latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Riverside County Salvation Army assistance programs.

Salvation Army community centers operate across the greater Riverside County California region. A number of emergency assistance programs, referrals, case management, and social services are offered to the low income, families, immigrants and seniors. Find everything from emergency financial help for bills or rent to free food, school supplies, Christmas gifts, or homeless shelters.

Free items, financial help, food, meal services from Salvation Army

Food distribution is available for all across the county, including for individuals residing in Glen Avon, Riverside, Jurupa, Mira Loma, Pedley, and Rubidoux. The centers are only open a couple days per week. Find the local Salvation Army pantry locations at the bottom of this page, or dial (951) 784-3571 to find out what you need to bring with you when applying, and you will need to register.

Some Riverside Salvation Army centers may also offer government food commodities. Other places to turn to for free food or meals include La Sierra Seventh Day Adventist (951-785-2275), Arlington Methodist Church (951-689-5075), or Sacred Heart Church (951-685-5058).

Donations are appreciated, and the thrift stores and food pantries are always in need of diapers and supplies such as toiletries, soap, toothpaste, tooth brushes, and shampoo. Other items such as clothing can be obtained from Arlington Temporary Assistance. Call 689-5620. In order to look into the available of household items or furniture, call 1-800-464-1123.

Utility bill assistance is offered in partnership with Southern Cal Gas and Southern California Edison. Both utility providers partner with the Salvation Army to help address energy and utility needs. Call (951) 784-3571 Ext. 109. The organization can also refer people to the City of Riverside HEAP program, which is a federal government funded program that helps low-income households, seniors, and the working poor pay their energy and heating bills. Eligibility is based on the household's total income and number of family members. At most one cash payment is offered to clients per year. Call the city at (951) 955-6448. Or find other utility bill assistance programs in California.




Another option that the Salvation Army is familiar with is SHARE, which is a Riverside Public Utilities (RPU) emergency assistance program that assists qualified, low-income individuals. Get help with paying deposits and utility bills. When funding is available, it can pay out up to $150, and the money goes directly to the customer’s account. (951) 955-6478. Or call (800) 511-1110 for weatherization.

Rent assistance may be offered, but the Salvation Army is often looking for funding for this resource. Many families get in trouble with their rent and housing. The demand is high and the Riverside County Salvation Army struggles (like most charities) to meet demand.

When available, this program helps those individuals and tenants that are temporarily unable to pay their rent and who are no more than one month behind. Typically any financial  aid paid out is focused on those with the inability to pay their rent because of extenuating circumstances that are out of their control, such as a job loss or medical emergency.

The Salvation Army can refer people to the Riverside Department of Social Services and the Homeless Programs Unit. This agency coordinates services for homeless individuals, families, and single parents in Riverside County. There is also help for immigrants, both documented or not. It is the goal of the city and the county to develop, and to provide guidance for, a successful Continuum of Care, which is the community's plan to organize and deliver housing and services that meet the specific needs of the homeless. This also includes other resources such as federal government homeless prevention programs.





Get help in obtaining and moving towards stable housing and maximum self-sufficiency. The following services are available, including intake, outreach, and assessment to identify housing and other social service needs. Emergency shelter as well as transitional housing with supportive services to help people develop the skills necessary to live in permanent housing. And work with a social worker to find permanent housing. Call (951) 358-5637.

Homeless services and shelter – Call the Homeless Outreach Team at 951-826-2200. They also work with the Continuum of Care program, and help organize and deliver housing and services that meet the specific needs of homeless. Western Riverside County residents can get shelter from the Path of Life Ministries, which can be reached at (951) 683-4101. Eastern Riverside County is supported by Martha's Village and Kitchen (760) 347-4741.

Riverside Salvation Army social services

Preschool helps dozens of low-income children who range in ages 3-5. This program is offered in partnership with the Riverside County Salvation Army so that their parents can find employment, gain new skills or continue to work. Parents will be provided 60 days to gain employment and will need to pay for the care on a sliding scale according to income. Many local parents and families will qualify for no-cost to low-cost tuition. This can also be combined with state of California free daycare assistance programs.

It is well known that in the long run, it is significantly less costly to keep these kids in child care than it is for their parents to have to return to public or government cash assistance. In addition, without the affordable preschool services many children would not acquire the skills and basic education foundation needed for primary school. (951) 784-4495.

Low income Salvation Army back to supply programs help students as well. There are many free supplies passed out, ranging from notebooks to pencils, pens, book bags, shoes, chromebooks, tablets and more. The Salvation Army will also give out uniforms and hygiene supplies to students. All can apply, including immigrants and Spanish speakers.

Monthly food, holiday meals and groceries are also offer to low-income families, seniors, & individuals once a month, and the program is for people who reside in Riverside, Glen Avon, Jurupa, Mira Loma, Pedley, Rubidoux and Corona California. Dial (951) 784-3571 for details. Christmas and holiday gifts and meals may be offered from the Angel Tree or adopt-a-family program.





Salvation Army centers in your area of Riverside County

There are multiple Salvation Army centers in Riverside County. They offer free stuff, food, clothes, vouchers, Family Store among other resources. Some have financial help for bills, housing, or transportation.

  • 3695 1st Street, Riverside, California. Call 951-784-4490 for details on emergency assistance, hot meals, Christmas toys or other aid.
  • Another site is at 10020 Magnolia Ave., Riverside, California. Call (951) 785-1490
  • 14068 Graham Avenue, Moreno Valley. Call 951-653-9131
  • 40270 Los Alamos Rd, Murrieta, CA 92562. Phone (951) 677-1324
  • 340 S Palm Ave, Hemet, CA 92543. For information on food, social services, or financial aid call (951) 791-9495
  • 24201 Orange Avenue, Perris, California, phone (951) 943-8235


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site