latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bill Help

Free Healthcare

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Washington County New York assistance programs.

Washington County Department of Social Services runs the cash assistance programs for the county. Among them include Emergency Assistance to Families (EAF), Family Assistance (FA), Safety Net (SN), Emergency Assistance to Adults (EAA), as well as Emergency Safety Net (ESN). Fort Edward based, dial (518) 746-2300.

  • In addition, the Washington County Department of Social Services is also the leading agency running the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-housing Program, and this service will assist people with paying their rent payments, rental and security deposits, and utility arrears.
  • An on site Food Pantry provides service for emergency free food needs to all Washington County residents making a request for aid.
  • HEAP, which is another government funded energy assistance program may provide qualified people with an air conditioning unit and help is offered to households with a member who has a documented medical condition that is exacerbated by heat. Even if an AC unit can’t be had, a fan may be provided if an air conditioner cannot be safely installed. Also get emergency financial assistance for paying utility and/or heating bills. Local households with total household income within the guidelines can receive assistance with heating fuel and bills.

Granville Food Pantry - This center provides groceries, food and personal care and hygiene items to Granville school district residents only. This area covered includes Granville, West Pawlet, and Wells NY.

Washington County Economic Opportunity Council is the local community action agency. It runs the the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP), which can offer grants to help people pay with utility disconnect notices. Money from the program can also address with and provide eviction/foreclosure prevention. Holiday baskets and school supplies can also be provided.

Community action agencies are, as always, a great resource to call for help and information on local as well as federal government assistance programs. For example, an on site counselor can direct an individual to NY HUD foreclosure counseling. A homeowner may be able to get free foreclosure counseling. Another place for information is to get utility bill help from your energy provider.





In addition to the services above, they run the Head Start program in the county, have information on free food pantries, can offer referrals to one time rent help or grants for paying a security deposit as part of the EFSP program indicated above. Call Washington County Economic Opportunity Council at (518) 746-2390, or click more information.

Cambridge Valley Senior Citizen Center also runs a food pantry that offers food and groceries for needy Cambridge residents age 55 and older. (518) 677-8592

Argyle United Presbyterian Church offers a food pantry to local Argyle New York residents. Call the pantry at (518) 638-8072.

Fort Edward Food Pantry will help people in that community. Call (518) 747-5939

The Bread of Life Food Pantry, which is based in Hudson Falls ((518) 747-2808) provides a week's worth of groceries at no cost to eligible individuals.

Salem First United Presbyterian Church Food Pantry ((518) 854-9511) offers only food for the needy.




By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site