latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs in DeKalb, Jackson, Blount, St. Clair, and Cherokee County Alabama.

Financial help for bills and basic needs

One of the leading non-profits in the region is the Community Action Agency of Northeast Alabama, Inc. They can refer low income, unemployed, and struggling families to a number of emergency services and assistance programs. The organization also has several offices in the region as indicated below.

Many of their services try to limit or reduce homelessness, so the Community Action agency provides an extensive variety of services and aid to low-income families and individuals. Some of these include housing counseling, weatherization, home ownership assistance, eviction prevention, and assistance with paying rent, energy and utility bills. From time to time the agency may directly offer assistance, or case managers will refer clients to government programs or local non-profits.

Get information on neighborhood service centers, gently used clothing, food pantries, and neighbor - helping- neighbor programs. The main federal government and state of Alabama energy programs are weatherization as well as LIHEAP. Or get help from warm clothing, blankets and food boxes.

The main offices are at 1481 McMurdy Avenue South in Rainsville Alabama 35986. Call the main telephone number of 256) 638-4430 for intake. Jackson County is served by an office at 6035 County Road 88 in Pisgah. Call (256) 451-3757. Another local of the non-profit community action is 27115 John T. Reid Pkwy, Scottsboro Alabama. Dial (256) 259-5357.

The Community Action Agency at 205 Edwin Holladay Place in Pell City ((205) 338-7407) can also help low income families by providing energy conservation, food, clothing, and other resources. Last, but not least, if you need help, referrals, or guidance in Cherokee County, stop by 100 Main Street in Centre Alabama, or call (256) 927-6838.

St. Clair County Department Of Human Resources – The government and public assistance programs offered here can help citizens with government benefits to purchase food or groceries. Any aid or vouchers distributed will be based on the applicant’s income, household size, and eligibility. Case managers can also assist citizens who are currently receiving family assistance.





Get help in finding employment and obtaining job skills. Public assistance from the Department can also help families and seniors with limited financial assistance. Some of these services offered are Food Stamps, Child Care, JOBS, TANF, WIC, and Child Support. Other social services are offered as well. 2806 John Haynes Drive, Pell City, Alabama 35125, (205) 812-2100, or click here for more on public aid.

Christian Care Center – The charity programs run by this faith based center can help with paying utility bills and propane for winter heating costs. Other resources include free food, medications, and maybe emergency rent or security deposit help. Travelers passing through the DeKalb County town may also get one time lodging. The charity, which is similar to a church, is at 2000 Watkins Ave NE, Fort Payne, Alabama 35967, dial (256) 845-2546. Read more Christian Care Center DeKalb County Alabama.

American Red Cross - Blount County Service Center has a couple locations in the region. They offer disaster assistance and related programs. In addition, the non-profit runs Project Share. This is a financial assistance program for paying natural gas/electricity bills for persons 62 years of age or older. It can also help those persons who are head of households that are also receiving disability income. Locations are 906 Second Avenue East in Oneonta ((205) 274-2115) as well as 1470-1 West Main Street, Centre, Alabama. Phone (256) 927-3797

Upper Sand Mountain Parish – Programs include utility assistance of up to $40.00, food, sack of seeds, and a food pantry, as well as a 50 cent clothing store. (256) 638-2126. Assistance is for people in Dekalb and Jackson County.

Salvation Army Of DeKalb County is located at 450 Gault Avenue in Fort Payne, AL 35967 (telephone (256) 997-0858) and they also have a center in Oneonta and Scottsboro. Call (205) 625-4852. Social services and emergency aid offered includes food, holiday assistance, clothing, and maybe funds for rent or other needs. Limited resources may be offered for Prescription Expense Assistance or grants for heating bills.

Blount and Oneonta Salvation Army centers also operate in the region. This non-profit will offer many of the same resources and assistance programs as the location indicated above. Financial aid from this location will also be limited, but there may be money for paying utility bills, rent, or air conditioning costs. Other resources in Blount County can include shelter, referrals and job placement. Case managers will try to help the less fortunate to the best of their ability. More assistance from Blount County Salvation Army.





Housing assistance programs - Across the region, including De Kalb and other counties, there are agencies that provide emergency rental assistance. The goal is to stop evictions and homelessness. Not only may there be money for paying rent, but other resources include grants to pay security deposits, transitional housing, and even loan programs. More information.

Food pantries, clothing, and other needs

Christian Love Pantry – Offers free food, clothing, and other aid. Telephone (205) 763-1000. More on food pantries in Alabama.

Upper Sand Mountain Parish is based at 244744 Sylvania Road. Runs a food pantry that may even distribute seeds. (256) 638-2126

Pleasant View Baptist Church has a free food pantry, canned goods, and emergency boxes for the Dutton region. Call (256) 657-3805

Broad Street Church Of Christ also has a food pantry on site for Scottsboro Alabama. (256) 574-2489

Manna House-Jackson County distributes food to the needy. 3513 S. Broad Street, Scottsboro, AL 35769. Telephone (256) 259-4225

Hope House – Oneonta - Emergency food, support for domestic violence victims and more is offered. (205) 625-4673. Other services include Rent Payment Assistance, English as a Second Language, and GED Instruction.

Mountain Pointe Ministries Church Of God - Provide emergency food and financial assistance. (205) 625-4459

Friendship Baptist Association has limited funds for paying for minor home repairs for seniors and others. (205) 274-2879

Blount County Needy School Children – Resources can assist needy school children with eyeglasses, clothing, shoes, school supplies, eye exams, dental assistance, and other needs. 204 2nd Avenue East, Oneonta, Alabama 35121. Telephone (205) 625-4102


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site