latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Rental assistance in Yakima and Benton County.

Rent assistance programs are available from churches, charities and government agencies in Benton as well as Yakima County. The goal is to help stop evictions of low-income families. Housing assistance including money for back rent, section 8 housing, free tenant lawyers and more. Get rental assistance near you in Yakima and Benton County.

Funds help single mothers, seniors, and people with a disability in addition to struggling tenants. Based on the income of the family, the organizations may provide the applicant with a free grant for pay rental expenses or they may refer the person to other sources of financial help help. Or look here for details on how to get immediate financial assistance.

There are instances in which past due energy bills could also lead to an eviction from a home. Therefore, in some cases, not only may rent help be available but there may be funds for paying other household bills, such as utilities. If a family needs more time to regain stability, then they can also get information on transitional housing, first or last months rent assistance as well as low income apartments in the region of Yakima or Benton County. So a wide range of solutions, ranging from motel vouchers to grants, can assist with rent and other needs.

Where to apply for help paying rent in Benton and Yakima County

OIC of Washington
Address - 815 Fruitvale Blvd., Yakima, WA 98902. Main phone: (509) 248-6751 or (509) 454-4610
Only farm workers and migrants can apply for rental assistance as part of the WIA Farmworkers Investment Program. There is also job training, security deposit grants and placement into low income housing in Yakima County.

Northwest Community Action Center
706 Rentschler Lane, Toppenish, WA 98948. Main phone - (509) 865-7630
Security deposit as well as help for paying rent is available from a program known as HEN (Housing and Essential Needs). They also offer move-in cost assistance or furniture. Temporary rental programs are for senior citizens as well as the disabled in the community as well.




Salvation Army of Yakima
Main office is 246 Division Street, Grandview, WA, 98930. Telephone - (509) 882-2584
Funding for rent is very limited and often runs out. There is support for the Lower Valley area, including Toppenish, Granger, Grandview, Mabton, and Sunnyside Washington. Or get access to an emergency homeless shelter, vouchers for lodging and other support. Get additional details on rent assistance from Salvation Army in Benton and Yakima.

  • Salvation Army Mid Columbia is another option. The address is 310 N 4th Avenue, Pasco, WA, 99301. For intake or referrals, dial (509) 547-2138. The charity covers Benton County. Emergency rent assistance is available along with transitional housing. Funds are first come and served and often run out.

Yakima Neighborhood Health Services - HEN Program
602 E. Yakima Ave, Yakima, Washington, 98901. Call (509) 249-6232
Homeless prevention and rapid rehousing are offered, including emergency funds to pay back rental costs, lodging in a motel, or a homeless shelter. They also offer Yakima County WA security deposit and first months rent help.

  • Another non-profit is at the address of 617 Scoon Road, Sunnyside, Washington, 98944, dial (509) 837-8200.

Another program known as HOPWA will also provide government grants for expenses ranging from utilities to back rent. This is only for people with AIDs or HIV, and they also have shelter and child care services. Location is 12 S 8th Street, Yakima, WA, 98901, dial (509) 454-4143.

Benton Franklin Community Action Committee
Eviction Prevention services are available from two locations of the non-profit. Assistance, including loans or ESG grants, are used to pay back rent and the agency will also offer legal support and landlord-mediation.

  • One office is at 720 W Court Street, Pasco, Washington, 99301, dial (509) 545-4042.
  • Another center can be located at 424 6th Street Suite 2, Prosser, WA, 99350, telephone (509) 786-3379.





Yakima and Benton office of Northwest Justice Project
311 N. 4th Street, Yakima, WA 98901. Call 1-888-201-1018
Pro-bono attorneys provide free advice to low income families as well as tenants facing eviction on housing issues. Services range from eviction assistance to resolving disputes over unpaid rent or deposit disputes.

Benton Franklin Counties Department of Human Services
7102 W Okanogan Place, Kennewick, WA, 99336. Phone number is (509) 783-5284
State of Washington grants can be used for security or utility deposits as well as past due rent. There is a focus on families, the unemployed or single parents with a pay or quit notice as well as offering housing for seniors living on a fixed income.

The Housing Resource Center - CES Coordinated Entry System
7102 W. Okanogan Place, Kennewick, WA 99336. Dial 509-737-3946 for referrals.
Homeless people and low-income families facing eviction or utility shut offs will get help. Referrals are given. Get details on places for emergency rental assistance programs, no-wait list affordable apartments, money for storage costs and free vouchers for Red Roof Inn, Motel 6 or other lodging.

Housing Choice Vouchers - Section 8
These is HUD, federal government rent subsidized apartments. A focus is on the very-low income, seniors and women facing DV. Get affordable housing, Section 8 to pay partial rent payments and other aid.

  • Yakima Main Office is at 810 North 6th Ave, Yakima, WA 98902. Call 509-453-3106
  • Another site is 701D Guyette Lane, Toppenish, WA 98948

St Vincent de Paul – Richland
629 Main St, Union Gap, WA 98903. Phone: (509) 457-5111. Call (509) 946-1325


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara













Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page