Assistance programs Humboldt County.
Get information on programs that provide housing and rent help, funds for energy bills, and other aid from non-profits and charities in Eureka and Humboldt County California.
Financial assistance and referrals
The leading agency in the area is the Redwood Community Action Agency, and the phone number is (707) 445-0881. The details and information on the services and resources they offer low to moderate income clients are below. This is just a sample of the programs.
- Family Services - This is a resource that offers a variety of diverse and comprehensive services to homeless, disabled, elderly as well as the low- to moderate-income clients and residents on Eureka and the county. The program and options are wide ranging.
- Case Management - Work one on one with a counselor to learn about, and apply for such assistance as money and grants for paying rent, utility and energy bills, and the federal government funded weatherization assistance programs.
The Eureka Salvation Army can help low income and other struggling families and individuals. The center can help them obtain food, gently used or new clothing, provides limited financial help paying with overdue PG&E bills, possible rent help and counseling. There are also free holiday/Christmas programs and seasonal support in Humboldt County. This is an all encompassing social services agency. Phone (707)839-2956. Read more
St. Vincent de Paul is. another charity organization that provides low income and others with access to Social Services, Counseling, information on both California and federal government programs. The charity may also have information Housing aid for low income persons and those with special needs. Resources include everything from loans to referrals to financial aid for rent, utilities, deposits, and more. (707)443-8676
The Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services is also another option and government agency to contact. Among other programs, they administer Calworks, Food Stamps, provide General Assistance, and also run the County Medical Assistance program. (707) 445-6145
Emergency food pantries and government benefits help tackle poverty and keep families fed. There are many non-profits in the county that offer help. One of the main programs is known as Food for The Peop,lle, and this offers meals, groceries, and more in Humboldt County.
- Lion's Club Pantry combines food and social services. Call (707) 677-3944.
- Trinity Baptist Church offers holiday meals, personal hygiene items, and emergency boxes of food.
- There are several other agencies too. Find Humboldt County food banks.
Free credit counseling
Consumer Credit Counseling Service ((707) 822-8356) offers people struggling with their bills and debts free counseling. Meet with a counselor and learn about their services and your options. For example, explore and get information on debt settlement programs and debt management plans. Learn the pros and cons, and who should sign up for these services.
Free mortgage and foreclosure assistance
In addition to the debt and credit services mentioned above, Consumer Credit Counseling Service can also help people deal with a delinquent mortgage payment, or provide free foreclosure prevention counseling. Work with a HUD approved counselor to learn about your options, such as the federal governments unemployed mortgage program as well as how to get help from banks and lenders such as Bank of America mortgage assistance programs. Dial (707) 822-8356.