latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Rental assistance in Boise and Ada County.

Low-income families that need rental assistance in Boise Idaho have several different programs available to them. They range from free legal aid to prevent homelessness to grants for paying a portion of rental arrears or a security deposit or low-income, no wait housing. Find help near you with rent in Ada County.

The charity organizations, churches, or government agencies listed below do have limited funding but try to help as many people as possible with their housing costs. The application process for grant money to help pay rent is extensive. If one of the places in the Boise area can't provide the applicant with emergency or long term rental assistance then referrals may be offered instead. As the locations have staff on site that have information on everything from shelter to short term housing or security deposit programs.

Get assistance paying rent costs in Ada County

St. Vincent De Paul Society of Ada County is served by this parish at 3217 West Overland, Garden City, Idaho 83714. A helpline for information on emergency rental or financial help is available for Ada County residents. The church based group and its volunteers can help clients apply for rent help, furniture for an apartment, or funds for energy bills. Other services are offered as well in an effort to assist those that are struggling with their housing. Telephone - (208) 331-2208.

  • Another SVDP in Boise, that will have funds to pay back rent as well as re-entry services, is at 3217 W Overland Rd, Boise, ID 83705. Call (208) 370-2030.

Community Action Partnership also provides financial assistance. There is grant money, housing resources, one time rent assistance and more to the low income in Ada County. The address of the agency is 701 E 44th St, Garden City, ID 83714. Much of the financial help, including for rent or security deposits, is combined with case management. Call (208) 377-0700. Another office of community action is at 2250 S Vista Ave, Boise, ID 83705. Phone: (208) 345-2820.

Self-Reliance Program at Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is government aid. The address is 1720 Westgate Dr., Boise, Idaho 83704. Main phone (208) 334-6700. Cash assistance can be used for utilities, security deposits, rent, and other expenses. They partner with the CareLine in Ada County. They also offer housing solutions to the disabled from AABD - Aged, Blind, and Disabled.




City Light Home for Women and Children provides both homeless shelter and transitional housing, with eventual placement into rent subsidized homes offered. This is only for women, such as single moms or domestic violence survivors. Call the Boise center at (208) 368-9901, and the address is 1404 W Jefferson St, Boise, Idaho 83702.

Community Action Partnership Association (CAPAI) location is 3350 W Americana Terrace #360, Boise, ID 83706. Main number is (208) 375-7382. This non-profit is a source of information on both government grants and other sources of funding for rental costs, such as a loan. Case management to break the cycle of homelessness is arranged too. Everyone from single mothers to the underemployed can locate housing resources, including financial for helping with past due rent.

Salvation Army Centers in Boise - Location of the main office is 9492 W Emerald St, Boise, ID 83704. CATCH is the name or a resource for homeless children or single moms if the child is under the age of 18. The charity can place them into short term housing which gives them time to save towards a first month rent payment as well as a utility or security deposit. Other social services are run by the Ada charity, including assistance for a portion of back rent to working poor residents or free hotel or motel vouchers. Dial (208) 343-5420, or more on Salvation Army housing assistance Ada County.

The Ada County Indigent Services is run by the Ada County Human Services at 252 E Front St, Boise, ID 83702. The indigent can apply for section 8 vouchers or emergency financial help for rent, moving, and other bills. They also run a tax program. Call (208) 287-7960.

Housing placement or eviction assistance from CATCH and other charities assists with paying bills including rent, water, and lodging costs such as a motel. Low income Ada County tenants and the homeless can apply for deposit or rental assistance, including homeless prevention. Click more information on Ada County eviction help.

Several non-profits and lawyers offer free legal aid to tenants facing an eviction. They will meet with the low income family, senior citizen or tenant and sometimes the landlord as well in an effort to mediate a solution or agree to a payment plan on the rent that is owed. The advice, and even representation, can be free to low income families as well as senior citizens.

  • Ada County Legal Aid Services is based at 1447 S Tyrell Lane, Boise, ID 83706. The number is (208) 345-0106. Another option is the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program, and that number is (208) 334-4510. Residents over the age of 60 that are struggling with a housing issue can dial Senior Care Advisor at the toll free number of (888) 376-7298.





Our Path Home offers housing assistance from 150 N. Capitol Blvd, Boise ID 83702. They have money for paying rent, moving costs or deposits as part of Housing First. This will help people move immediately into a new home or apartment, including kid friendly units. The contact is

Boise City as well as Ada County Housing Authority address is 1001 S Orchard St, Boise, Idaho 83705. A few resources are offered. One is section 8 HUD vouchers and other is public housing. Both of them are federal government rental assistance programs for the low income, poor, single mothers in Ada County and elderly. They also help with home buying, loans, and other housing needs. Call (208) 345-4907.

Jesse Tree Emergency Rent and Mercy Assistance. They also offer homeless prevention and rehousing. Address is 1121 Miller St., Boise, ID 83702. For shelter or information on rent help, dial (208) 383-9486. Cash grants can help single moms, the underemployed, and struggling pay their rent, energy bills, and other needs. They focus on preventing homelessness.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page