latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Arizona Home Energy Assistance Fund.

Numerous non-profit organizations and agencies partner together as part of the Arizona Home Energy Assistance Fund. The program may be able to provide cash grants and other funding to low income families that are facing a crisis or some form of unexpected hardship. The aid is intended to help prevent a cut off of a customer’s electric or natural gas service.

The leading agency in the state that oversees the program is the Arizona Community Action Association, or ACAA. They work together and with Community Action Program (CAP) offices in every county. While resources and funding is very limited and only a portion of applications will be fulfilled, the fund may provide qualified low income individuals and families annual one-time financial assistance. It will be used to restore utilities to avoid disconnections. Households can only apply at most once per year.

A combination of partnerships is also used to help the needy. It involves utility companies, advocacy, education and other forms of financial assistance from the Home Energy Assistance Fund. It relies heavily on donations and that is one reason why funding is so limited. The money will come from utility companies, foundation grants and also individual donors. Please do donate if you can and all of the funds will go to the needy and less fortunate. Your contribution will also be tax deductible.

Temporary, short term help is offered by the Arizona Home Energy Assistance Fund. When facing a hardship from say the death of a spouse, the loss of income, unexpected medical expenses or bills, then those are some of the situations in which the program can help. Money will assist with preventing a disconnection.

As with any financial aid program, the applying household will need to meet various income guidelines. They will also need proof of that and other documentation. This can include items such as Proof of residency for the applicant, Photo ID, Proof of identity for each person in the home, Supporting income documentation for the previous 30 days, copy of current utility bill(s), and more.

Most utility companies in Arizona offer other forms of support as well. They may administer conservation programs or offer payment plans to qualified customers. The following companies provide this service to eligible households. Arizona Public Service Company (APS), EPCOR Water, Global Water, Salt River Project (SRP), Southwest Gas and also UniSource Energy Services – Gas and Electric.





Community action agencies can also provide other support. For example, very low income households that may pay a large percentage of their income towards their utility bills can look into federal government benefits such as LIHEAP. This is the main cash grant program. Or explore weatherization, which is a free conservation program offered in both Arizona and across the nation.

Apply for energy help and contact information

Applications are processed at local community action agencies, which are located in every state and county in Arizona. Some of the main offices are listed below. Or customers can dial 602-604-0640.

A New Leaf/MesaCAN
Avondale Community Action Program
Chandler Christian Community Center
City of Phoenix Human Services Department
Concerned Citizens for Community Health
Coconino County Community Services Department
Community Action Human Resources Agency (CAHRA)
Gila County Community Services Division
Glendale Community Action Program
Guadalupe Community Action Agency – (480) 730-3093
Interfaith Community Services
Maricopa County Human Services Department
Northern Arizona Council of Governments (NACOG)
Old Concho Community Assistance Center – (928) 337-5047
Pathways Program (Foundation for Senior Living)
Peoria Senior Center – (623) 979-3570
Pilgrim Rest Foundation, Inc.
Pima County Community Action Agency
Salvation Army, Flagstaff – (928) 774-1403
Salvation Army, Phoenix – (602) 267-4127
Southern Arizona Community Action Program (SEACAP) – (928) 428-2872
Tempe Community Action Agency
Tolleson Community Action Program
Tucson Urban League
Western Arizona Council of Governments (WACOG)
Wickenburg Community Action Program – (928) 684-7894

By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page