latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Get rent assistance in Pitt County.

Housing assistance programs in Pitt County range from emergency rent assistance to stop evictions to security deposit help, free legal aid to low-income tenants, homeless shelters, section 8 HUD vouchers and more. Find the main charities, churches, and government agencies to apply at for grant money, loans, or other support. Any rental assistance is often combined with financial aid as well as short or long term case management.

Charities, as well as social services in Greenville, also tend to focus on seniors, disabled, veterans, and single moms or dads. They often get priority for rent grants, utility bill help, free motel vouchers, or eviction defense assistance. The financial assistance programs are often limited, but even there is no rent help offered in Pitt County then referrals may be given. Or the low-income household may be given vouchers, such as from section 8 PHAs, which are also noted below.

Pitt County Public Housing Authorities (PHA)
There are two of them, both of which offer section 8 housing choice vouchers (HCV) to help pay rent on an affordable home or apartment. The tenant will need to pay about 30% of their income for their housing. The PHAs also offer public housing, self-sufficiency, and other services.

  • Farmville Housing Authority is based at 4284 Anderson Ave, Farmville, North Carolina 27828. Call (252) 753-5347
  • Greenville Housing authority has income based homes in the city. Location is 1103 Broad Street, Greenville, North Carolina 27834. Call (252) 329-4000
  • Ayden Housing Authority address is 4316 Liberty Street, Ayden, North Carolina 28513. Call (252)746-2021 for information on low income housing.
  • Other resources are offered too, even including section 8 vouchers in NC in an emergency.

American Veterans Chapter 37 assists veterans only as well as their families with many needs, including housing. The office is 700 Albermarle Avenue, Greenville, NC 27834. Based on resources, there may be financial help to pay rent, security or utility deposits, interest free loans or storage costs. They also help with applications to Department of Veterans Affairs benefits, including for disabled veterans. Call (252) 493-4954.

Churches Outreach Network assists the elderly and disabled only, including with grants for rental payments, utilities, and other housing. Call (877) 218-4247. The goal is to ensure the most vulnerable have the support they need. Caregivers can also apply at the 1206 Evans Street, Greenville, NC 27834 for the Elderly Tough of Heart Program, and home modifications may also be combined with rent help.





DSS Emergency Assistance Programs from Pitt County Department of Social Services mostly focuses on utilities, but that can also be effective to stop an impending eviction. However, low income families close to eviction, or with a pay or quit notice, may sometimes being given cash aid to pay rent to keep them safe and housed. Address is 203 Government Circle, Greenville, NC 27834. Dial (252) 902-1110.

Salvation Army of Pitt County and Greenville has number housing resources. Call (252) 756-3388 for details. They range from funds to pay back rent to transitional housing, free motel vouchers, homeless shelters, and even free furniture. Any payment does to the landlord of the home as per the Emergency Assistance. The charity is at 2718 South Memorial Drive, Greenville, North Carolina 27834.

Pitt County office of Legal Aid of North Carolina is at 301 Evans St, Greenville, NC 27858. Lawyers help low income tenants and seniors with an eviction or utility disconnection notice. For information, dial (252) 758-0113.

Short term housing in Pitt County

Seeds of Change Shelter Plus Care is for the homeless with a disability. Grants, loans for rent, clothes, food, and other housing resources. Location is 1103 Broad Street, Greenville, NC 27834. Call (252) 329-4000.

Community Crossroads Center homeless shelter is an emergency, overnight program based at 207 Manhattan Avenue, Greenville, North Carolina 27834. Phone - (252) 752-0829.


By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site