Assistance programs Woodbury County and Sioux City.
Locate financial financial assistance programs as well as free stuff for low income families in Woodbury County. Find emergency for rent or security deposits. Or get grant money to pay a mortgage, utility bills, moving costs and other bills. Charities, churches, and government human services assist the elderly, disabled as well as low income in Sioux City and the county.
Free items are also offered. This includes food, winter or year round clothes, as well as back to school supplies or Christmas toys. There is also debt help or free lawyers for low income households along with the financial help in the Woodbury County region.
Community Action Agency assistance programs
Several different assistance programs as well as government grants are offered to those who need help by this non-profit. They include the following.
- Rent payment assistance - Financial aid may be available to help prevent an eviction from your home or apartment.
- Heating and utility bill assistance - The federal government funded LIHEAP program helps qualified low to moderate income individuals and families by paying a portion of their primary heating costs. A crisis component can also help prevent a disconnection of service.
- Food vouchers and assistance - This service provides a short term supply of food and groceries to low income and struggling families who are in crises. This is available on an as needed basis and is dependent on food availability. Appointments are encouraged but walkins are allowed to visit the office as well.
- Weatherization - This energy conserving program can help people save money on their heating and utility bills.
- Grants from General Assistance - This can be used for basic living expenses or for a security deposit for people leaving transitional housing or the Welcome Home Project.
Contact Sioux City Community Action Agency of Siouxland at (712) 274-1610. The non-profit offers other support as well, and learn more on programs from the Siouxland Community Action Agency.
Financial assistance, debt, and housing counseling in Woodbury County
The Center for Siouxland is an organization that is committed to helping people get back on their feet. They offer a variety of programs, counseling services, and more. Some of the services they provide qualified individuals include:
- Consumer credit financial counseling - Learn about debt management plans, and get tips on how to work directly with creditors. Learn additional negotiation tips.
- Debt management programs. Reduce interest rates, get fees waived, and save money over the long term.
- Predatory Lending practices and learn your rights. Learn about free legal advice and tips.
- Foreclosure and housing assistance and advice. The state of Iowa also also tactics. Learn Iowa foreclosure mediation programs.
- Credit reports and learn how to repair your credit.
- Receive counseling on how to restructure debt, including medical and credit card debts.
Contact the Center For Siouxland at 712-252-1861.
Woodbury County Human Services provides information, and applications to public assistance programs as well as benefits. They are wide ranging, and include SNAP food stamps, cash aid as well as Medicaid or Medicare. They also have information on lawyers and free pro-bono attorneys that can advice low income families with legal needs. Find more details on free lawyers for low income households.
There is also low income, section 8 vouchers, elderly, care, and free daycare vouchers among other grant as well as social services programs. The address is 822 Douglas St, Sioux City, Iowa 51101. The phone number is (712) 255-0833. Or read more on public assistance in Iowa.
Housing assistance is offered across the Woodbury county area. There are a few main programs. They are (1) homeless shelters, (2) emergency financial help for rent or bills, (3) free legal aid to stop an eviction or (4) low income, HUD subsidized apartments or houses to live in. Charities and government agencies offer help. More on Woodbury County rental assistance programs.
The Salvation Army of Woodbury County is located on Villa Avenue and they can be reached at 402-494-7997 or 712-255-8836. There are also social services as well as Family stores. They run a thrift store, can provide free food or winter coats and may have limited financial assistance for utility bills or back rent.
Case workers can refer people to local Iowa programs and charities. The Salvation Army also provides Christmas meals or gifts, back to school supplies for students of all ages, a transitional housing program, and other guidance. Find details on Sioux City and Woodbury County Salvation Army.