6447 W. Cermak Rd., Berwyn IL 60402
- Morgan Street center - 966 W. 21st St., Chicago IL 60608
- 2355 S. Western Ave., Chicago IL 60608
Community Health Partnership
205 W Randolph St #1340, Chicago, IL 60606. Call 312-795-0000
A sliding fee clinic in Illinois. Physicals, flue shots for kids, referrals to Medicaid application sites, and other care is coordinated.
Center on Halsted
3656 N. Halsted St., Chicago, IL 60613-4316. Call 773-472-6643
Staff give treatment of common ailments for low income people.
Roseland Christian Ministries
10858 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60628-3512. Call 773-264-5665
Health screenings for the poor. They can get help for their medical needs, and it can amount to lower bills. Free telehealth is arranged by doctors as well as behavioral health care. Or get care such as Ear-Nose-and-Throat, Adolescent health, Flu Shot Clinics and more. Call Call 312-682-6110
- 4802 South Ashland Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60609.
- 6250 South Cottage Grove, Chicago, Illinois 60637.
- 5635 South Pulaski, Chicago, Illinois 60629.
- 5843 South Western, Chicago, Illinois 60636.
- 25 West 47th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60609.
Various free or low-cost, affordable care is arranged. There are Pediatrics, women’s medical care, Weight Management and more. Substance abusers can get free basic medical or dental care. Cleanings, root canals, physicals, and other assistance may be coordinated.
1029 E. 130th Street Chicago, IL 60628. Call (773) 995-6300
Near North Heath
Free medical and dental is offered in Illinois. This even includes dental cleaning, root canals, and fluoride is provided. There is also other medical care for the poor, such as health check ups. Referrals to other providers of health and social services, such as substance abuse and mental health services. Find how to apply for Medicaid. They also refer seniors, the disabled, and poor to local sliding fee clinics.
- Cottage View Health Center - 4829 S. Cottage Grove Ave., Chicago, IL 60615. Phone: 773-548-1170
- H. Sunnyside Health Center - 4140 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60613. Call 773-878-8098
- K. Winfield Moody Health Center is at 1276 N. Clybourn Ave., Chicago, IL 60610. Phone: 312-337-1073
- Razem Health Center is at 2844 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL 60618. Call 773-661-3349
- B. Denny Community Health Center - 150 E. Huron St., Chicago, IL 60611. Telephone - 312-741-8554
- D. Komed Holman Health Center - 4259 S. Berkeley Ave., Chicago, IL 60653. Dial 773-268-7600
- E. Louise Landau Health Center - 800 N. Kedzie Ave., Chicago, IL 60651. Main Phone: 773-826-3450
- F. North Kostner Health Center - 1520 N. Kostner Ave., Chicago, IL 60651. Dial 312-216-8020
Lawndale Christian Health Center
Pregnant mothers as well as new kids can get the treatment they need. Both private insurance is accepted from patients as well as Medicaid or Obamacare. The free health center also takes government health plans such as Medicare.
- 3860 W. Ogden Avenue, icago, IL 60623, Call 588-3000
- 5122 S. Archer Avenue, icago, IL 60632. Phone - (872) 588-3560
- Belle Whaley, 3812 W. Ogden Avenue, icago, IL 60623. Call (872) 588-3300
- Breakthrough Clinic - 3219 W Carroll Avenue, icago, IL 60624. Phone: (872) 588-3580
- Eye Clinic is at 3851 W. Ogden Avenue, Chicago, IL 60623. Call (872) 588-3240
- Health & Fitness Center - 3750 W. Ogden Avenue, Chicago, IL 60623. Phone - (872) 588-3000
- Immediate Care Clinic & Pharmacy - 3910 W. Ogden Avenue, Chicago, IL 60623. Call (872) 588-3250
Chicago Family Health Center- South Chicago
9119 S. Exchange Ave., Chicago, IL 60617-4225. Dial 773-768-5000
Many forms of assistance are offered.
Asian Human Services Family Health Center, Inc.
2416 W Peterson Ave, Chicago, IL 60659. Call 773-761-0300
New moms can get well-child check-ups. There are also free physicals for work or school and other services from the Illinois clinic.
Crusader Community Health - Federally Qualified Health Center.
A sliding fee, primary medical care center. A menu of assistance for the low to moderate income and seniors include obstetrics, pediatric and geriatric care, lab work, diabetes vouchers, and chronic disease management. Refugees, immigrants, and others with no dental or medical insurance tend to be clients.
- 1215 North Alpine Road, Rockford, IL 61107. Phone: 815-490-1600
- 1050 Logan Avenue, Belvidere, IL 61008. Call 815-490-1600
- 1100 Broadway, Rockford, IL 61104. Phone - 815-490-1600
- 6115 North 2nd Street, Loves Park, IL 61111. Call 815-490-1600
- 1200 West State Street, Rockford, IL 61102. Phone: 815-490-1600
Aunt Martha's Community Health Center
A number of free medical care care programs are offered by the non-profit. They include Hepatitis C Testing, Routine Primary Care, Diagnosis and Treatment of Illness; School, Sport, and Work Physicals and more. Medicaid and Medicare is accepted as payment as well. Call (877) 692-8686
- 2124 Ogden Ave Unit 201, Aurora, IL 60504. Dial (877) 692-8686
- Aunt Martha's Chicago Heights Women's Health Center - 233 W Joe Orr Rd, Chicago Heights, IL 60411
- Aunt Martha's Vermilion Area Community Health Center - 614 N Gilbert St, Danville, IL 61832
- Great River Community Health Center is at 120 W Court St, Toulon, IL 61483. Call (309) 286-7240
Health and Wellness Clinic of Fulton County
175 S Main St, Canton IL 61520. Call 309-649-0048
Washington Park Children's Free Health Clinic
5350 S Prairie Ave, Chicago IL 60615. Call 773-924-0220
1100 E Adams St, Springfield IL 62703. Call 217-753-3939
County Public Health
Each county has their own public health department. STD exams, pregnancy testing, flue shots or free vaccines and more is offered.
- Stephenson County Health Department is at 10 W Linden St, Freeport IL 61032. Call 815-235-8271
- Jackson County residents are at 415 Health Dept Rd, Murphysboro IL 62966. Main phone: 618-684-3143
- Peoria City/County Health Dept - 2116 N Sheridan RD, Peoria IL 61604. Call 309-679-6000
New Life Volunteering Society Free Health Clinic
2645 W Peterson Ave, Chicago IL 60659. Call 773-275-86302
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District
201 W Kenyon Rd, Champaign IL 61820. Dial 217-352-7961
Test Positive Aware Network
5537 N Broadway St, Chicago IL 60640. Call 773-989-9400
Avicenna Community Health Center
819 Bloomington Rd, Champaign IL 61820. Dial 309-306-1358
Presence - Physicians Immediate Care
Mental health care is provided using government grants from the federal government qualified health care center. Farmworkers and migrants often receive care. Most lack insurance or Medicaid. There may be free flu and pneumonia vaccines, referrals, and prescriptions for medicine.
- 2853 Kirk Rd, Aurora IL 60502. Call 630-423-3030
- 350 N Kinzie Ave, Bradley IL 60915. Dial 815-348-9320
- 1702 N. Milwaukee Ave Bucktown-Wickerpark, Chicago IL 60647. Call 773-770-4056
- 2490 Bushwood Dr, Elgin IL 60124. Call 224-293-5200
- 800 Larkin Ave, Joliet IL 60435. Call 815-741-4300
- 4900 N Cumberland Ave, Norridge IL 60706. Phone - 708-456-1600
- 123 S Northwest Hwy, Park Ridge IL 60068. Phone - 224-585-7000
- 6050 Caton Farm Rd, Plainfield IL 60586. Call 815-609-5501
Chicago Recovery Alliance
3110 W Taylor St, Chicago IL 60612. Call 312-953-3797
CARE & CARE Medical Center
The non-profit are Federally Qualified Health Center. This means they are income based, sliding fee clinics. No one is turned away. The homeless, uninsured, indigent and others in Cook County can get help.
- 6346 N Talman Ave #102, Chicago IL 60659. Call 773-465-2273
- 20 N Wacker Dr, Chicago IL 60606. Call 312-372-4731
Knox Community Health Center
1361 W Freemont ST, Galesburg IL 61401. Dial 309-344-2225
2hristian Community Health Center
364 Torrence Ave, Calumet City, IL 60409. Call (708) 868-9457
Chinese Community Health Center
250 W 22nd Place, Chicago IL 60616. Call 312-225-61982
The ARK - Main
Not only for medical needs, but also free food ,shelter, housing, and much more.
- 6450 N California Ave, Chicago IL 60645. Call 773-973-1000
- The ARK - Northwest, 3100 Dundee RD, Northbrook IL 60062. Phone: 773-973-1000
IMAN Free Health Clinic-Inner City Muslim Action Network
2744 W 63rd ST, Chicago IL 60629. Call 773-434-4626
The Bridge Clinic
318 N Church St 4th Floor, Rockford IL 61101. Call 815-494-1594
New Life Volunteering Society Free Health Clinic
2645 W Peterson Ave, Chicago IL 60659. Call 773-275-8630
FHN Community Healthcare Center
Children who are in Head Start can get a physical and very basic medical care. Clients can learn about immunizations as well. The uninsured and people with excessive medical bills and that are seeking free care can get help.
- 10 W Linden St, Freeport IL 61032. Call 815-599-8414
- Location is 421 W Exchange St, Freeport IL 61032. Phone: 815-599-7300
- 1010 W Fairway Dr, Freeport IL 61032. Dial 815-599-6000
- 3001 Highland View Dr, Freeport IL 61032. Call 815-235-3165
Freeport VA Clinic
750 Kiwanis Dr, Freeport IL 61032. Dial 815-235-4881
Greater Family Health
Call 844-599-3700. The free IL community health center serves all races, ages, and walks of life. The low-income, Medicaid patients, seniors and others can get free or low cost care, including from virtual doctor on demand. The staff and providers are often bilingual and residents of the community.
- 300 McHenry Rd, Wheeling IL 60090.
- 2550 N Annie Glidden RD, Dekalb IL 60115.
- Greater Rural Health Planning Corporation - 103 Commerce St, Carmi IL 62821. Dial 618-384-5686
- 1435 N Randall RD, Elgin IL 60123.
- 373 Summit ST, Elgin IL 60120.
- 1515 E Lake St Ste 202, Hanover Park IL 60133.
- 3901 Mercy DR, McHenry IL 60050.
- 135 E Irving Park Rd, Streamwood IL 60107.
- 165 E Plank RD, Sycamore IL 60178.
Will-Grundy Medical Clinic
213 E Cass St, Joliet IL 60432. Telephone: 815-726-3377
CarePoint Adult, Child and Family Services
113 Custer AVE, Evanston IL 60202. Dial 847-970-1010
Community Health Care Clinic
- 900 N Franklin Ave, Normal IL 61761. Main phone: 309-888-5531
- 2611 W Chicago Ave, Chicago IL 60622. Phone: 773-395-9900
The Phoenix Center
109 E Lawrence AVE, Springfield IL 62704. Phone: 217-528-5253
Family Health Partnership Clinic
401 E Congress PKWY, Crystal Lake IL 60014. Call 779-220-9300
SSM Health Monroe Clinic Medical Group
Assistance programs from the clinic include referrals to other hospitals, providers of health and social services, such as substance abuse and mental health services. Or get free pediatrics and dental care, treatment for minor illnesses, women’s health services including pregnancy screening, Internal Medicine and more.
- 1301 S Kiwanis Dr, Freeport IL 61032. Call 815-235-1406
- 1301 Kiwanis Dr, Freeport IL 61032. Phone: 815-233-7185
Azzarelli Outreach Clinic - IAFCC
341 N Saint Joseph AVE, Kankakee IL 60901. Call 815-928-6093
Champaign County Christian Health Center - Presence Community Resource Center
507 S 2nd St, Champaign IL 61820. Call 217-402-5683
The Port Free Clinic at Pio House
5013 S Hermitage Ave, Chicago IL 60609. Phone: 773-778-5955
The Night Ministry
1735 N Ashland Ave, Chicago IL 60622. Phone: 773-784-9000
Tri City Health Partnership - Free Medical and Dental Clinic
318 Walnut St, St. Charles IL 60174. Main phone: 630-377-9277
Old Irving Park Community Clinic
5425 W Addison ST, Chicago IL 60641. Main phone - 773-427-0298
Pilsen Homeless Health Services
1515 W Monroe St, Chicago IL 60607. Call 312-942-0492
The homeless can get free check ups. Free doctors, pro-bono medical professionals and others provide free physicals, exams, and general check up. They also give medications, help with substance abuse needs, mental health counseling and more.
Find other community clinics in Illinois
In addition to the health care centers located above, other free or low cost options and clinics exist for the low income and underinsured patients who live in Illinois. People with no insurance or on Medicaid, or who need free medical care, can get help from a clinic near them. If you need more information or help, call (217) 541-7300 to reach the state of Illinois medical association for additional community clinics.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com