Free holiday and Christmas help in Pierce County.
Find where children from low income families in Pierce County will be able to receive a free Christmas gift or toy. Charities offer free clothes, electronics, gifts, games, applications to Toys for Tots and many other items. In addition, the family can be provide a hot Thanksgiving or Christmas meal or food basket at the same time as a toy. Locate free Christmas assistance programs near you in Pierce County.
These holiday programs, including Adopt a Family and the Salvation Army Angel Tree as well as those from the United Way, in the Tacoma area are focused on those families living in poverty with kids as well as senior citizens or single mothers. Other residents who tend to be provided free holiday help include the unemployed, disabled, and households living in poverty. Each year thousands of kids are given free Christmas toys, decorations for trees and others receive other help, all due to the generosity of the community.
When seeking assistance during the Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays, both gifts and food baskets are provided on a first come and served basis. Or get referrals to United Way free holiday help as well. Or get free Xmas gift cards in Pierce County, Legos, video games, books, and much more. Be sure to apply for help early.
Where to get free Christmas gifts in Pierce County WA
DSHS of Tacoma, Puyallup, Lakewood and Pierce County
They provide toys to children under the age of 14, if the family already receives benefits, such as food stamps of Head Start. There may also be educational games, books, free gift cards for the low-income family to shop with and more. In order to get a toy, applicants need photo I.D, driver's license, and proof of income.
- Northern Pierce County DSHS office is at 1949 South State Street, Tacoma, Washington. Residents of the zip codes of 98401, 98402, 98403, 98405, 98406, 98407, 98415, 98416, 98421, 98422, 98464, 98465, 98466, 98322, 98329, 98332, 98333,98335, 98359, 98394,98395, 98329, as well as 98394 can apply. Call (877) 501-2233.
- Lakewood Washington residents of the zip codes of 98303, 98327, 98387, 98388, 98409, 98411, 98412, 98413, 98430, 98431, 98433, 98438, 98439, 98442, 98467, 98492, 98493, 98497, 98498, 98499, and 98597 can apply for holiday help from 5712 Main Street SW, Lakewood, WA. Call (253) 476-6819.
- DSHS center of southern Pierce is for residents of 98404, 98408, 98418, 98444, 98445, 98447, 98448, 98450, and 98455. The main location is 1301 E 72nd St, Tacoma, Washington. Call (253) 428-3200
- The Free Toys for Tots programs are also offered from the DSHS Puyallup office at 201 West Main Street. Call (877) 501-2233.
Pierce County Toys for Tots – This provides gifts to children using donations. New, unwrapped toys, legos, games, books, bikes, video games, and more may be offered. Free Toys for Tots can help kids (both boys and girls) from age 0 to 14. The applications are normally processed in November and early December. Find addresses below as well as a link to more details, including phone number and registration form.
- Town of Sumner as well as Bonney Lake– Applications are done by each child's school.
- ELKS 174, 2013 S Cedar Street, Tacoma, WA
- West/North Pierce County application site is at 1949 S State St Room 195, Tacoma, WA, 98405. This includes most of the city of Tacoma too.
- Lakewood and South Pierce County Toys for Tots program - 5712 Main St, Lakewood, WA, 98499
- Long Branch Improvement Club, 4312 Key Peninsula Hwy. South
- Orting Valley Fire and Rescue, 401 Washington Avenue SE, Orting, WA.
- Eatonville residents can apply from 305 West Center, Eatonville, Washington. Dial 360-832-6805.
- Wilderness Praise Church, 10515 269th St E, Graham, Washington
- East Tacoma and Parkland – Address is 1301 E 72 St, Tacoma, WA, 98404
- There are other application sites as well. Apply here. https://pierce-county-wa.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/default.aspx?nPageID=100&nPreviewInd=200&nRedirectInd=3
Allen AME Church
Address is 1223 MLK Jr Way, Tacoma, Washington 98405. Call (253) 627-6855
The Christmas House has free winter coats, boots, toys, and more. All gifts in Pierce County are first come, first served to low income families. They also have a food pantry with free holiday food boxes in Pierce county, including for Thanksgiving turkeys and Christmas dinners.
Children's Home Society
Location 17010 S Vaughn Rd, Vaughn, WA, 98394. For information, call (253) 884-5433
They offer holiday assistance to Gig Harbor/Key Peninsula. Toys, presents, clothing, and more is for struggling/working poor parents.
Salvation Army – Tacoma and Pierce County
1501 6th Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405. Main phone - (253) 572-8452
They serve Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, run the Angel Tree program, and offer other programs. Everything from free Christmas toys to food from a pantry, funds for heating bills, and vouchers are given to clients. There are also free Thanksgiving dinner meals as well as Christmas presents and more from Adopt a Family.
Catholic Charity churches
There are several in Pierce County. Free food (including at Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas), clothes, free Christmas toys as well as gift cards, meals and other holiday help. There is assistance for the poor, low income, elderly, and others. More on Catholic Charity assistance programs Pierce County.
Toy Rescue Mission
Address - 607 S Winnifred St, Tacoma, WA, 98465. Telephone: (253) 460 - 6711
Toys passed out can include books, games, dolls, trucks, gift wrap, movies, stuffed animals, and more. There are free Christmas gifts for children in Pierce County based on donations, and there may be Tablets, video games or consoles, Matchbox cars and more.
Black Diamond Community Center
31605 3rd Ave, Black Diamond, WA, 98010. Phone number is (360) 886-1011
Senior citizens can get a free Christmas meal. A lunch is served to clients.
Main address - 622 4th Ave E,, Puyallup, Washington 98372. Call (253) 770-6991
Both a Thanksgiving meal with a turkey is served along with a free Christmas dinner. Small stocking stuffers may be provided too.
Families Unlimited Network
2610 Sunset Dr W, Tacoma, WA 98466. Telephone number is (253) 460-3134
Various holiday programs and free basic needs in the University Place area. Christmas toy giveaways, school supplies, yous or games and food baskets. The charity helps the poor, low-income and others year round and at the holidays.
Gig Harbor Peninsula FISH Food Bank
Address - 4303 Burnham Dr, Gig Harbor, WA 98332. Dial (253) 858 – 6179
Low income families and those living in poverty can be given free Christmas food baskets.
Pierce County Community Action
Location is 3602 Pacific Ave #200, Tacoma, WA 98418. Call (253) 798-7240
They have year round help, including free holiday assistance. There are toys, food baskets, and also financial help. Free Christmas gift programs in Pierce County help parents with no money and kids. Get electronics, clothes, backpacks, board or video games and gift cards too.
People's Community Center - Metro Parks
Location is 602 M.L.K. Jr Way, Tacoma, WA 98405. For the date of the program, phone: (253) 404-3915
One day a year they hold a free Christmas toy giveaway event for kids, infants, teens, and the homeless. Get free Christmas gifts, clothes, games, books, sneakers and other items.
Tacoma Ministerial Alliance
They have a free holiday food basket event, with a focus on Thanksgiving. The address is 1124 M.L.K. Jr Way, Tacoma, WA 98405. Call (253) 241-3309
Address is 1200 S 336th St., Federal Way, Washington 98003. Call (253) 838-6810
Food, groceries, and more is given at Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas to Federal Way School District residents only.
Oasis of Hope Foundation
1937 S G St Oasis of Hope Center, Tacoma, WA 98405. Phone - (253) 383-0077
Children and teenagers under the age of 19 can be given a free toy. There is also a chick dinner and other Christmas meals served.
Puyallup Food Bank (location is 217 W Stewart Ave, Puyallup, Washington 98371, call (253) 848-5240) and Auburn Food Bank (address is 930 18th Pl NE, Auburn, WA 98002, phone (253) 833-8925) only help people in their immediate area. They have free Christmas toy giveaways for kids from the area. Or get groceries, ingredients for holiday meals and other support.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com