Free Christmas assistance and holiday programs South Carolina.
Families that are struggling to provide Christmas gifts or toys for their child may be able to get help from a number of South Carolina based churches or charities. Find where to get free Christmas gifts for children or food baskets, including for seniors, single moms and the working poor. Organizations operate across the state and focus their services on children as well as the elderly that meet low income guidelines.
Some of the leading agencies to contact for assistance are below. Note they will only provide holiday assistance to people in the immediate region, and these are not statewide organizations. There will be an application process that normally starts in the early fall months. Kids of all ages may be given free Christmas toys, clothes, books, and more. The South Carolina groups also rely on volunteers and donations from the community.
What may be provided include gifts, clothing, games, free presents, and hot meals for the entire family. There are also Toys for Tots and Adopt a Family programs. Many of the churches will also help the less fortunate at other times of the year, such as Easter or Thanksgiving. Members of a parish may even deliver a hot meal to a senior citizen or homebound, disabled person. So a local church can also be another source of information.
There are many local and statewide resources listed below, and there are also holiday programs focused on the following regions.
Augusta Chronicle Empty Stocking Fund
Address is 725 Broad Street Augusta, GA 30901. Call (706) 828-2993
This agency services the part of the state around Augusta. There may be vouchers provided that parents can use to buy gifts at a local store. Other referrals may be available as quantities will be limited.
Loaves & Fishes
Main address is 25 Woods Lake Rd., STE. 810, Green Gate Office Park, Greenville, South Carolina 29607. Main phone - (864) 232-3595
Perishable food, meals, and more may be served at Christmas or Thanksgiving. There can be meals for seniors, the homeless, and people facing poverty, among other clients.
Clemson Community Care
Address is 105 Anderson Hwy, Clemson, South Carolina 29631. Call (864) 653-4460
The location only supports current clients. They operate a Secret Santa program for low income families. However, there are also other seasonal resources, including free back to school supplies and financial aid.
112 Reece Lane, Pickens, South Carolina 29671. Main phone number is (864) 898-4422
Needy children and their parents can get toys and gifts from the non-profit organization. This agency will only cover the counties of Pickens and Oconee in South Carolina. In order to apply, proof of income, residence, and more is needed.
Debi's Kids Angel Tree is run by the Salvation Army
2135 Ashley River Rd., North Charleston, South Carolina 29405. Dial (843) 763-9881 or (843) 402-5600
This is a program that relies on donations from the community. People or businesses can bring toys, clothes, games, and even non-perishable food. The items will be packaged by volunteers and provided to children from low income families in the area. This is run in close partnership with the Salvation Army.
Praise Tabernacle Church
Location is 1120 Terry Dr, Aiken, SC 29801. Call the center (803) 443-9266
They mostly offer Thanksgiving meals, but can have referrals to other holiday services.
There are numerous Salvation Army holiday centers across South Carolina. Most of them have some form of holiday program. They may include Adopt a Family, Angel Tree, Red Kettle and others. Often the food pantries will give out more seasonal food at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and free meals may be served too. Kids from low-income as well as single family homes in SC often get free Christmas toys, books, clothes and other stuff as well. The primary locations include the following.
- 322 Gayle Ave., Aiken, South Carolina 29801. Call (803) 641-4141
- Main address is 106 906, Anderson, SC 29624, dial (864) 225-7381
- The Beaufort center, which provides holiday programs in Colleton, Hampton and Jasper. The location is at 2505 North St., Beaufort, SC 29902, call (843) 524-3727
- 3024 Farrow Rd, Columbia, SC 29203, main phone number is (803) 765-0260. This center offers Christmas assistance in Richland County.
- Horry County Salvation Army - 1413 2nd Ave, Conway, SC 29526, main phone (843) 488-2769
- Another site is at 417 Rutherford St. Greenville, SC 29609. Call (864) 235-4803.
- 222 Pressley St. Greenwood, South Carolina 29646, main phone (864) 229-3407
- The Oconee County Salvation Army center is at 109 Debra St., Seneca, SC 29678, main phone (864) 882-1160
- Pickens County office, 102 Stewart Dr, Easley, SC 29640, main phone number is (864) 855-6408
- 813 Nottingham St, Orangeburg, South Carolina 29115. Telephone - (803) 534-6805
- Another site is at 16 Kendrick St, Sumter, SC 29150, call (803) 775-9336. The locations is for Sumter, Clarendon and Lee Counties.
Dozens of other Salvation Army centers are located across the state of South Carolina. They offer Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, free Christmas toys from Angel Tree, help for kids or senior citizens, and much more. Find other holiday help from South Carolina Salvation Army.
South Aiken Presbyterian Church
Main phone number is 1711 Whiskey RD, Aiken, South Carolina 29803. For information, call (803) 648-9574
They operate several holiday gift and Christmas meal resources. Children may get free toys, clothing, and more. Some low-income families may be given a free Christmas tree too.
Black Girl Foundation
Low income families in Columbia, Cayce, and Lexington County can register for free Christmas toys, stocking stuffers, decorations, food baskets and more. The assistance is based on donations and goes to kids of color. Applicants need to be on social services public aid such as food stamps, Medicaid, cash aid or other benefits.
Toys For Tots operates in most SC counties and towns. There will be strict application process. For those that qualify, the children may get some type of present to open under their Christmas tree. There are examples of children getting bicycles, games, books, and even brand new toys. Or get Legos, video consoles or games, new clothes, toy trucks or dolls and more. Toys for Tots helps the working poor, unemployed, single moms and dads and others in SC.
The gifts are for children under the age of 16 that come from disadvantaged families. It relies on people from the community to donate goods and toys to keep it operating.
- Midlands location is at 5405 Leesburg Rd, Eastover, South Carolina 29044, call (803) 500-5001 or (803) 465-1539
- Trident area program is based at 2135 Ashley River Rd., Charleston, SC 29407, main phone (843) 763-9881
- There are many other local and regional Toys for Tots programs in the state. To locate them, or register, apply for toys, apply here. https://toysfortots.org/request_toys/toys-city-county.aspx?txtState=SOUTH%20CAROLINA.
Union County SC Angel Tree, in partnership with Salvation Army
Address is 215 South Mountain Street, Union, SC 29379. Call (864) 427-0656
This holiday program will provide free gift certificates or vouchers. The family can use them to buy Christmas gifts, meals for the holiday, or similar items. Get holiday food boxes, free meals for the elderly or homebound, Christmas presents and other items.
Pick 42 Foundation
Location is 2709 Ceramic Court, Mullins, SC 29574. Call (843) 620-4000
This is an annual Christmas and holiday program.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com