Redwood County assistance programs.

Western Community Action (WCA) offers a variety of programs to residents, and they range from providing rent assistance to also providing help to those who need help keeping fuel in the furnace and their heating and utility service connected. More information on the programs and resources offered are below. Contact the Western Community Action, Inc. in Marshall, Minnesota, or call them at (507) 537-1416.

Energy Assistance Program (EAP) and Weatherization: Both the Weatherization Program as well as the Energy Assistance Program of Western Community Action, Inc. provide energy saving improvements, home heating assistance and grants for paying heating and utility bills, crisis prevention, energy-related home repairs, energy conservation, emergency and crisis grants and assistance and referrals to other government programs and services. If you apply, please note that household eligibility and assistance amounts are based on both household income and actual home heating costs and bills. This assistance program can also assist homeowners with setting up supplier payment plans. Weatherization will provide the homeowner with free energy saving improvements to their home, such as furnace tuning, additional insulation, caulking, and more.

Rehabilitation / Accessibility Loan: This is a low or zero interest, deferred loan program with no interest or monthly payments due until such a time you sell, transfer or move from the property or home. The money needs to be used to repair or update your home. On 30th year this deferred loan is due and payable.

Case Management: Includes access to several programs and resources. It involves coordination of services with other providers to ensure provision of basic needs, including life skills and problem solving skills development, basic self sufficiency and crisis management skills, money management education, including help with debt and programs utilizing the "$ Works" program, and last, but not least the provision of culturally appropriate services.

Rent and Foreclosure Assistance from Transitional Housing Services: Aid is available for those at risk of becoming homeless, or for those who are currently homeless. This program offers applicants assistance in finding and moving into suitable housing, free counseling and advice on tenant rights and responsibilities, both rental and mortgage foreclosure assistance and cash grants, and other ways to get mortgage help. Also counselors and specialists will advocate with landlords and property managers on the renters or homeowners behalf.

For more information on these or other services, explore the Western Community Action Agency programs.




By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy