St. Vincent de Paul assistance programs in Tampa Ba and Hillsborough County.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul can help low income and struggling families across Hillsborough County meet their basic needs. Many people may face some short term hardships, such as a job loss, reduction of income, or an unexpected medical bill. When faced with this, families sometimes struggle with paying for basic necessities and bills like clothing, rent, food, shelter, medicine, transportation, and utilities. This is when your church and St. Vincent de Paul may act as a resource.
Assistance programs, advice, and referrals are offered to people regardless of their religion, race, culture, or background. Services are offered confidentially, and as person-to-person care. Hillsborough County Florida families can receive assistance and it will be offered in a respectful and loving way. The programs can make a world of difference when someone is faced with a short term emergency or hardship.
Assistance can sometimes be offered to help the family deal with the crisis and the initial emergency. Any financial support is limited, and will be very short term in nature. Funds may be used for basic needs such as food, housing expenses, or energy bills. The programs are not hand outs or charity type services, but are meant to address the crisis while directing families to resources that can bring long term change. Donations to local Tampa Bay St. Vincent de Paul locations are also always appreciated.
Tampa Bay Florida area Church Conferences
The St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) Parish Conferences administrate most of the financial assistance. The programs provide emergency financial assistance for paying rent, utility and cooling bills, food, prescription medicine, clothing and other basic necessities to those in need. Many resources are focused on preventing homelessness or addressing medical needs, so that would include money for rent or medications.
Thrift Stores also operate in Hillsborough County, often in partnership with churches and other agencies like the Salvation Army. The thrift stores will offer people of all income levels and backgrounds high quality donated clothing, furniture, appliances, and other household items. All items are sold to the public and low prices. If there are any proceeds or profits, those will benefit the needy and low income in the community.
Food is provided by the St. Vincent de Paul Society to those in need. Most of this aid is distributed by volunteer staff. Emergency food, groceries, and meals are offered to those in need through food pantries and churches that are located throughout Hillsborough County Florida. Special programs also operate around the key holidays of Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. During those times of the year hot meals are offered to seniors, the low income, and needy in the community. There are many other free food pantries in Tampa Bay as well.
Most requests for assistance, whether food or funds for bills, are received directly or by referrals from churches, friends, parishioners, and local Social Service Agencies and government organizations. When requesting help from St. Vincent, the names of the requester and their personal circumstances are kept in strictest confidence.
The locations to call in Hillsborough County Florida for help are listed below.
- St. Vincent de Paul Center is involved in serving zip code areas: 33617 & 33637 only. The address is 9807 N. 56 Street, Temple Terrace, FL 33617, call 813-899-4603.
- St Lawrence - Note, this particular church only provides free food or groceries as part of the Matthew 25 Outreach. The days of distribution are the second and fourth Sundays of every month, between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 5521 N Himes Ave 33607, West Tampa, Tampa Bay, Florida (813) 879-5090.
- St Mark, 1924 Cross Creek Blvd 33647, New Tampa
- St Mary, 15520 N Boulevard 33613, North Tampa Florida
- St Patrick, 4518 S Manhattan 33609, South Tampa, FL
- St Paul, 12708 N Dale Mabry 33618 North West Tampa, Tampa Bay, call (813) 961-3023
- St Peter Claver, 1203 N Nebraska 33602 Downtown East, Tampa Bay Florida, telephone (813) 223-7098
- St Anne, 106 11th Ave N E 33570, Ruskin, Florida 33570 phone (813) 645-1714
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, 16650 US Hwy 301 S 33598 Wimauma