latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Huntingdon County Pennsylvania assistance programs.

There are a number of financial assistance programs that can help low income families, the disabled, and elderly (among others) in Huntingdon County. Everything from free grants to help pay rent or utility bills to food from a pantry, health care, employment resources and more is offered. Find the charities, churches, and government agencies to apply at below for financial help, free school supplies, clothes, or housing, if you need help paying rent.

Eye Care Agency of Huntingdon County - Assist low to moderate income people in Huntingdon County with eye examinations. There may also be referrals, or vouchers, to use for the purchase of eyeglasses and/or contact lenses. (814)643-0281.

Center for Community Action is the non-profit agency that offers the greatest number of assistance programs as well as counseling and advice. A sampling of their services are listed below, but do not hesitate to call for more information.

  • Rental Assistance - This is provided as a payment for monthly rent, utilities, or security deposits. The funds are provided on behalf of families and individuals to prevent and/or end homelessness and evictions by maintaining individuals in their own homes, apartments or residences. Rental Assistance may include financial assistance and cash grants to prevent homelessness or near homelessness by intervening where an eviction is imminent.
  • Utility payments - Funds may be made on behalf of individuals not eligible for payment from the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare's Low Income Home  Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). The community action agency is also a source for more information on utility and heating bill programs. Most companies and the government offer them. Find financial assistance for Pennsylvania utility bills.
  • Home Repair Program - This is a program that will assist families and individuals with providing for home repair services. Home Repair services are resources that are being made available to qualified individuals with consideration given to the low income, elderly, single parent households, and the handicapped.




  • Emergency Food and Shelter - The federal government funded EFSP program provides limited emergency rental assistance for individuals, families or households whose rent payment is in arrears. Families or individuals must be a resident of the apartment or home, and the applicant needs to be responsible for the rent on the home or apartment where the rental assistance is to be paid. Payment is limited to one month's monthly cost for each individual or household.

Call the Center for Community Action at (814) 623-1444.

Huntingdon County Assistance Office provides information on government benefits, public aid, and state resources. Everything from cash aid from TANF to SNAP food stamps, Medicaid and homeless prevention and rapid rehousing is available. Any financial help is short term, temporary, and combined with employment and ongoing financial counseling. The government office is at 7591 Lake Raystown Shopping Center, Huntingdon, PA 16652. For details, dial (814) 643-1170.

Huntingdon County Child and Adult Development Corp. - This government facility offers quality services to individuals, children and families throughout the county of Huntingdon. Health care services and programming such as: Head Start, CCIS, Family Express, REACH, etc. are offered to local individuals. Call (814) 643-5199

Society of Saint Vincent dePaul - People of all religions and faith may be able to get help from this non-profit organization. The agency, working with local churches, provides help with basic expenses and bills. Get access to free food, rent payment assistance, funds for heat bills and electricity, heating oil, and more.

The church also offers loans, for either fixing a car or purchasing a new one. All of the Saint Vincent programs are of course limited due mostly to funding. Note that financial aid is provided without regard to race or religion etc. Call (814) 643-0160, or learn more on the Huntingdon St. Vincent de Paul assistance programs.





Huntingdon Salvation Army - The Christian, faith based charity type organization provides financial assistance to those individuals and families who are facing a temporary crisis or unexpected emergency. there is assistance regardless of the religion, ethnicity, age, or background of the applicant. The help is offered for people that are overlooked by society.

Get help with bills, housing costs, and access a free food pantry and clothing/furniture distribution center. The Salvation Army in Huntingdon County also organizes a tutoring program for community children. There are also free back to school supplies for students from all grades as well as winter coats and even Christmas gifts and meals (from Angel Tree and Adopt a Family). Call (814) 643-1430, or read more onSalvation Army Huntingdon County.

By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site