Marion County Florida rental assistance.

Low income families can get rental assistance in Ocala and Marion County Florida. Individuals who are faced with an eviction, who need help paying for a security deposit, or who are in need of housing counseling can call one of the organizations or programs referenced below for rent as well as housing help. There may be housing assistance from churches, charities, or the government in Marion County Florida, and all grants or loans can help pay the bills, moving costs, or rent.

Some of the agencies can provide funding to help pay rent in an emergency (such as an eviction), and others can refer people to government homeless prevention programs or housing vouchers, such as section 8. There are also a combination of grants as well as loans used to assistance tenants. Many of the funds available for paying rent or deposits have waiting lists, and Marion County families need to be found to be eligible for help.

It is always recommended to call for help prior to receiving an eviction notice, or before you move and need help with paying for a security deposit. The earlier you ask for rental or housing assistance the more options you will have from the Marion County Florida based programs.

Annie Johnson Senior Services Center - While funding is limited, Dunnellon area residents may be eligible for free emergency help with paying rent, mortgage, and other housing expenses such as utilities. You can only apply for housing payments at most once per year. 1991 W. Test Court, Dunnellon, Florida, phone 489-8021

Brothers Keeper - A housing counselor is on site for guidance and referrals. In addition, the non-profit may have limited rental assistance. 2 W. Fort King St., Ocala, Florida, call 622-3846

Ocala Office of Department Of Children And Families/Florida Office On Homelessness - This government agency administers the Emergency Financial Assistance For Housing Program in Marion County. The program can provide a one time cash grant/payment of up to $400 to families who are faced with an eviction. There is also money available for back rent or mortgage payments. The government can also help people who experienced a disaster. Address is 1601 NW 25th Ave, Ste 900, Ocala, or call 850-488-3700





Shepherd’s LightHouse only supports homeless women or children, or those that are soon to be evicted. They operate a shelter and transitional housing. The Belleview Florida charity works to place women, including single moms, into affordable apartments. Referrals may be given to rent or security deposit programs and other aid. The street is 5930 SE Robinson Rd and phone number is 352-347-6575.

Ocala Housing Authority - Rental assistance payments are offered to income-eligible residents in Marion County. Also apply for subsidized housing units. 1629 NW 4th, Ocala, phone 369-2636

The Salvation Army/The Center Of Hope - A number of financial assistance, housing and social service programs are administered. Among them include an emergency shelter for men, women and children. The non-profit can also offer emergency rental assistance to people faced with an eviction, or deposits for moving expenses.

Other basic needs can be provided for, as well as case management. Some Marion County Florida residents may be given a loan from the charity for their rental payments. They also run a transitional housing program for families with children making transition from shelter to independent living. 320 N.W. First Ave., Ocala, 732-8326





Catholic Charities Of Central Florida Family Assistance Office - Regardless of religion, case workers provide resources, grants and financial management counseling, encouraging self-sufficiency, as well as emergency rent/mortgage assistance, cooling bill and utility assistance and food pantry. Call (352) 460-0700

Rapid Rehousing and Eviction Programs are administered by agencies that are part of the Continuum of Care. Federal government grants are used for housing needs, including rent, moving costs, and security/utility deposits. Shelter as well as rental assistance is provided to end homelessness. More Marion County eviction assistance.

St. Marks SVDP provides grants for housing, mortgages, and rental needs. The charity works to end homelessness in Marion County, and combines financial help with case management. The address is 7085 Se Highway 42, Saint Mark's Parish Hall, Summerfield, Florida 34491. Dial (352) 245-4700 for intake.

St. Theresa Catholic Church Social Services is based at 11528 South Highway 301 in Belleview, FL 34420. Families living in poverty and single moms with an eviction notice can apply for rent help. There is also emergency money for mortgages and utilities, along with back rent, on a case by case basis. Dial (352) 245-1359.

Central Florida Community Action Agency and the Marion County Office is at 2703 NE 14th Street. They may have referrals and information on emergency rent assistance programs, government grants, job programs, and more. The office is in Ocala, FL 34470. Energy bill help and other support is given too. Call (352) 732-3008 for referrals to housing, rent, food and other assistance. More on housing assistance from Central Florida Community Action.

Ocala Housing Authority
Main office is at 1629 N.W. 4th Street
Ocala, Florida 34478-2468
Low to moderate income residents can access affordable housing opportunities. Learn about section 8 as well as local safe and affordable apartments and housing units. A waiting list is in place, and income subsidized homes-apartments from section 8 rent vouchers in Marion County Florida are also for seniors and the disabled.





Marion County Homeless Council - Runs the federal government homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program. This includes rent and utility assistance for tenants, mortgage foreclosure prevention, and funds for paying security deposits and motel vouchers. It can basically offer interim hotel or motel housing for tenants evicted due to landlord foreclosures. Marion County residents will be required to sustain payments on their own after any financial assistance is rendered. Location is 1740 E Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala, phone 732-1369.

Community Legal Services Of Mid-Florida, Inc. - Areas of free legal assistance for low income residents and seniors includes landlord/tenant issues and eviction prevention. 2300 S.E. 17th Street, Suite 201, Ocala (Tealbrooke Plaza), 629-6257.

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy