Assistance programs Sebastian County and Fort Smith.
Find emergency financial assistance for electric bills, rent and mortgage payments in Sebastian County. Get free food from pantries, grant money from government assistance programs, and help from charities or churches in Fort Smith and the County. Locate financial help near you in Sebastian County AR.
Apply for assistance at a charity, church, or government office. Organizations also help the elderly and disabled in the county as well as single mothers. The immediate financial aid is often combined with job training, free stuff as well as debt counseling, and other support even including free disabled transportation services.
Financial assistance for bills and emergency needs in Sebastian County
The Greenwood, Sebastian County and Fort Smith Arkansas Salvation Army helps low income and the so called “working poor”. The phone number is 479-783-6145. The local Salvation Army provides help by pro actively reaching out to those low-income families, homeless and people with no money. There may be free food, occasional financial assistance for rent or utility bills clothing, a homeless shelter and other various life supporting needs for individuals and families in the area.
- The Salvation Army also has free seasonal items. These range from back to school supplies for kids or students to Christmas toys from Angel Tree, free window air conditioners, low cost summer camps and more. Read more on Salvation Army programs in Arkansas.
The Fort Worth Arkansas location offers other services too. There are vouchers for seasonal needs, including free Christmas toys from Angel Tree or Thanksgiving holiday meals. The Salvation Army is also involved in both youth development and spiritual counseling, and can even help parents by coordinating after school care or giving out free backpacks for school supplies. More on the Salvation Army in Fort Smith.
White River Area Agency On Aging, Rosebud Senior Center is located at 5916 Highway 36 West, Rose Bud, AR 72137. Rarely may have money to help older adults and seniors pay their energy bills. They also also serve on site meals, help with transportation or Medicare applications, and offer other support including transportation for the disabled. Dial (501) 556-4967, or more on handicapped and disabled transportation services.
Free Christmas and Thanksgiving programs - Assistance is available for the less fortunate. Kids, teenagers, and single moms can get free Christmas toys, gift cards, or meals. There are also turkey dinners served to the working poor or homeless, meals delivered to the homebound in the Fort Smith, and other resources. Continue with free holiday and Christmas help in Forth Smith region.
Shelter, rent, and housing focused agencies will help tenants as well as the homeless. The organizations operate across all 6 nearby counties. Everything from grants to cash loans can help pay bills or rent for single mothers, the elderly, disabled, or low income families. Continue with Fort Smith Arkansas rental assistance.
Arkansas Human Development Corporation may be able to provide grant based financial assistance for basic needs such as rent and utilities. Free gasoline or car repairs may even be offered too, along with other aid. All assistance programs are provided for migrant and seasonal workers only. The address is 616 Garrison Ave, Fort Smith, AR 72901. Phone: (479) 783-1854.
Sebastian County community action helps the poor, low-income, unemployed and others. C-SCDC provides many other services to the working poor and low income. They are involved in administering federal government resources, such as Rapid Re-Housing, Emergency Solutions Grant, and LIHEAP, among others. These can provide funds to pay for heating bills, rent, or a security deposit on a new home or affordable apartment.
- Grant money for paying mortgage and preventing foreclosure is available to struggling homeowners. This will help keep low-income people in their home. Residents who are behind on their mortgage or facing a foreclosure, the Crawford-Sebastian Community Development Council, Inc. provides grants and Foreclosure Mitigation assistance for homeowners.. The financial help can also help people who are facing a foreclosure. The funding is limited, and requests will be reviewed by the agency are reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. The cash grants will be paid directly to the bank, mortgage companies, lender or servicers, and the maximum amount paid will be $2,000. Click here to find additional government mortgage programs.
- A program known as the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP) provides housing grants, deposit help and rental assistance. They also help pay for storage or mobile home lot rent. Some of the services provided by community action include short-term or medium-term hardship funds for offering rental assistance, housing relocation, legal advice, and self-sufficiency. There are also homeowners and tenant stabilization services such as credit counseling, utility bill payment assistance, and case management. .
- Another service offered by the Crawford County Community Action Agency is a free dental assistance program. There are free cleanings for kids or seniors, the homeless and people with no money. The Community Dental Clinic in Fort Smith serves the needs of those low to middle income residents who can’t afford to pay for preventative cleanings, dentures or dental care.
Crawford-Sebastian Community Development also offers case management and information on job placement. They work with free food pantries in Sebastian County to feed the hungry from Emergency Food and Shelter. There is also free furniture, car repair assistance for working parents, and budgeting support. Much more is available. Read more on Crawford-Sebastian Community Development Council.
Sebastian County Department of Human Services administers several programs aimed at providing financial assistance to eligible low-income individuals, the unemployed, seniors and families. These programs may include cash aid from Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). There is also EBT cards from Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), free or low-cost day care, Medicaid and more. The location is 616 Garrison Ave, Fort Smith, AR 72901. Main phone: (479) 782-4555, or continue with free child care vouchers AR.
Sebastian County free dental and medical clinics
Or residents can contact the local The Community Dental Clinic. Volunteer dentists and other professionals provides high quality, basic dental care. They help people on Medicaid or that have no insurance in the Fort Smith AR community. Get emergency dental care, extractions, root canals and more for low-income families residing in Sebastian County Arkansas. The address is 3428 Armour St, Fort Smith, AR 72904, or dial 479-782-6021. Or find additional free dentists for people in Medicaid in AR.
Good Samaritan Clinic offers healthcare services to the community, including some on a sliding fee scale. There will be free eye exams, treatment for kidney or dialysis, and similar services. Low income and uninsured can dial (479) 783-0233 for intake or even a ride, and get details on free transportation for dialysis patients.
Rivervalley Primary Care Services can help people across Sebastian County Arkansas. The center provides basic health and/or dental care including family planning, physical examinations, immunizations, and nutrition assistance. There is also free or income based diagnosis and treatment of common ailments for low income people. Many of the clients of the clinic are also uninsured/underinsured, homeless or other medically underserved populations.
Most of the medical and dental services are generally provided on an ability-to-pay basis, so the patient’s medical bills will vary based on their income. This center is part of the Federally Qualified Health Centers network, otherwise known as free clinics. The free medical center is at 4003 Massard Rd, Fort Smith, AR 72903. Phone: (479) 434-4747
Sparks Health System has several centers in the region. They may provide various inpatient and outpatient services. Phone (479) 709-7265
Free lawyers in Fort Smith AR and legal programs
Center for Arkansas Legal Services is an organization of attorneys that work for a non-profit law firm that delivers legal assistance. They help low-income people and senior citizens in civil matters. Attorneys give free legal advice about problems and provide counseling, solutions and legal representation to clients who qualify for aid. 901 South 21st Street, Fort Smith, AR 72901. Call (501) 376-3423.
Elderly people will have access to free attorneys too. The legal aid helps seniors apply for social security, address nursing home issues, and other benefits. The service is free, and look for attorneys for the elderly.
Help from free food pantries, soup kitchens and distribution centers
Fort Smith based River Valley Regional Food Bank partners with other local pantries, charities, and distribution centers. The non-profit charity organization distributes free food, groceries and household stuff to Sebastian County non-profits. There are also Meals on Wheels, pet food, formula and more. The charity is at 1617 Zero St, Fort Smith, AR 72901. Main phone: (479) 785-0582.
Grand Avenue Baptist Church offers services by appointment only. The church can provide emergency food, hot meals and clothing to Fort Smith area families. Food available for distribution includes canned goods and frozen, perishable items and more. Clothing other items are donated or acquired through local agencies and charities. Location is 3900 Grand Avenue, Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904, dial (479) 709-9035.
Other local non-profits to call for food, meals, and referrals include:
- Central Christian Church, 400 North Waldron in Fort Smith, AR. Call 479-452-1901. The free food pantry is open Tuesday & Thursday from 2pm to 4pm, but appointments are needed.
- Quinn Chapel AME Church. Main number is (479) 783-7140.
There are other free food assistance programs in Sebastian County. Charities will provide groceries, serve hot meals, or help families apply for SNAP food stamps or even programs such as free diapers or baby formula. Or click here for additional food pantries for free groceries in Sebastian County.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com