latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Collin County rent assistance programs.

Find emergency rental assistance and eviction prevention services in Collin County. Churches, charities and government agencies offer grant funds or other financial help to low income tenants, the elderly, veterans, and disabled. Get help to pay rent or security deposits, free motel or hotel vouchers, legal aid to prevent an eviction and more. Learn where to apply for rental assistance near you in Collin County TX below.

In some cases, the organizations work together or offer referrals in an effort to coordinate services across the community, including the cities of Frisco and Plano TX. A focus of the rental or security deposit assistance programs is on families facing eviction, single moms or dads or the currently homeless.

Funds are very limited, and often the agencies rely on federal government grants or private donations. However they do their best to help the less fortunate with paying their rent, including seniors and the disabled, with applications in Spanish too. The Collin County Texas agencies also have information on other housing resources, such as homeless shelters or transitional housing units. The leading agencies to call for emergency rental help or additional information are below.

Organizations that help with rental payments

Allen Community Outreach – Referrals may be offered to a number of low income assistance programs. (972) 727-9131. the charity is at 301 W Boyd Dr, Allen, Texas 75013.

Assistance Center of Collin County is a leading non-profit. The have information on charities as well as non-profits that offer housing or rent help, coordinate social services, and assist the homeless or recently evicted. Emergency food, rental programs, and other financial aid is offered. Call (972) 422-1850 for intake. Or more on Assistance center of Collin County.

Christian Community Action Center supports a limited number of towns and regions in Collin County. For those that qualify, emergency, one time rental assistance may be offered, often in the forms of no interest loans. There may also be utility bill assistance, free furniture, and help for immigrants, single moms and the vulnerable  The center covers Argyle, Bartonville, Coppell, Copper Canyon, Coral City, The Colony Denton County areas of Dallas Carrollton (ZIP codes 75007, 75010, 75011), Double Oak, Flower Mound, Hackberry, Hebron, Hickory Creek, and Highland Village. Call (972) 221-1224.

There may be other housing or rent assistance available for residents of Justin, Lakewood Village, Lewisville, Little Elm, Northlake, Oak Point, Roanoke, Corinth, Lake Dallas and Shady Shores, Marshall Creek, Shady Shores, Trophy Club, Southlake, and Westlake (Denton Co. & NW ISD) as well as Frisco .For more details, dial (972) 221-1224.




St Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church – The charity may offer to help with rent, security deposits to the homeless, and other financial aid. (972) 596-5505

St. Mark Catholic is part of St. Vincent de Paul – Services address housing needs. Volunteers from the non-profit may offer financial assistance for paying rent or lodging costs, such as utilities. Food and other case management is available, including referrals to low income housing in the region. The charity is at (972) 423-1877.

Community Lifeline Center can be reached at (972) 542-0020. Referrals are offered to crisis programs, including for rent to prevent an eviction or homelessness. Job training and education is also coordinated for low income or unemployed household in Collin County Texas.

Legal Aid of Northwest Texas is based on Plano. Lawyers can offer free support and representation on housing and eviction matters. They represent the elderly, low income, and those facing housing discrimation in court as well. Call 214-748-1234.

Family Gateway Center operates shelters and transitional housing for the homeless. When ready to exist, guests can get referrals to programs for first month’s rent, security deposits, and help in locating an affordable, permanent home. (214) 741-6515

Farmersville Ministerial Alliance - The programs only support those in the immediate school district. Limited funds may be available for rent or housing costs. Call (972) 782-8428 for details.

Frisco Family Services Center - In additional to rent assistance, including grants, the government non-profit may provide applicants with information and referral services. Seniors, the disabled, single parents, and families with young children may benefit from the cash assistance or loans that are available for paying rent. Clothing, employment programs, and other aid is offered too. (972) 335-9495





Collin County Housing Authorities (PHA) offer rent subsided apartments, section 8 HUD vouchers, and more. There are a few locations for low income households or those in poverty to apply at in Collin County. They offer many of the services noted above. Depending on the center, they may also assist with section 8 vouchers (including emergency Section 8) and offer legal support to tenants as well.

  • McKinney Housing Authority, call (972) 542-5641
  • Plano Texas Housing Authority – Telephone (972) 423-4928. This organization operates scattered homes and apartments. HUD section 8 rental vouchers can be used by those that qualify.
  • Farmersville Housing Authority administers public housing in Collin County. Units and apartments may be offered for the disabled, elderly, and very low income. Monthly rent will be due, but the amount is based on the client’s income. Phone - 903-583-3336.
  • Other income subsidized homes are available too. More on Texas section 8 housing.

Housing Crisis Center administers several resources. Call them at (214) 828-4244. They include free legal aid and clinics for tenants. There is also short and long term transitional housing available with case management services. Case managers may have referrals to rental and security deposit assistance programs as well. A number of services can help with evictions.

Metrocrest Social Services supports a limited region. Funds may be offered for housing, energy bills, rent, and other crisis aid. The non-profit can be called on as a last resort for rental resources. Telephone number is (972)-446-2100.

Network of Community Ministries is a faith based church / charity that offers shelter and financial aid to the homeless and very low income. Clothing, food, and more is offered as well. (972) 234-8880

Plano Community Charity may have funds, or zero interest loans, for rental payments or water / utility bills. All resources are limited. There is other household goods, such as furniture and other items that a tenant or homeowner may need. (972) 578-0399.

Salvation Army - The non-profit charity has shelter, transitional housing, and rental assistance. There is also Referrals for other Social Services and Collin County housing resources available. They operate from a few centers in Collin County Texas. The elderly can be assisted too. McKinney Corps (Phone - (972) 542-6694), Plano (dial (972) 423-8254) or the Garland center is at (972) 272-4531.





Homeless prevention funding is allocated to agencies in Collin County each year. The federal government HUD organization provides money to the community to pay for everything from motel vouchers to moving costs or one time rental assistance. Residents facing an eviction with children as well as the vulnerable, such as senior citizens, are a focus of the grants for rent and housing costs. Find eviction help in Collin County.

Richardson East Church of Christ supports the Collin County portion of the region. The address is 1504 E. Campbell Road Richardson, Texas 75081. Whether it is some money to pay rent to stop evictions, or utility/water bill help to keep the family in their home, grants and financial aid is offered. Call (972)-231-8231.

The Samaritan Inn – Phone (972) 562-7375. The agency runs a comprehensive homeless program. Money may be for paying security deposits, first month’s rent, and case management can break the cycle of homelessness.

Referrals (with a small possibility of direct financial help) is offered from a couple local churches and charities. Collin County residents can learn about emergency rent assistance, free furniture, basic needs, deposit help and housing resources.

  • The Treasure Chest is at 301 W Boyd Dr, Allen, TX 75013. Dial (972) 727-9131
  • SVDP (St. Vincent) is based at St Gabriel the Archangel Church. The parish is 110 St Gabriel Way, McKinney, TX 75071. Telephone - (972) 542-7170

The Stewpot offers various assistance for the homeless, including single parents and victims of domestic violence. They do not offer help for paying rent. 214-746-2785.

Urban League of North Central Texas offers various housing and job type resources. The range from foreclosure prevention to referrals to rent assistance and transitional housing. Staff also have information on government benefits, such as section 8 HUD subsidized rent vouchers. Homebuyer Workshops and various emergency financial assistance for energy bills, security deposits, rent and mortgage is offered. The non-profit is at (214) 915-4600. There are also Urban League centers in Garland (phone (214) 413-1720), Irving ((972) 251-4054), as well as Pleasant Grove Texas. Call (214) 413-1765.

Collin County Vietnam Veterans Foundation of Texas, Inc. - Staff help veterans and their families with housing needs, applying for VA benefits and Social Security, government grants for rent and other needs. Call (214) 351-1303







Wylie Community Christian Care Center has food, clothes, funds for rent, clothing, and more. The address is 1310 W. Brown St., Wylie, TX  75098. Call 972-442-4341. the charity is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursdays 10-2, and from Saturday 10am -12 noon. Funds for housing or other costs, including rent, are limited.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site