Assistance programs Conyers and Rockdale County.
Locate emergency financial help or social services in Rockdale County. Several charities, churches, and government grant programs help low-income families with their bills, ranging from rent to electric costs, medical expenses, transportation and more. Find financial help for bills in Conyers Georgia and the county below.
Free stuff is also giveaway in Conyers GA. In addition to the financial assistance, there are free items such as food, school supplies for students, gasoline cards and even Christmas toys. Children, the disabled and seniors in Rockdale County, and the region, take priority when it comes to help. Whether it is organizations that help with rent to counseling and more, programs are noted below.
Get financial assistance, food, and basic needs in Rockdale County
The Partnership for Community Action is a place to turn to if you are struggling. They have several resource as well as social services that may be able to help families. Some of the programs offered include the following.
- Family Support program. This helps people with job counseling and skills training. They also offer people looking for work additional employment support.
Including they will review your resume, provide you with interview skills, and even have relationships with the government and some private employers so they may be able to place you in a few career from those groups. Job seekers in Conyers can also get help with transportation needs, whether that is car repairs, a gas card or bus pass.
- The Rockdale community action agency also operates the federal government funded weatherization programs. A free, full review of the home is conducted to determine the energy improvements needed for each home, and what improvements will save the most money. Weatherization services, which are free, can save a homeowner hundreds of dollars per year on their energy bills.
Some of the significant improvements that can be completed include installing additional wall and attic insulation, replacing or repairing appliances, add weather-stripping and air sealing measures to the home to improve the draftiness and circulation, and other upgrades are done to help low and moderate income household’s save money on their energy bills.
- In addition, the offer a program to help people who are interested in launching a business. There are start-up programs in Rockdale County GA that help people put together a business plan, get funding, and bring their products or ideas to market.
- Financial assistance is also arranged by the Community Action Agency of Rockdale County. They can help you coordinate with local agencies for housing and rent assistance. The community action agency is also a great place to call for rent help, energy bill assistance, and referrals to Georgia and federal government assistance programs. Learn more on places that help with rent.
- Other free resources that may be available at the partnership includes information on food pantries, clothing closets and resources for seniors that live in Rockdale County.
Their local office is at 957 Bank Street in Conyers Georgia. Call 404-929-2500. Continue reading on assistance from Partnership for Community Action.
RER - Rockdale Emergency Relief Fund provides financial assistance, food, and free medications. There is also referrals to hardship grants, loans and more. The goal is to help struggling families in a crisis. Using donations from the community, the organizations does its best to help, but there are n guarantees.
Grants may be issued to pay for these expenses, such as rent to stop an eviction. Or they offer referrals to LIHEAP for paying utility bills or free food pantries. There are also school supply programs for children, holiday meals and gifts, vouchers for local transportation, and information on housing and security deposit assistance. More on Rockdale Emergency Relief Fund.
Free food pantries as well as soup kitchens are operated by churches and charities in Rockdale County. There are also soup kitchens and free grocery giveaways. There are locations in Conyers, such as Kingdom Builders Covenant Church, and other such as Fish and Loaves that feed the hungry and less fortunate. They may offer the following.
- Boxes of canned groceries.
- Christmas and holiday meals or gifts.
- Some have clothing closets or thrift stores for household goods and more.
- Many other services are available. Read Rockdale County food banks.
Free legal advice
Rockdale and Conyers Georgia residents can receive free legal aid. All sorts of questions can be answered by free lawyers and other professionals. Best of all, even those people without questions may want drop in for support, even if only to make sure they are accessing all the rights available to them under the Georgia state law.
The free legal help program, which applies only to civil legal matters and not criminal acts, is a service of Georgia Legal Services Program. The Atlanta-based nonprofit law firm was founded to provide legal assistance to low-income individuals and other qualified people throughout the state.
Currently, the greatest demand is for foreclosure and eviction prevention assistance. Low income families also request consultations for applying for benefits, such as unemployment compensation or information on free medical service. Click here to read more on the Georgia free legal programs.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com