Rhode Island 8 Housing.
Find where and how to apply for the low income Rhode Island Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program near you below. Low income families (and those in poverty) as well as single adults throughout the state can receive financial assistance for their housing needs. Vouchers are issued to approved applicants from a Housing Authority in Rhode Island noted below, and that vouchers can be used to help pay rent or even a mortgage.
Each and every city, town and county has their own application process, waiting list as well as requirement. In addition, there will be an select inventory or homes, apartments, or houses available to lease; as landlords need to agree to participate. Some Rhode Island housing authorities allow section 8 applications to be done online or some require an in person visit. There are also income, asset, and other financial criteria that need to be met by the applicant in order to be approved for a section 8 voucher.
Note any participant will need to pay 30% of their income for the housing costs (rent, mortgages, utilities) for the section 8 home. While thousands of Rhode Island families get help from this resource, there is a waiting list in place. However the emergency section 8 housing choice voucher program in Rhode Island may also be an option for those who can’t go on the waiting list, including the elderly, seniors, or disabled.
The federal government Section 8 housing program helps thousands of Rhode Island families with housing. It does this using a combination of financial aid, case management or Family Self-Sufficjency (FSS) and rent assistance. Learn more on the state of Rhode Island HUD housing choice voucher program below.
Bristol Housing Authority
1014 Hope Street
Bristol Rhode Island 02809
This agency is the leading Public Housing Authority for all of Bristol County. A number of landlords work with the government agency on section 8. There will be safe, affordable houses, duplexes, apartments and other units for families (or individuals) that have section 8 housing vouchers.
Burrillville Housing Authority
Fax: (401)568-4735 7
7 Ashton Court
Harrisville RI 02830
Jamestown Housing Authority
45 Pemberton Avenue
Jamestown RI 02835
They cover part of Newport County. Many of the section 8 housing tenants are service workers at restaurants and other tourist places. The housing authority will try to help them find an affordable, stable home (house or apartment), and section 8 will help them pay for it.
Lincoln Housing Authority
10 Franklin Street
Lincoln RI 02865
RI026 Narragansett Housing Authority
25 5th Avenue
Narragansett RI 02882
Newport City and County Housing Authority
120b Hillside Ave.
Newport RI 02840
This non-profit covers the majority of the county. They administer HUD section 8 vouchers on behalf of the state and federal government. Call the non-profit for information on applying, requirements, and also emergency section 8.
Gateway Healthcare, Inc.
249 Roosevelt Avenue Suite 205
Pawtucket RI 02860
Pawtucket Housing Authority
214 Roosevelt Avenue
Pawtucket RI 02860
South Kingstown Housing Authority
364 Curtis Corner Road
Peace Dale RI 02879
The non-profit partners with charities, churches, and the government on housing matters. Get information on ESG grants, homeless prevention and of course section 8 HCV applications. Or get referrals and call them to find more help in Washington County Rhode Island. Or find other ways how to get rent help in Washington County.
Portsmouth Housing Authority
2368 East Main Road
Portsmouth RI 02871
Providence County Housing Authority
100 Broad Street
Providence RI 02903
Note there are many specific town and city HAs noted below for the county too. There are many resources offered for the low income, underemployed, elderly, gig economy workers and others. Section 8 housing is a main one to help people pay their rent or utilities on government approved subsidized housing. There are multiple properties for lease, up to 5 bedrooms.
In addition to these government funded Section 8 housing programs, find additional ways to get help paying bills, rent, and housing expenses in Providence County Rhode Island.
- Central Falls Housing Authority is at 30 Washington Street, Central Falls RI 02863, Phone: (401)727-9090
- Cranston Housing Authority provides section 8 for the city borders only. Address is 50 Birch Street
Cranston RI 02920. Phone: (401)944-7210, Fax: (401)946-8960
- Cumberland Housing Authority, 573 Mendon Road, Cumberland Rhode Island 02864. More on low income housing choice vouchers, case management, homeless shelters and other government aid. Phone: (401)334-2678, Fax: (401)334-2386
- Anyone in the easter part of the city (or county) that needs low income housing or applications to section 8 can try the East Providence Housing Authority. Address is 99 Goldsmith Avenue, East Providence Rhode Island 02914. Phone: (401)434-7645
- Johnston Housing Authority is at 96708 Forand Circle, Johnston RI 02919. Phone: (401)231-2007
- North Providence Housing Authority is based at 945 Charles Street, North Providence RI 02904. Call the HUD agency and section 8 hotline at Phone: (401)728-0930, Fax: (401)728-2126
Smithfield Housing Authority
7 Church Street
Smithfield RI 02828
The housing authority covers the several villages and towns in Smithfield. Residents who are living in or near poverty, or even the unemployed, can contact the PHA for housing including, including (but not limited too) section 8.
Tiverton Housing Authority
99 Hancock Street
Tiverton RI 02878
Warren Housing Authority
20 Libby Lane
Warren RI 02885
The Kent Center
2756 Post Road, Suite 104 Warwick RI 02886
Warwick Housing Authority and Kent County
1035 West Shore Road
Warwick RI 02889
Section 8 HCV is one low income financial assistance program. It is often combined with self sufficiency, ESL classes, credit repair and more. Minorities, seniors, the disabled and even single moms (among others) often use section 8 housing. Locate additional programs and apply for housing help from Kent Count community action in Rhode Island.
- Coventry Housing Authority Apply for help with rent, and Section 8 housing vouchers, at this non-profit agency. Address is 14 Manchester Circle, Coventry RI 02816, Phone: (401)828-4367, Fax: (401)823-5211
- East Greenwich Housing Authority address is 146 1st Avenue, East Greenwich RI 02818, Phone: (401)885-2610, Fax: (401)885-4166
- Another option is West Warwick Housing Authority. The PHA is at 62 Roberts Street, West Warwick RI 02893, Phone: (401)822-9430, Fax: (401)822-9438
RI008 Westerly Housing Authority
9 Dixon Street
Westerly RI 0289
Woonsocket Housing Authority
679 Social Street
Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895
While part of Providence County, they are an independent HUD section 8 agency. Assistance programs include, but are not limited too, low income apartments; emergency section 8 and subsidized housing for seniors; Section 202; and loans or home buying programs. They also operate public housing for the poor.