latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Rent assistance in city and county of Denver.

Find a listing of rental assistance programs in Denver. Charities, churches and government agencies provide financial help to low income and struggling tenants. Free grant money, vouchers or loans help families pay their rent or security deposits on a new home or apartment. Or find section 8 housing choice vouchers, free motel or hotel rooms, and free legal services for tenants. Get help with rent near you in Denver County.

Some of the agencies only cover a limited area, and each will have its own application process that needs to be met. Most of the rent assistance offered is to those who are faced with an immediate eviction, or who have some other type of unforeseen financial hardship, such as a medical emergency or unexpected job loss. Or look here for a section 8 application.

Call one of the organizations listed below in order to get access to help paying rent, utilities or housing related costs in Denver. If an organization can’t assist, they may have a referral to some type of government program or other agency that can help during a difficult period, including no-wait list apartments in Denver. As there are government grants to help pay rent, loans, vouchers, supportive housing and even free lawyer consultations in Denver.

Organizations that provide rental assistance in Denver CO

The Denver Colorado Mile High Rental Assistance Hotline helps anyone in needs. Get referrals and information on rental assistance programs, government grant money, funds for moving and more by zip code across the Denver County area. There are a few different phone numbers to call, and they include 1-888-480-0066. Or try 303.561.2133 (Spanish), or dial 303.561-2130 (English). Other Denver area non-profits to call for rent help include the following listed below. The main service is known as Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).

Adventist Community Services is a non-profit that helps with preventing evictions. There may be a few dollars for rent in a crisis to help meet payment demands. The address is 5045 W 1st Ave,  Denver, CO 80219. Call 303.935.7386




Denver ESG - Non-profit agencies, if they have funding, pass out money for security deposits or rent. Callers can also get information on eviction prevention services, legal support, transitional housing, and free government grants for paying various housing or rental expenses. Dial (303) 561-2111 for referrals.

Denver Salvation Army has multiple locations. The main place for housing, rent, and financial aid is the Family Services Center, and the address is 2201 Stout St. in Denver and phone number is 303.295.3366.  There are various emergency assistance programs, including limited funding for rent or utilities, homeless shelters or transitional housing, and maybe a free motel voucher.

Mennonite Urban Ministry offers housing assistance programs in a limited region. Call 303-892-6416

Broadway Assistance Center is another agency to call for rental assistance, and emergency funds are  available on a case by case basis to applicants. The address is 1212 Mariposa St, Denver, CO 80204. You can walk in and do not need to call. Call (303) 893-7933 or (303) 893-4108.

Save Our Section 8 Colorado, Denver, Colorado. Call (303) 825-6266. This non-profit encourages affordable housing in the city as well as county. They advocate for the disabled, senior citizens, and working poor and also offer information on rent subsidies from HUD. Address is 655 Broadway Street, Denver, CO 80203.

Denver Housing Authority process various low income housing programs, including Section 8 housing choice vouchers. The primary address is 1035 Osage St., Denver, CO 80204. They also operate rent subsidized homes or apartments, public housing, home buying services and others. Landlords and tenants can access services. There is also emergency section 8 for the disabled as well as elderly that can provide immediate vouches. Phone 720-932-3000. Or read more on section 8 in Colorado.

Denver Department of Human Services on 1200 Federal Blvd.. Telephone -  (720) 944-2032  or 720-944-4347. The government may have funds for rent if someone has an eviction notice. They also offer cash assistance to the very low income.





  • Denver County Social Services also runs the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program. It can help people avoid an eviction. They also have referrals to resources such as section 8 or low income, rent subsidized apartments and homes.
  • The government agency known as Denver Human Services (DHS) has staff and counselors that can help people apply for public assistance, cash aid and government programs. Counselors can provide information about food assistance, housing, and financial assistance for paying rent and housing expenses. Or get financial  help for veterans, including rent assistance from SSVF, as well as other low income who need long term housing care.

Services do not stop with rent help however, as DHS provides a range of other resources to the needy, including help with transitional housing, Medicaid, energy bills, and heating costs. A number of benefits can be arranged. As noted, the main number is (720) 944-2032 or 720-944-4347.

Saint Mary Magdalene, which is part of the Saint Vincent de Paul Society organization, can help people with rent and housing that live within church boundaries. The charity is at 2771 Zenobia St, Denver, CO 80212. Or call (303) 477-4533.

Good Shepherd, Saint Vincent de Paul Society, covers the area of South of 17th Avenue, North of Cherry Creek Drive, West of Colorado Boulevard, East of Race Street, and can distribute rent help. Telephone number is (303) 322-7706. The location is 2626 E 7th Ave Pkwy, Denver, Colorado 80206.

Association For Senior Citizens, phone number (303) 455-9642. The mission of the Association for Senior Citizens is: to promote the self-sufficiency of all senior citizens in Colorado, to ensure that no senior citizen goes without the necessities of life, including shelter, food and public services, and to help low-income seniors remain stable and independent in their own homes. The address is 2839 W 44th Ave, Denver, CO 80211.




Focus Points Family Resource Center is at 2501 E 48th Ave, Denver, Colorado 80216. Emergency housing assistance, funds for rent or security deposits and other resources. Call (303) 292-0770 ext154.

Other Saint Vincent de Paul Society churches and agencies include Notre Dame (phone (303) 935-3900) as well as Our Lady of Grace (dial (303) 297-3440.).

Another option is St. Paul Local Assistance Ministry - Offers referrals to emergency shelters and housing. May have limited funds to help pay rent, in small amounts, as the money they pay out is largely donations from congregation members. (720) 274-4710

Urban Peak Shelter only helps youth, teens, and young adults. In addition to the shelter, get case management, information on rent or deposit assistance (when ready to move), counseling, guidance and more. The location is 1630 S Acoma St, Denver, Colorado 80223. Call (303) 974-2908.

The Denver Senior Homeless Initiative (FSHI) as well as Rescue Mission Family (dial 303.313.2440) may be able to help with first month’s full rent and security deposit. The applicant needs to have some form of income and a child. More details on the Denver Rescue Mission's Family and Senior Homeless Initiative (FSHI) program include:

  • Get help for security deposit and first full month's rent for a home selected by a senior or family member.
  • The total rent can’t be more than 60% of the applicants income.
  • Additional assistance may be offered with clothing, food, household items and furniture once a client is approved for housing assistance. Also get matched with mentoring and coaching for self-sufficiency.

All these requirements need to be met for FSHI. The applicant needs to be either a Senior (age 60+) or a family with children 17 years old or younger in their legal custody, homeless (with no lease when they contact FSHI), they must have a documented source of income to cover monthly expenses, no felony in last 12 months, and have both drug screening and a background check. Call 303-313-2440

Catholic Charities, address which is 6240 Smith Rd, Denver, CO 80216 (call (303) 742-0828 or 303 393-1560) offers help for housing and rental needs. In somce cases the Denver based church may also have funds to pay a security deposit. Some assistance for paying rent may be issued as a loan to qualified families.

Denver - Colorado AIDS Project is for HIV or AIDs patients and their families. If faced with an eviction, rental assistance may be offered. There may also be vouchers for motel stays, referrals to permanent housing and low income apartments, and grants to pay a security deposit or first months rent. Call (303) 837-0166.







First Mennonite Church - Only provides rental assistance to people in the parish area, and the location is 430 W 9th Ave, Denver, CO 80204. A focus is on families with children as well as single parents who need rent help, and clients need to be faced with a one time crisis. Call (303) 892-1038 or try 303-892-1039.

Volunteers of America in Colorado can help with a number of housing issues. They do not offer direct rent assistance. The homeless and people behind can get help. Receive assistance for permanent housing, help with conducting a search for a home, transportation, education and more. Other programs may be referrals to transitional housing or apartments, Family Motel, and emergency shelters . Call VOA at (303) 297-0408 for information.

Denver Colorado Legal Services - For those with a referral, free legal aid is offered for housing matters and other civil issues. Low income tenants can learn about their rights when it comes to evictions, discrimination, and other aid. The office is at 1905 Sherman St. Call (303) 837-1313.

Colorado Coalition for the Homeless Eviction Assistance Program can offer up to $750 in funds from Denver’s Road Home program. In order to apply for help the renter must have an eviction letter, and as funding allows, some tenants in Denver may be issued a no-interest rate loan for their overdue rental expenses. Dial  (303) 293-2217 or 303.293.2217.

Jewish Family Services of Colorado may be able to assists with offering rental assistance for tenants that have existing leases and that need help with a payment. Applicants need to call (303) 597-5000 for an appointment. Address 3201 S. Tamarac Dr. Denver, CO. 80231.

Denver Homeless Prevention Activities Fund is a source of funds for non-profits in the area. The money is used to offer emergency rent help, provide motel vouchers, rehousing, and other support services to stop evictions in the region. Find more details on Denver County eviction help.

Colorado Poverty Law Project assistance low income, minorities, the vulnerable (elderly/disabled) and others with housing issues. Get free legal aid to stop evictions or for housing court. Get assistance with housing disrcimations, illegal landlords and lack of repairs and more. The address is (but no-walk ins) is 1801 California St. Denver, CO 80202. An intake form is on their websiate, and email address is [email protected]


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara














Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site