latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Tehama County assistance programs.

Find financial help, and learn how to apply for assistance, in Tehama County. Some of the government benefits (free cash, medical care and more) are listed below along with charities, churches, and non-profits. The agencies may all offer free food or money for rent, grants to pay energy or electric bills, case management and other services.

Locate housing, utility and rental assistance

The Tehama County Community Action Agency, which is a division of the Department of Social Services, has been provided almost $500,000 in grants from the stimulus program, more formally known as the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA). The funds will be used to help families and individuals become self-sufficient and pay for housing assistance.

The funds will be used for the the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program, which is administered by the California Department of Housing and Community Development. they have partnered with the Colusa-Glenn-Trinity Community Action Agency. The 4 counties received a total grant of $1.6 million for the four counties through a competitive grant application process run by the the federal government.

Those families and individuals homeless or about to become homeless by providing 1-3 months of rental assistance, utility assistance and assistance to pay deposits on rental housing.

Those receiving funding assistance will be required to participate in a financial literacy program intended to improve their knowledge and understanding of how to get, keep, and maintain bank accounts and other ancillary services related to creating a positive credit report.

In addition, this agency can help you apply for LIHEAP, weatherization, free food, and a multitude of other assistance programs for paying bills.

Contact the Tehama County Community Action Agency at 310 South Main Street in Red Bluff, CA 96080 to learn more or to apply. Call (530) 527-6159. Or read more TCAP programs.





The Red Bluff California Salvation Army, which is located at 940 Walnut Street, Red Bluff (phone (530) 527-8530) is another leading non-profit to call. While funding is often more limited here, from time to time a limited amount of support or financial assistance be be provided to pay rent, utility bills, or health care expenses, like medications. Maybe the leading reason to call the Salvation Army is for information and referrals. They can direct individuals to local charities, California community clinics, and a host of other programs and non-profits.

The leading local government agency to call is the Tehama County Social Services Department. Phone number (530) 824-9182. They administer both California and federal government assistance programs, and also partner with local charities and non-profits. They can also refer people to Medi-cal, dental and health clinics, food banks and pantries, and also find how to get access to California energy bill assistance programs and resources.

Tehama County Gleaners-Foodbank  (530) 529-2264 as well as Northern Valley Catholic (530) 824-7670 both can provide free food and non-monetary assistance.

Non-profit food pantries are also located in the county. The services will vary, but can include the following.

  • Emergency boxes of groceries can be provided.
  • Case managers will direct clients to public resources such as CalFresh food stamps or vouchers for buying baby formula or diapers.

Many other Tehama pantries also offer basic needs such as clothing or hygiene items. During the holiday season there can also be free Thanksgiving or Christmas meals served too. Find a listing of Tehama County food pantries.




Rent help in Tehama County - Anyone facing an eviction, or that needs help in paying for a security deposit, can contact one of these organizations for rental assistance or referrals. There is no guarantee that funding is available, but staff from the organization will try to help with housing needs. Click here Tehama rent assistance.

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site