Hartford Connecticut transitional housing programs.

Get help from transitional housing programs in Hartford County Connecticut. Resources are provided to homeless members of the community and those that have been evicted or are behind on their rent. Non-profits can assist in both providing a place to live and also help individuals achieve long term self-sufficiency and stability.

If you are facing eviction or if you are homeless, call a center or agency as soon as possible. Programs are offered for women, children, veterans, and the working poor. While not all Hartford residents will be able to be assisted, you may be able to get referrals. Or get additional information on public housing options or government aid, such as section 8 housing vouchers or grants for paying deposits or first months rent. The goal is to help prevent homelessness and to also rehouse people as quickly as possible.

Saint Vincent De Paul Mission Of Bristol - Elms Transitional Living Program
419 West Street
Bristol, Connecticut 06010
Telephone - (860) 583-8318

Saint Vincent De Paul Mission Of Bristol - Women With Children Transitional Program
Address: 19 Jacobs Street
Bristol, CT 06010-5663
(860) 585-9673
The center offers support to Hartford women, single parents with children, and females. Learn about low income housing and eviction prevent.

Community Renewal Team - Veterans Crossing
22 Colt Street
East Hartford, Connecticut 06118
This particular housing resource is for male veterans. They will also receive help in finding a job, budgeting and saving money for an apartment. Referrals are also offered, including help with connecting with government support services, such as food, cash aid, medical needs, and more.

Community Renewal Team - Supportive Housing Services
Main address is 8 Stonington Street
Hartford, CT 06114
Telephone number - (860) 560-5790
This assistance program administers support services and transitional housing for homeless single men and women. Clients can’t have children. CRT may even issue subsidies to pay the rent on several scattered sites or apartments in the Hartford County area.




House Of Bread
1453 Main Street
Hartford, Connecticut 06120
Phone - (860) 549-4188
Housing for people dealing with substance abuse.

Mercy Housing And Shelter Corporation
211 Wethersfield Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06114
(860) 808-2050
The program known as Ryan White Part A: Transitional Living for Parents with HIV can help patients.

Mercy Housing And Shelter Corporation - Saint Elizabeth House
Main address is 118 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Telephone - (860) 247-7464 or dial (860) 808-2120

Immaculate Conception Shelter & Housing Corporation
560 Park St.
Hartford, Connecticut 06106
For intake, dial (860) 724-4823

Address - 241 294 Arch St.
New Britain, CT 06051
(860) 225-0211

MACC Charities Shelter
466 Main St
Manchester, CT 06040
(860) 647-8003

My Sisters' Place
Main address is 102 Pliny Street
Hartford, Connecticut 06120
Call (860) 549-1634 for intake.
The non-profit group that oversees My Sisters' Place offers transitional apartments for homeless women and their children in Hartford County Connecticut. Support and resources are also for single women without children. During the 6 month stay, women will need to complete educational programs, job training and/or secure employment. Or they can volunteer.

Open Hearth Association
Location of the center is 150 Charter Oak Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06106
(860) 525-3447
The Transitional Living Program is for those individuals referred by the state criminal justice system or homeless men. Social services and self-sufficiency include employment programs, case management, substance abuse counseling, education, and also free job preparation.





Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center
Main address - 333 Homestead Avenue
Hartford, CT 06112
(800) 958-7825
Programs, which they call residential treatment, is offered for Homeless Individuals and people facing imminent eviction. Some emergency rental assistance may be offered too along with other support such as food, meals, and clothing. Low income families can receive occupational training experience, individual and group counseling, spiritual development support, and also educational/vocational services. Some basic medical/dental services are offered for those in the shelters or transitional apartments.

South Park Inn
Location 75 Main Street
Hartford, Connecticut 06106
Main number is (860) 724-0071
The agency runs a transitional living program for adult men. Priority is for individuals that are enrolled in remedial education or training programs or dealing with mental or emotional problems.

Tabor House I/Tabor House II
Mailing address is PO Box 340493
Hartford, CT 06134-0493
(860) 244-3876
Housing and other resources are for those impacted with AIDS/HIV. Receive assistance in finding permanent housing, emotional support, parenting education, and job readiness training.

YWCA - Hartford Region, Soromundi Commons
Center is located at 135 Broad Street
Hartford, Connecticut 06105
For intake call (860) 727-8094

Community Health Resources (CHR)
Main location is 587 East Middle Turnpike
Manchester, CT 06040
Telephone number - (860) 646-3888 ext. 347 or call (877) 884-3571

Friendship Service Center Of New Britain - Housing Programs/shelter/soup kitchen
85 Arch Street
New Britain, Connecticut 06051
(860) 225-0211
Housing Programs and also shelter/soup kitchen, and other assistance is offered.




East Hartford Community Shelter
East Hartford, CT 06108
(860) 568-0323

New Beginning Ministries
Address - 84 Spring Street 1st Floor
New Britain, CT 06051
(860) 827-1269
A low income, charity Christian Based Supportive Housing program. It is for men that are in recovery from homelessness, substance abuse, or a legal issue.

Stewart B. McKinney Emergency Shelter
Harford, CT 06106
Phone - 860-722-6922

Prudence Crandall Center
Mailing address is PO Box 895
New Britain, Connecticut 06050
Call (860) 225-5187
Administers a permanent supportive housing program. It is mostly for women and children that are homeless, victims of domestic violence, or the disabled. The transitional housing program and legal advocacy can help stabilize their situation and living conditions.


By Jon McNamara

“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy