Free Christmas and holiday help in Washoe County.
Find the non-profits and charities in Washoe County that may provide help at Christmas. The agencies, most of which operate as charities, provide everything from free presents for children to toys, electronics, and other items. While the youth in the county as well as Reno get most of the assistance, next in line will be Christmas directed at low income senior citizens that live on a limited income.
Most of the gifts are issued as part of the Salvation Army as well as United States Marine Corps Toys for Tots program. This service is operated by several charities in the region. Using donations, it provides toys, games, clothing, maybe gift certificates, and other goods to income qualified households with children. In addition to that Christmas assistance program, there are other ways to get help during the holidays as noted below.
Incline Village section of Washoe County
Residents that live in this area have a few place to apply at. The Toys for Tots program provides kids with free Christmas presents. This may be a small toy, items for their stocking, clothes, and more.
- Project MANA, 948 Incline Way, Incline Village, NV 89451, Phone: (775) 298-0008.
- Tahoe Women’s Services, 948 Incline Way, Incline Village, Nevada 89451. For applications, the telephone number is (775) 298-0010.
- The Village Church, 736 McCourry Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451, main phone (775) 831-0784.
- Tahoe Family Solutions, 948 Incline Way #212, Incline Village, NV 89451, Main phone (775) 298-0004
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 701 Mt Rose Hwy, Incline Village, Nevada 89451. For details, dial (775) 831-0490
- LifePoint Church of Incline Village, 99 Village Blvd, Incline Village, Nevada 89451, dial (775) 831-6626
Families that live in other parts of Washoe County can also apply for Christmas help. Some of the options are below. These agencies may also offer meals or support at Thanksgiving and other holidays.
Salvation Army of Washoe
Address is 2300 Valley Road
Reno, Nevada 89512
This is a leading social service agency. The Christmas assistance programs include Angel Tree and Toys for Tots. They also offer financial aid. Programs may give out toys, games to kids, clothing, and more.
Good Shepherds Clothes Closet
335 Record Street
Reno, NV, 89512
Only children can get help.
Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada
500 East 4th Street
Reno, Nevada, 89512
There are vouchers for clothes and gifts around the holidays. Several churches are part of the Washoe County charity. Referrals are also given to food programs and other holiday services.
Assistance League of Reno-Sparks
Reno, NV, 89510
Low cost goods may be sold at the thrift store.
Living Faith Christian Fellowship focuses on meals at both Christmas and Thanksgiving. The homebound may apply for delivery. Also, small toys may be given to kids, including single parent households.
115 S. Center St., Fernley, NV 89408
Fernley, Nevada 89408
Main phone - 775-575-5037