Financial help from Wichita County Interfaith Ministries services.

There are several self-sufficiency and emergency assistance programs available from Interfaith Ministries. The faith based charity supports immigrants, those on public benefits, and people facing poverty in the region. While much of the aid, such as for rent or security deposits is limited and comes with restrictions, the agency will often have referrals too.

CITA - Community Interpreting and Translating Assistance provides support to people within 50 miles of Interfaith Ministries. Volunteers will provide interpretation services to immigrants and newcomers, and this is an important service for non-English speakers in the Wichita Falls County area.

What CITA can do as well is help individuals apply for community services and public aid such as health benefits, job training, education, cash assistance and other social services. So it is key to Spanish or other non-English speakers. Dial 940-322-1365.

Vouchers for prescription medications are available from a project run by Interfaith Ministries. It is mostly for individuals with a disability or some form of chronic illness that also meet low income guidelines. It is for residents that live in either Wichita County or the town of Holliday, Texas.

The program is offered as a last resort. So applicants need to have used up all government programs first (such as Medicaid) as well as any local or non-profit prescription resources. When applying, proof of hardship, condition, income, and much more is needed. There is also participation from pharmacies throughout the community as well as discounts from national pharmaceutical companies. The project is run from 1101 11th St, Wichita Falls, Texas. Call 940-264-6131.

The charity also helps with disasters. Interfaith Ministries works with other groups, charities and non-profits such as the American Red Cross and Salvation Army, among others. They provide assistance in the region, including Wilbarger, Wichita, Archer, and other counties. There may be shelter, free meals, water, and more provided. Volunteers and first responders are an important part of this program.

Food bank is operated by Interfaith Ministries. They provide canned goods, cleaning supplies, fresh and frozen products, baby formula and toiletries and to individuals and families each month. What the pantry can do is help people free up their money to pay other bills each month. Low income and struggling residents of Holliday and Wichita County are the biggest users of the center.




In addition to the pantry, groceries may be available if you have applied for federally funded SNAP food stamps and are waiting to receive benefits. There are also some emergency resources from Interfaith Ministries for people facing hunger.

Utility bill programs are offered. For those facing a disconnection, if they meet qualifications, then cash assistance may be paid out. There could be funds for Reliant or TXU electric bills, natural gas costs, or even water bills. While not as common, utility deposits or reconnection fees may be paid as well. This is only for people with some form of income, even if it TANF, a job, disability or Social Security.

Very limited rent or emergency housing assistance may be paid out, including for security deposits. Once again, most of this aid from Interfaith Ministries is for people that have some source of income already. They also generally need to have an eviction notice and be facing homelessness. The reason this is needed is the tenant needs to be able to pay the rent on their own in the future, and the Ministries support is intended to be one time only.

Any aid is provided on a first come and served basis. Funds are very limited, and may actually vary from day to day. In most cases only a portion of the need will be addressed, such as partial rent or energy bills. Note that If Interfaith Ministries is not able to help with your needs, then referrals will be provide to other churches or non-profits in the region.

The main center is at 1101 11th St., Wichita Falls, Texas 76301. Call the office at (940) 322-1365.



By Jon McNamara

“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy