latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Rental assistance Racine County Wisconsin.

Emergency rent assistance is available in Racine County Wisconsin in order to prevent homelessness. Hardship funds, grants, and financial help for back rent, section 8 8 housing or a security deposit is offered as a last resort to qualified low-income families and individuals. Funding is limited and only a small number of qualified applicants are able to receive help. Find where to get help with rent payments near you in Racine WI

Charities, non-profits, and other organizations are committed to helping the poor, single moms or seniors, and less fortunate in the region. There are also agencies that give free motel vouchers in Racine, lawyers for tenants, and government grants to pay rent. The leading agencies and non-profits to call for information and referrals are listed below. Both services for people facing eviction as well as the current homeless are available in Racine County Wisconsin.

Where to get help with rent in Racine WI community

HALO, Inc., which can be reached at (262) 633-3235, runs a homeless shelter and can provide information, guidance, and support to families who need housing or immediate rent help The address is 2000 De Koven Avenue Racine, Wisconsin 53403. Case workers provide information on grants to low-income tenants, security deposit help to the homeless and Racine County and other support.

County of Racine Housing Authority can be reached at 262-636-3405. They administer section 8 housing vouchers for very low income families, including seniors. A rent subsidized center is available for residents with a disability. Other referrals to homeless or eviction prevention services may be offered too. the HA is located at 837 Main St, Racine, WI 53403.

Racine County Human Services Department – This is the leading government organization and runs many social services, provides referrals, and may have information on free government grant programs that help pay rent, mortgages, or housing costs. Some services they may be able to help people apply for include section 8 housing vouchers, TANF, and public housing. Call (262) 638-6321.

Western Racine County Services Center is a regional agency. For people facing impending homelessness, emergency assistance may be used to pay for either retaining or obtaining permanent housing accommodations. The EA can be used to pay for temporary shelter, a motel or hotel room and transitional housing in cases of fire, flood or natural disaster. Note that funds can’t be used to pay for temporary shelter for those who are currently homelessness and impending an eviction.

If there are additional needs having to do with finding a home or an apartment, EA can pay for those as well or issue a loan for paying rental expenses. Address is 1072 Milwaukee Ave, Burlington, WI 53105, main phone number is (262) 767-2900.




Safe Haven, phone number (800) 924-5137, may be able to run shelters for the homeless., with a focus on women, single moms and children facing DV in Racine WI. The location is 1030 Washington Avenue, Racine, WI 53403.

Racine Society of St. Vincent DePaul is the local branch of one of the nation’s leading charity groups. Very limited amounts of financial aid may be offered for rent, housing, and other basic needs. They may even have information on local thrift stores (for furniture) or food banks. Dial (262) 633-6467. SVDP issues grants for rent or housing from 926 Lasalle Street Racine, Wisconsin 53404

Racine/Kenosha Community Action Agency provides Rental/Utility Bill Assistance. Phone (262) 637-8377. Supported by federal government funds as part of the nationwide community action council. Call for information and referrals to various low income programs and resources. The location is 2113 N Wisconsin St. Racine, Wisconsin 53402. Or find details on Racine and Kenosha community action programs.

Salvation Army of Racine – Services include emergency rental assistance, case management, medications, thrift stores, money for deposits, housing, and other financial aid. there are also free motel vouchers in Racine County, temporary housing and money for moving or storage costs. Dial (262) 632-3147. Or the center is at 1901 Washington Ave, Racine, WI 53403.

Racine County Equus Job Access Loans are available from 1717 Taylor Avenue, Racine WI, 53403. People, or families, with someone who earns an income from a W-2 can get an emergency loan for paying rent, mortgages, hotels or housing costs. The funds are a form of homeless prevention.

Workforce Development Center - Call (262) 638-6420 to get information on local Rental Assistance programs.

The Continuum of Care is another place for emergency rent assistance, shelter, senior citizen resources, and other housing programs. The Racine County non-profit helps coordinate many services, both for deposits, rent, and much more. Find details on homeless prevention in Racine County.

Housing Authority of Racine County – Dial (262) 636-3405. Runs private and public housing, section 8 housing, and may have information on home repair loans, weatherization, and first time home buying programs. 837 Main Street, Racine, Wisconsin 53403.





Housing Resources Inc. – Phone (262) 636-8271. The non-profit offers housing assistance to clients ranging from senior citizens in Racine County to very low income families. There is also information on immediate rent help for single mothers, veterans, and the unemployed (among others) in Racine County.

Receive referrals to local charity organizations in Racine County. Dial (866) 211-3380. There are non-profits, churches, and others that run shelters. Some groups also may have some emergency money for rent to prevent evictions, and provides other aid for the less fortunate. Applications may be offered to grants to pay a security deposit on a new apartment.

Racine County Veterans Resource Center has applications to SSVF, or supportive services for veterans. Veterans, or their families in Racine County, will get housing, security deposit or rent payment assistance from SSVF. There are government grants, temporary housing or apartments, and other resources. SSVF is run from 1300 South Green Bay Road, Racine WI, 53406  Call 262-633-5180. Or find other veteran programs that help pay rent.

RESCARE Runs the EA - Emergency Assistance Grant program. There may be money to pay for rent for tenants facing eviction, energy help, security deposit programs, and homeless prevention from this government affiliated resource. The location is 2113 N Wisconsin St., Racine, WI 53402. Call (855) 458-0001 for information.

Neighborhood Housing Services for SE WI – Dial (262) 633-3330 for referrals to grant programs, short term rent assistance, and other support.

Love, Inc. Community Center – Runs a service known as the Rent Payment Assistance program. All funding is limited, and the charity may offer referrals in some cases. This is a once a year rent/housing assistance program that is involved in offering vouchers for people in need. The cash and vouchers goes directly to the landlord and not the clients. The charity is at 466 S Pine St, Burlington, Wisconsin 53105, call (262) 763-6226 for information.

Racine Mutual Housing Association – Phone number (262) 637-8558. The non-profit gives referrals, information on free vouchers for hotel or rent, home buying services and more..

Legal Action of Wisconsin may be able to help facilitate free legal advice for people facing eviction, foreclosure prevention, and offer similar housing support in Racine. Tenants in Racine will get free eviction prevention services from lawyers. Consultations and/or mediation can resolve landlord and tenant disputes over deposits or back rent. Call (262) 635-8836


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site