latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Rental assistance in Denton County.

Locate rental, security deposit and housing assistance programs in the Denton Texas area. Tenants who need help, including low income families, elderly, people with no money and the disabled, have financial resources available to them in an emergency or if they are facing an eviction. Find help with paying rent near you in Denton County TX.

Several different churches, charities and government organizations provide immediate financial help, section 8 housing vouchers or free lawyers to tenants. The agencies focus on dealing with rent or housing needs that families or individuals in the Denton County area may have. Each program will have its own application conditions and criteria that need to be met in order to receive financial assistance for paying a deposit, no wait or luxury income-based housing or rental expense. Look here for more details on luxury apartments near you that take section 8.

In addition, funding may be limited, but applicants could receive a referral instead. As there are grants to help pay back rent in Denton TX or loan programs too. However anyone in need is encouraged to apply to the various rental assistance programs and housing solutions that are currently in place.

Organizations that help with rent in Denton County TX

Metrocrest Social Services, which is located at  1145 N Josey Ln, Carrollton, TX 75006 offers financial assistance for paying rent and housing expenses. Tenants in need will need to apply and must qualify for services. Dial 972-446-2100

Legal Aid of Northwest Texas – While direct financial or cash aid is not paid out, they will offer help in other ways. Access pro-bono legal advice or lawyers. The non-profit firm has services for persons and families that have an eviction notice. Free services are offered for low income families, but some clients may have to pay for court costs.

The lawyers can stop evictions or address housing discrimination, including for immigrants or single moms or seniors. The address is 2220 San Jacinto Blvd #205, Denton, TX 76205, phone 940-383-1406 or dial 800-955-1407.

The Salvation Army, Denton Corps – Multiple locations operate across the county. They run a number of financial programs for clients, including for rental arrears. They also offer resources that may not necessarily pay cash aid but can offer other forms of help, such as free motel vouchers, transitional housing and more. Low-income families, single moms or people with an eviction notice, some limited funding may be available for rent. Or they have emergency money if faced with a disconnection. The locations of the offices are.

  • 1508 E McKinney St, Denton, TX 76209. Phone: (940) 566-3800
  • 880 Fox Ave, Lewisville, TX 75067, dial, 972-353-9400




Community Services, Inc. also runs multiple locations around the county. They are listed below. Some form of housing, rent and utility assistance can be offered, and this non-profit can help resident apply for government grants for back rent, no-wait list apartments and other costs. The main number is (903) 872-2401.

  • Lewisville 206 Main St Monday- Thursday.
  • Denton 210 S. Elm STE B Monday- Thursday
  • 401 E. 4th Ave., Corsicana, Texas 75110. Call  800-931-9929, 940-483-9366 or call 903-872-2401

Frisco Family Center only supports people in the city limits. There are services such as counseling and life skills workshops for struggling tenants as well as funds, including low interest emergency loans, to pay for an overdue rental payment. Other support includes referrals to emergency homeless shelters, low income housing, local churches that have help with rent and more. Telephone - 972-335-9495.

Giving HOPE Inc.
Address is 306 N Loop 288, Denton, TX 76209. Call (940)382-0609
They operate a homeless prevention program for legal residents. Emergency financial aid can help pay mortgages, security deposits or back rent. They also offer Supportive and Transitional Housing. Staff have outreach with the homeless to direct them to food, shelters, jobs, and eventually rental deposit help.

The agency can offer transitional housing with financial skills assistance through a counseling approach. The programs can be offered for up to two years, including with paying housing, rent or deposits. The agency also provide budget assistance through credit and financial counselors. Clients of HOPE can get community referrals, financial hardship grants or money with paying rent or mortgage for up to one month. There is also housing counseling for those facing eviction or foreclosure, and other aid too.





Pilot Point Goodfellows
1189 S. Hwy 377, Pilot Point, Texas 76258. They only cover NE Denton County. Call (940)686-3014
As funding allows, there may be cash for rent, utility bills (if stops evictions or homelessness) and other housing resources. There is mobile home lot rent payment, basic home repairs, and other solutions for the low-income or elderly.

Interfaith Ministries of Denton
Address: 1109 N Elm St #1, Denton, TX 76201. Main phone: (940) 565-5479
This not-for profit is a social service coordinating agency that partners with and runs a number of programs. They also provide a referral service for low income people who need financial assistance with paying for housing and rent, human service, and other support groups. The charity is at 1109 N Elm St #1, Denton, TX 76201, call (940)382-1913. Or more on rent payment help from Interfaith Ministries.

Veterans of Foreign War
909 Sunset St., Denton, TX 7620. Main phone - (940)387-2205
They offer low income housing for veterans. There are applications to HUD-VASH, rent grants from SSSVF, case management and low-income housing solutions.

Denton Housing Authority – The government agency provides low income housing and rental assistance to low-income families, including disabled , elderly, and handicapped. Section 8 applications and other government resources are administered. They are part of the HUD network, and offer many resources to tenants and the homeless. Location is 1225 Wilson St., Denton, Texas 7620. Call 940-383-1504, or more on HUD housing programs.Rental assistance Denton County TX

Denton County Homeless Coalition (DCHC) is involved in organizing many housing and rent assistance programs in the community. One, ESG grants, can help pay tenant expenses ranging from electric bills to rent, or it can cover a motel voucher. Services also help immigrants, single mothers, and seniors among others avoid homelessness. More on eviction help in Denton County.

Catholic Charities offers housing solutions, with a focus on veterans, single moms and women facing DV as well as immigrants. The organization may help people apply for VA benefits, offer no interest loans for rental expenses. The churches provide advice to people in Denton County facing an eviction from their apartment or home.

Various forms of housing assistance are closely coordinated with other non-profit agencies, charities and all resources are targeted toward helping clients become self-sufficient. Rental assistance is one of the services run, and the homeless can receive help paying a security deposit as well. Call 817-413-3921 or 214-389-1435.

Christian Community Action Lewisville – A number of programs are available that can provide cash grants and/or financial assistance through rent payments, mortgage, housing, and other help for paying bills. Low income families can also access a housing, career training, shelter and placement. FEMA funds can also be offered as available. Location is 200 S Mill St, Lewisville, TX 75057, dial (972) 221-1224 or (972)436-4357

United Way of Denton County
Address: 1314 Teasley Ln, Denton, TX 76205. Phone: 940-241-0714 or (940) 566-5851
Referrals are given to hardship grants for renters, low-cost housing, deposit assistance and more. A number of charities and churches help low-income families.





Monsignor King Outreach Center
Emergency housing - shelter is at 909 N Loop 288, Denton, TX 76209. Main phone: (940) 514-1007
Homeless people, including adults or people with kids, will get access to a free homeless shelter. There is also Housing First from HUD, counseling, and eventual referrals to first months rent or deposit help.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara













Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page