latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Get rent help in Binghamton and Broome County.

Financial help can be obtained with paying rent, moving costs or security deposits in Binghamton and Broome County New York. Several charity agencies, churches and government programs can provide grants, loans and emergency rental assistance. Or get free eviction defense from attorneys. Below is more information on the rent assistance programs or income based housing, as well as the organizations to call for more information and help.

Most of the programs focus on the low income, unemployed, senior citizens, and disabled, however anyone can receive advice as well as referrals. Some services are also available for the homelessness as well as people on the verge of being evicted. These programs can help pay for security deposits, first month’s rent, moving costs, and even provide motel or hotel vouchers. Every year thousands of Broome County New York residents receive some form of housing and rental assistance.

Binghamton Planning, Housing and Community Development. Call (607) 772-7028. They also may be able to provide rent funds from the federal government stimulus funded Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing program.

Union Town Department of Planning - They offer the section 8 housing program. Clients can get housing assistance for a home or apartment that that meets program requirements. Section 8 will pay a formula amount towards the families rent. The maximum amount of assistance provided can’t exceed the Housing Choice Voucher subsidy, and is usually based on Union Town’s Payment Standard less 30% of the family’s income. 607-786-2985

Broome County Catholic Social Services - Regardless of your background or faith, this charity organization can provide income qualified families in Broome County with very limited cash to pay for rent and deposits. More importantly they are a great place to call for case management and free advice. In Binghamton call (607) 723-6355 or Endicott dial (607) 741-0011.




Get free eviction defense (legal aid) and speak to an attorney or staff member. The Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York help low income families or the elderly with civil needs. This can include stopping eviction, applying for rent subsidized section 8 vouchers and other needs. The address is 168 Water Street Second Floor, Binghamton, NY, 13901. Main phone - (607) 231-5900.

Binghamton Housing Authority processes section 8 HUD vouchers. There is normally a waiting list, and dial (607) 723-9491. They also have low income, rent subsidized homes and apartments. Tenants pay a percent of their income for housing. The main office is at 35 Exchange St, Binghamton, New York 13902. Find more details on emergency section 8 in New York.

Salvation Army of Binghamton. The local branch of the national non-profit Salvation Army organization. Programs can help with heating bills, home repairs, and of course emergency rent help, if you have an eviction notice. A number of social services are provided too. (607) 722-2987

New York State Division of Veterans Affairs - Veterans, dependents, and widows can apply for aid and advice. Get assistance in applying for benefits and housing. 44 Hawley Street, Binghamton, NY 13902-1766, dial (607) 724-1299





Eviction Prevention and Rent Assistance - A Broome County NY non-profit provides various housing programs, including Section 8 housing vouchers, money and advice for eviction prevention, emergency rent help, and security deposits. 320 Chenango St., Binghamton, New York 13901-2305, call 607-772-1156.

Town of Union - Both section 8 and limited funding for other rent help is offered. The Town has a Department Of Planning located at 3111 East Main St. Endwell, New York 13760-5990. Dial 607-786-2985 or (607) 786-2977 for information on home buying services and/or rental assistance.

Opportunities for Broome, Inc. - This is the community action agency. One of the many programs they provide is a housing and rent assistance service. Counselors can help people apply for help with rent, and also get information and referrals to federal and New York state government housing and homeless prevention resources. One of the main programs is the Housing Assistance and Support Program (HASP), which is available for people who are in a crisis situation. (607) 723-6493.

Action For Older Persons, Inc., located at 30 W. State St., Binghamton, NY 13901-2332, phone (607) 722-1251. Has programs for the elderly. They mostly include referrals to housing agencies and programs, but also medical care and energy bills.

Deposit Foundation and Rural Housing Services - The non-profit organization provides referrals to other services, housing and rent assistance programs to assist residents in obtaining needed services. 119 Front St. Deposit, New York 13754-0041, call (607) 467-4000

Emergency Assistance in Broome County is provided by Emergency Aid to Adults or Families (EAF/EAA). Applicants need to interview, and have used up all other resources first. Aid may be offered for eviction prevention, shelter, moving expenses, and more. 778-2599

Urban League, last-resort Financial Assistance requires a referral form a recognized social agency. This is another program of last resort for qualified low income families and individuals. Funds may be provided for some housing costs, even including repairs or rent. 607-723-7303





Shelter Plus Care Program can pay the rent for chronically homeless individuals and help them gain independence. Serves single homeless people who have had four episodes of homelessness in the past three years or have been homeless for a year or more. Phone 607-723-6493


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site