Baldwin County Georgia Salvation Army assistance programs.
Programs from the Milledgeville Salvation Army help a wide variety of families. There is assistance for the homeless, working poor, senior citizens, single moms and dads, children, and unemployed among others. Find emergency shelter or rent help, free back to school supplies or Christmas toys, case management, meals, and more. A list of the Family Services that may be offered throughout the year are below.
Free programs from Salvation Army
Programs work to feed the hungry. To this end, the Salvation Army has a soup kitchen as well as free food bank. Together between the two of them they help prevent hunger in the community. The resources offered some or all of the following form of assistance in Baldwin County.
- Free boxes of groceries including items such as Dried Beans, cereal, canned fruits and veggies.
- Hot lunches are served daily to feed the hungry.
- Special holiday meal services, at Easter, Thanksgiving turkey dinners, and Christmas.
- Nutritional classes are held at the Baldwin County Salvation Army, and touch on cooking, shopping, and eating healthy.
- Referrals to government programs including USDA Summer Food Service Program, SNAP food stamps, WIC - Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, and others.
In an effort to spread the joy of the Christmas (and other holiday seasons), the Baldwin County Salvation Army steps up to the plate. They run programs called Angel Tree, in which the community selects a child's name of a tree and buys the item they request. There may be dolls for girls, trucks for boys, and similar goods. There are also free Thanksgiving meals served in the community by volunteers, as well as a partnership with Toys for Tots from the USMC. Volunteer Bell Ringers are always needed from the Baldwin County Georgia region.
During a disaster, the Salvation Army in Milledgeville offers Disaster relief. They do this in many forms and fashion. First is by offering free material goods, and that may be supplies like water, food, clothes, and similar goods. The second type of disaster response is to get the individual/family back on the track to long term stability, and that may be information on local shelters, places for free furniture or items to resupply a home, and much more.
Emergency help from Salvation Army in Milledgeville
Financial aid in Baldwin County from Salvation Army – In some instances, there may be a few dollars to help pay for a small number of bills. This is for an emergency and one time only. There may be funds to pay for expenses including rent, energy bills, water, and more. This will all be for solving an emergency, including to stop an eviction or to help someone keep their lights/power on. Other resources include emergency shelter, clothes, deposits, and more.
Some vouchers or free gift cards may also be offered by the Milledgeville Salvation Army. These will be for goods such as medications or say gasoline for work. The vouchers can usually be redeemed at a Salvation Army partner. In those cases it may be a thrift store. Or the voucher may be used at a local grocery store or say gas station for those items.
Many other Family Services are offered, based on resources as well as the applicant's needs. Those may be some or all of the following:
- Summer camps for kids.
- Back to school supplies, notebooks, uniforms, backpacks, and more.
- After school care for kids that need it.
- Case management and advice for helping the person exit poverty.
- Men and women ministries.
- Referrals to other local charities. There are even options such as the Salvation Army US Headquarters.
- Drug rehabilitation services and programs, both for drugs as well as alcohol.
- Salvation Army in Baldwin County helps low income families and those in poverty apply for government benefits.
Apply for Salvation Army Services
There are other resources that may be offered. The Salvation Army does its best to meet needs of struggling individuals. The Salvation Army Milledgeville also supports the county. The address is 461 E. Hancock Street, Milledgeville, GA 31061. Call (478) 452-6940. A formal application process is in place.