latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Rental assistance Fort Bend County.

Emergency and long term rental assistance is available across Fort Bend County. Grants or loans may be issued by non-profits, churches, social services as well as charities. Find agencies below that provide rent help as well as funds to pay security deposits or storage costs, or learn about free lawyers that can help tenants in eviction court. There are housing assistance programs that are available that can stop an eviction, motel rooms for the homeless as well as long term, section 8 vouchers for income based homes.

Even if one of the Fort Bend County agencies below can't assist, then they may offer referrals. The locations will usually have staff on site that are more than willing to offer support services, even if they do not have funds for helping with a rent payment. Another option for residents, including veterans and those with children, will be the transitional housing in the region and state.

A major focus is on helping veterans, single mothers or fathers, the disabled and elderly in Fort Bend County pay their rent. All programs are available for Spanish speakers as well. Applicants should bring proof of income and need when seeking assistance from one of these Fort Bend County agencies.

East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry has a main address of 425 Stafford Run Rd, Stafford, Texas 77477. They only offer rent assistance to the zip codes of 77489, 77099, 77477, 77479, 77459, 77053, 77083, 77085, 77583, and 77545. Other help is for a mortgage payment or household needs. Grants can only be applied to once per year. Dial (281) 261-1006.

Salvation Army Fort Bend Service Center offers many assistance programs. Financial aid is offered by partners such as the United Way and Salvation Army. Funds may be used for rental deposits, housing, utilities, and more. There is also free furniture, transitional housing, and free motel or hotel vouchers for emergency accommodations. The location is 10435 Greenbough Dr, Stafford, TX. Phone: (281)-207-2500.

Office of Veteran Services is located at 4520 Reading Rd, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. Call (281) 341-4550. Housing programs, ranging from rent and mortgage help, may be offered for veterans only, or their spouses and family members. The services are offered across Fort Bend County. Or get information on VA benefits, transitional housing, and resources such as food or SSVF or HUD VASH.




Shelter Services at Fort Bend County Women's Center will assist women and children only who are escaping domestic violence. Applications to section 8, loan programs, legal aid, emergency shelter, and other support is given from their office at 905 3rd Street, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. Call (281) 344-5750 or (281) 232-5041.

Rosenberg Housing Authority offers HUD programs and income based housing. The address is 117 Lane Dr, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. Very low income families and the working poor can apply for Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers, though there is a long waiting list. There is also support for the disabled and senior citizens. Call the PHA at (281) 342-1456, and there may also be emergency section 8 for the disabled or elderly.

Riceville Mt. Olive Baptist Church is based at 11539 S Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77071. Call (713) 774-4880 for intake. Basic needs, a few dollars for bills or back rent, some gently used furniture and other support may be offered.

Rosenberg-Richmond Helping Hands - For referrals when in a crisis, dial (281) 232-4904. One time funds for rent is combined with case management. There may be funds for electric bills and landlord or tenant mediation arranged. Tenants with an eviction notice in Fort Bend, but with a job, will take priority when apply for assistance for rent arrears. Location is 902 Collins Road, Richmond, Texas, 77469.

Mamie George Community Center - Catholic Charities of Fort Bend is at 1111 Collins Road, Richmond, Texas, 77469. Dial (713) 351-6915 or (281) 202-6200. Based on funding, the church can assist with energy costs and other housing needs, such as rent. Case management is also available to single parents, low-income renters and seniors in the region. A major focus is also on veteran, including rent, legal, and basic needs for female veterans.

Coalition for the Homeless of Fort Bend County
They are part of the federal funded, and local organized, Continuum of Care. Housing services include vouchers for motels, legal aid for tenants with an eviction notice, medication, case management and money for paying a portion of rent arrears or energy costs. Read more information on Houston and Fort Bend area eviction prevention.





Fort Bend County CAC Neighborhood Center is at 1106 Morton Street, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. They are part of the non-profit, regional community action network. Everything from government grants for housing (rent, mortgage, utility payments) to budgeting, case management, and other financial assistance is offered. There is emergency help too for back rent. Dial 281-342-3012.

Fort Bend Lawyers Care – The non-profit is based in Richmond. It is part of the state of Texas and regional free legal aid network. Advice from pro-bono attorneys and paralegals can be provided as a form of justice, and they help with housing or evictions issues as well as landlord disputes. The office is at 310 Morton Street # 566, and phone number is 281-239-0015.

Homeless prevention and Fort Bend County rapid rehousing can help tenants with a pay or quit notice as well as the homeless. Assistance ranging from motel or hotel vouchers to government grants for first months rent or utility deposits is provided. Read Fort Bend County eviction and rehousing help.

Grance Under Fire helps female veterans in Fort Bend County. Everything from emergency rent help to budgeting, financial literacy, transportation and more is offered. The goal is to help female veterans gain stability, and housing is a key component. Whether assistance with rental costs, utility or security deposit grants, or case management, help is offered from 2929 McKinney Houston, TX 77003. Call 210-864-2959.

Family Hope is based at 5757 Flewellen Oaks Lane, Fulshear, TX 77441. There is basic needs help, money for rent, housing placement services and other support. Dial (832) 332-5163 for information on financial aid for mortgages, rent, and more.

Fort Bend County Social Services is located at 4520 Reading Rd, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. Main number - 281-342-7300. Government programs can assist with rent, offer information on public housing, refer clients to loans from TANF, and other aid. A goal is to prevention evictions, and both rent, utility from CEAP and mortgage programs are available along with other support.

Society of St. Stephen and the Sugar Land United Methodist has limited financial aid, including for rental arrears, based on donations. The SVDP parish is at 431 Eldridge Road, Sugar Land, Texas 77478. Home visits, proof of income, and interviews are needed. Counseling, rent help, free advice and more is offered. Call 281-491-6041. More on assistance from SVDP in Fort Bend County.





Lone Star Legal Aid of Fort Bend County helps tenants facing eviction, immigrants, and renters facing housing discrimination. There are free consultations, help applying for benefits (including SSI or section 8), landlord-tenant mediation services and other free legal consultations from 212 South 2nd Street, Richmond, Texas 77469. Call the free attorneys at (832) 913-7200.

Second Mile Ministry - Get everything from a few dollars for partial rent or housing payments to spiritual counseling, household items for immigrants or single moms, and referrals to shelters or affordable motels. Call 281-261-9199, or the charity is at 1135 Highway 90A, Missouri City, Texas 77489.

By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site