Best credit cards, including zero interest rate and cash back cards.
Here are some of the best credit card deals, including zero percent interest rate and cash back cards, as rated by Consumer Reports as well as a number of other top sources. These credit cards have the lowest interest rates, minimal or no fees, favorable payment terms, and the best cash back rewards programs. They may also offer consumers other benefits.
Using a low interest rate credit card, or a reward card, can help people save a significant amount of money. Note that the exact interest rate and terms of the deal may change over time, but the general terms and conditions are listed below. These savings or cash back awards can be used to help pay your bills and debts, which can help you save you substantial money over time. More on using balance transfer cards to improve finances.
There are a number of good deals out there. One of them is the Chase Freedom credit card. Customers get anywhere from 1-3% back on all of the purchases they make. This is given to them on the shopping that they are already doing, so why not get paid for it.
The deals can also be combined. For example, shoppers can use the Chase Freedom Card (below), then they can shop at online shopping and rebate sites that provide cash rebates. This savings can be combined, so people can get the cash back on their credit card and then get another 5-10% (or more!) back using one of these online sites. So when people shop at most retailers they can save over 5-15% (or more) on their bills.
Best cash-back credit cards
The banks that offer these deals will give the shopper cash back on their purchases. This can even be thought of as free money, as the rebates are given on everyday purchases and really just the typical shopping that a family may due. Some of the best credit cards for these types of arrangements are listed below.
Blue Cash from American Express
- 12.49 to 18.49% interest rate
- Receive 5% cash back on your bills at drugstores, supermarkets, and gas stations; 1.5% cash rebates elsewhere.
- 0% APR on new purchases for up to 12 months.
- This credit card offers a fixed 2.99% on balances transferred for 12 months (3% transfer fee).
- You will only only get 5% and 1.5% cash rebates on purchases made after you’ve spent $6,500 within a year; if you spend less then that amount, it’s 1% and 0.5%. This credit card is best for big spenders with high bills.
Capital One No Hassle Cash Rewards
- 9.9 to 16.9% interest rate.
- Get 2% cash-back on grocery store bills and gas, and 1% on all other purchases.
- 0% intro interest rate for up to 12 months.
- No limits on cash-back rewards which are paid, which never expire. There is a $29 annual fee charged to people with poor credit scores.
Chase Freedom Visa
- 9.99 to 18.99 interest rate
- 3% cash rebate for every dollar you spend on groceries, gas bills, and fast food.
- 1% cash rebate of every dollar you spend in other categories, $50 credit after first purchase.
- 0% intro APR for up to 12 months.
- 10.99 to 18.99% interest rate.
- 5% cash back paid to consumers in various categories on up to $400 of quarterly purchases/bills
- 0.25% on other purchases up to $1,500 in annual spending; 0.5% from $1,500 to $3,000; and 1% after $3,000 purchased.
- 0% interest rate on new purchases for six months, 0% rate on balance transfers for up to 12 months (3% transfer fee).
- This is a better, top deal if you redeem your points for gift cards with the 100 retailers they partner with because you can get up to double rewards and points. There is a lesser reward for cash-back options.
Best low interest rate/low-fee cards. Also, best zero percent rate credit cards
These banks have cards with either a very low interest rate and/or no fees. This can save a borrower a significant amount of money over the months, especially if the person tends to carry a balance. In addition to the cards from the banks and issuers below, find additional ways how to get the lowest credit card interest rates. Click here.
Clear from American Express
- 13.49 to 18.99% interest rate
- 0% introductory APR for up to 12 months
- Get a fixed 3.99% rate on balances transferred for 12 months.
- A $25 AmEx gift card is provided for every $2,500 spent.
- This credit card has a very liberal one-month grace period for payments.
- No fees for cash advances, late payments, or over-limit charges. No fees can be very helpful for paying bills.
- They also provide a free credit report with credit score annually.
Iberiabank Visa Classic
- 7.5 to 9.5 interest rate.
- 0% on balance transfers for 6 months; and a competitive 7.5 to 9.5% on balances afterward.
- Get a low 11.5% to 13.5% APR on balances for convenience checks or cash advances, but it does carry a 5% transaction fee.
Pulaski Bank Visa Gold
- 8.8% interest rate.
- This APR applies to cash advances and new purchases.
- 0% APR on balance transfers for 6 months, 8% after.
- No cash advance fee, which can be very helpful for any need for short term cash that you may have.
Simmons First Visa Platinum
- 7.25% interest rate
- Cash-advance APR is only 11.25%, with a 3% transaction fee. And default penalty APR is only 15.25%.
- Balance transfer APR is 7.25%. If you are transferring a balance that can be paid off quickly, try Simmons First Visa Platinum Travel Rewards card as it has a 0% interest rate on balance transfers for six months, 8.95% APR, and no transfer fee.
Best gas rewards credit cards
Anyone looking to get cash back on their gasoline purchases may want to consider these cards for the best deals. Consumer Reports will often recommend them as the rebates can be substantial and the monthly fees either low or non-existent.
Chase BP Visa
- 12.99 to 19.99% interest rate.
- 5% cash rebate on gas bought at BP, 2% rebate on travel and dining, 1% rebate on other purchases.
- All cash rebates are doubled for the first 60 days of using the credit card.
- No cash rebates paid on gas at non-BP stations.
Chase PerfectCard MasterCard
- 9.99 to 18.99% interest rate.
- 6% rebate paid on gas bills for first 90 days, 3% afterward; receive 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- 0% APR on new purchases for up to 6 months.
- Maximum rebates on gasoline up to $500 in spending per month.
Discover Open Road
- 10.99 to 18.99% interest rate.
- 5% cash back on auto maintenance and gasoline bills up to $100 in purchases per month.
- 1% cash rebates paid on all other purchases after the total annual purchases exceed $3,000. Also, receive up 20% cash back at retailers you shop at using the Discover Web site.
- 0% APR on new purchases for six months and 0% rate on 12 months on balance transfers.
- This rebate credit card is best for people who don’t spend a lot on money on gas.
- Rewards paid on non-gas purchases are only 0.25% up to $1,500 in annual spending and 0.5% from $1,500 to $3,000; 3% to 4% fee on credit card balance transfers, depending on credit scores and record.