latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Rental assistance Gwinnett County

Find housing and rental assistance programs offered by various Gwinnett County Georgia charities, churches and government organizations. The focus is on low income families and people facing eviction. Emergency financial assistance, immediate rent help and case management is offered from programs that are administered by the agencies below. Learn how to get help with rent near you in Gwinnett County, including section 8 housing vouchers, free legal aid for tenants and more.

Each location has its own criteria that need to be met before distributing any type of emergency rent, security deposit or financial assistance to the needy. Other solutions include housing or motel vouchers, grants to pay for moving costs, and placement into low-income housing (sometimes with no wait list).

If you are faced with eviction or are interested in receiving rental help or free legal advice to stop an eviction, potential applicants need to contact the agency near them to determine if you meet eligibility requirements. Funds are limited, and unfortunately not everyone in Gwinnett County can receive rental help or funds to pay a security deposit. Priority, including for section 8, is usually given to families with children, the disabled, single moms or dads and elderly. Those requests with imminent eviction letters may also be prioritized.

Feel free to apply to more than one agency or program at a time. However you will usually be limited in how many times you can receive emergency housing assistance throughout the year.

Places for rental help in Gwinnett County and security deposit assistance

HomeFirst Gwinnett is located at 5320 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Norcross, GA 30093. This is another of the leading non-profit housing agencies. Offers transitional housing and emergency homeless shelter. May be able to direct people to emergency rent, security deposits, and landlord/tenant mediation. Call (770) 822-7501)

Department of Family and Children Services (DFACS) – This is the local Gwinnett County social services organization. They run various housing programs, including section 8 and housing for the disabled. They are also a great place for referrals. TANF cash aid can help renters who are in poverty, and there is also ESG funds for rent, housing placement and other support. Main location is 95 Constitution Blvd, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, phone number 678 518-5500

Partnership for Community Action – The local community action agency. Assistance includes clothing or free household supplies for an apartment, rent, and utilities. Financial aid is very limited, and is mostly from referrals. They may have information on zero interest loan programs for paying rental costs or details on other public benefits. Call 404-929-2500 to apply for help. The address is 3597 Covington Hwy, Decatur, GA 30032.




St. Vincent De Paul – Partnership of local churches. Call for help with rent, electric bills, clothing, and other aid. The volunteers at this Gwinnett County charity may also be able to refer clients to both shelters or free motel vouchers as well as regional rental assistance resources.

The SVDP of Gwinnett County will normally require a home visit to the low-income family who is applying. After an assessment, grant money for back rent or other housing costs may be offered. The main phone number is 770 339-7997 or dial 678) 892-6163.

Gwinnett County Department of Community Development - They run the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. Grants and funds can help pay rent, mortgage payments, mobile home lot lease payments and more. The program also offers eviction prevention services as well as budgeting, employment, and long term stability for tenants. The location is 575 Old Norcross Rd A, Lawrenceville, GA 30046. Call (770) 822-5190

Georgia Legal Services Program provides low-income tenants, the homeless, and elderly access to free attorneys. The pro-bono / volunteer service can provide free legal aid for housing and other issues to qualified renters. Attorneys can also help with eviction prevention, landlord concerns, applications to HUD housing and housing discrimination. Call (404) 206-5175.

Section 8 housing choice vouchers are offered from a few locations. This is an income based, rent assistance program using government HUD funds. Low income and families in poverty need to pay 30% of their income towards their bills, including rent. There are also emergency section 8 vouchers in Gwinnett County. There are also public housing programs, home buying resources and more.

  • Apply at the Lawrenceville Housing Authority (address is 502 Glenn Edge Dr, Lawrenceville, GA 30046, call (770) 963-4900).
  • Housing Authority of the City of Norcross (address is 19 Garner St NW, Norcross, Georgia 30071, call (770) 448-3668).
  • The Gwinnett County Community Development Program (dial (678) 518-6008). The address is 446 W Crogan St, Lawrenceville, GA 30046.





H.O.P.E., Inc. assists single parents in Gwinnett County. Subsidized housing/apartments, information on grants for paying security deposits or rent, and other social services are offered. The Duluth non-profit can be reached at (678) 623-3628.

North-Gwinett Cooperative offers emergency financial aid, with the possibly of rent. The charity is at 4395 Commerce Dr., Buford, GA 30518. there may also be electric bill help, free furniture for a home, clothes, and other resources. Homelessness prevention and rehousing of the low income, poor, and elderly among others is a focus. A combination on forgivable loans or grant money can be used for back rental payments. Call (770) 271-9793

North Fulton Community Centers is a non-profit that assists part of Gwinnett County. The charity combines funds (rent, utilities, water) with case management. Funds are limited. There may be a few dollars for housing, back rent, moving costs and other needs. Or sign up for money management type classes. Address is 11270 Elkins Rd, Roswell, GA 30076. Call (770) 640-0399.

Duluth Cooperative Ministries - Hands of Christ may have emergency financial aid, information on shelters, and more, including loan programs for paying bills or rent. Call the church - faith based group at (770) 623-9563. More information on rent assistance from Duluth Cooperative Ministries.

St. Oliver Plunkett offers social services, financial help with rent or security deposits, utilities, and homeless prevention services. They can also help the working poor, low income or seniors apply for government aid, such as HUD section 8 vouchers. The main office is at 3200 Brooks Dr SW, Snellville, GA 30078. Call (770) 979-2500

Salvation Army – The local branch of the national charity organization. Stop by for emergency financial assistance, a homeless shelter to give a place to stay for a night, grants for rent and homeless prevention, furniture (as available) and other support. Help is provided regardless of religion or background. The main site is at 3455 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30044, call (770) 724-1660. Or more on Salvation Army rental payment help in Gwinnett County.

Gwinnett County is also served by co-op ministries. These locations administer a range of emergency assistance programs. Get help with rent and deposits, thrift stores for food and clothing, and advice for dealing with housing concerns. The locations of the co-ops are below.

  • Duluth - 3317 Duluth Hwy, Duluth, GA, call 770 623-9563
  • Bread of Life / New Life Fellowship of Lawrenceville – Primary phone number 770 513-1007
  • Lawrenceville – Primary location is 490 Buford Drive, Lawrenceville, GA, phone 770 339-7887
  • Lilburn - 5329 Five Forks Trkm, Lilburn, GA. Call 770 931-8333
  • Norcross – Address: 2275 Mitchell Rd., Atlanta, GA, phone 770 263-8268
  • Southeast Co-Op - 2437 Main Street East, Snellville, GA, dial 770 985-5229

AID Gwinnett, Inc. - Eligibility for this rent assistance program is HIV or AIDs patients. The main address is 3350 Breckinridge, Suite 200, Duluth, GA 30096. This can be subsidized, affordable homes, apartments, or leased units. Funds to pay for a deposit, moving costs, or some rent may be offered as well as information on medical accommodations. Call (770) 962-8396

Programs to stop evictions and rehouse the homeless are available. The federal government, as well as non-profit agencies, offer grants for housing and paying rent expenses. There may also be motel vouchers for short term lodging, food for children, and deposit help in addition to emergency assistance for the tenants back rent. More on Gwinnett County rehousing and eviction assistance.

Veteran housing programs are available. They can help prevent homelessness of veterans and/or their immediate family members. HUD VASH as well as SSVH receive funding from the federal government as well as state of Georgia, and every year HUD requires the local Gwinnett County veterans can apply for rent help and solutions to housing needs.





All veteran residents are welcome to call this location for help and to get involved with the programs run. There may also be job training, government grants for rent or utilities, mortgage help, VA benefits and more. One of the most popular programs run are for section 8 housing vouchers. Call (404) 331-5136 for details.

Single mothers only can get housing, shelter, and or emergency rent help. The main number is 678.887.1218. There may also be resources for women fleeing domestic violence, including legal aid. The Agency is Called For My Sisters.

Latin American Association Gwinnett Outreach Center
Location is 308 N Clayton St, Lawrenceville, GA 30046. Call (678) 205-1018
Immigrants in the county can inquire into housing assistance programs. All applications are in Spanish if needed. If facing homelessness due to unpaid rent, utilities or a mortgage, immediate rental assistance and financial help is offered.

Another Chance of Atlanta and Gwinnett County
176 Troy St NW A-1, Atlanta, GA 30314. Call (678) 974-5989
Currently homeless, and those who can't afford their home, can get help. Transitional housing programs, counseling, and when reading money to pay towards a portion of first or lasts months rent and/or security deposits are offered.


Related Content From



By Jon McNamara














Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site