latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Humboldt County food banks and pantries.

Agencies in Humboldt County try to prevent hunger. The food pantries are widely disbursed in the county as well as the city of Eureka. Not only may free groceries be available or hot meals served by soup kitchens on site, but many pantries also provide other items such as clothing, hygiene items, and similar supplies.

One of the leading non-profits that has multiple locations is Food for People. This organization has partners that are open limited hours and days of the week. Residents should call for availability. They try not to try any low income family away from the groceries they need. Staff at the centers can also help families apply for CalFresh or locate another food bank in their immediate region. Or they can refer people to holiday meal sites or thrift stores for toys, school supplies, and more.

Food for People, Inc.- This is the charity with multiple sites in Humboldt C and County. Donations allow it to feed the working poor. Access meats, cereal, rice, baby formula, and many other items, based on donations.

  • Bridgeville (Community Center) is located at 38717 Kneeland Rd, Bridgeville CA, 95526
  • Center at Willow Creek is at 38883 Hwy 299, Willow Creek CA, 95573. Call (530) 629-3141
  • Loleta (Community Church), 228 Church Street, Loleta California, 95551, phone (707) 733-5239
  • 111 Greenwood Ave, CA 95525. Appointments are needed. Call (707) 668-4281
  • Campbell Creek Connexion, 76 13th Street, Arcata CA, 95521, phone (707) 826-1000
  • Orick Elementary School is at 120918 Hwy 101, Orick California, 95555. Phone - (707) 488-2803

Bread for Life
Address is 143 Main Street
Scotia CA, 95565
(707) 764-5239
A soup kitchen is open Thursday and Friday. The homeless and very low income can get help. There are also Thanksgiving and Christmas meals served.

St. Joseph's Pantry Shelf
Location 2292 Newberg Rd
Fortuna California,  95540
Phone - (707) 725-1148
The food bank is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.





Community Church
712 Main Street
Ferndale CA, 95536
Call (707) 786-4475 for information.
The church may have food, clothing for the very low income, and household supplies from a thrift store.

Eureka - Humboldt County Senior Resource Center
1910 California St
Eureka California, 95501
Phone – 707-443-9747
Programs administered include Meals on Wheels, recreational activities, and health care seminars. They help low income senior citizens and the disabled. Free Christmas meals and gifts along with information on financial aid programs may also be provided from the agency to those that need food.

Grace Good Shepherd Church
1450 HIller Road
McKinleyville CA, 95519
Phone: 707-839-3726
They only support families (including children) in McKinleyville. There is also a bag lunch program from the food pantry.

McKinleyville - Family Resource Center
1450 Hiller Rd
McKinleyville CA 95519
For information, dial (707) 840-0905





Trinity Baptist Church
2450 Alliance Rd
Arcata California, 95521
(707) 822-7668
Resources include a clothing closets, free food bank, USDA commodities, and more.

Salvation Army food pantry and thrift store
2123 Tydd St
Eureka, California 95501
Phone number is (707) 442-6475
There are many social services available in Humboldt County. They include a pantry, thrift store, and Angel Tree Christmas gift program. There are also meals for shelter guests and clothing or uniforms for a school program.

Lion's Club Pantry/Town Hall
Address is 409 Trinity St/Town Hall
Trinidad California, 95570
Call (707) 677-3944

There are many other food banks and soup kitchens in Humboldt County. Dial 707.523.7900 for referrals. Callers can also be referred to public aid, such as WIC - Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, SNAP food stamps/CalFresh, and the USDA free lunch program.



By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page