latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Pacific Power assistance programs.

Pacific Power administers its own emergency financial assistance programs for California customers. In addition, they have information and can refer people to other resources, such as Project HELP (Salvation Army), government financial aid solutions (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program), and much more. If you are struggling, call for help before you are faced with a disconnection on your Pacific Power utility service.

If you need help paying your bills or managing your electric expenses, then these various options should be explored. Learn about or sign up for time payment plans, special services, bill paying programs, and more. The bottom line is that aid is available for customers experiencing financial hardships. Pacific Power also partners closely with non-profit energy assistance organizations in the region.

Utility assistance from Project HELP in California

A leading non-profit program is Project HELP. This is administered by your local Salvation Army center in California and is paid for by donated funds from customers and local businesses, as well as matching grants from Pacific Power. The primary phone numbers to call for help, applications and advice are below, and you should call the office closest to you. Or call 916-563-3787 if your area is not listed.

Project HELP relies on contributions. To donate, you can dial 1-888-221-7070 in order to request an energy assistance donation envelope. Or anyone can make a one time payment. All contributions and donations anyone makes go directly to the organization in your area of California and are also considered charitable donations for income tax filing purposes.





  • Alturas Salvation Army, call 530-233-3111
  • Bieber 530-294-5700
  • Crescent City, California 707-464-9421
  • Dunsmuir – Dial 530-925-5414
  • Etna 530-842-7321
  • McCloud - phone number is  530-964-2556
  • Mt. Shasta 530-926-5059
  • Tulelake, California 530-667-5284
  • Weed 530-938-5000
  • Yreka, CA 530-842-7321

Government assistance programs for Pacific Power customers

Federal government aid is offered from the California State Energy Assistance program. The most common resource is LIHEAP, or the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This resource is federally funded through grants and funds from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Another viable option is weatherization, which can help Pacific Power customers, seniors, and income qualified people save money on their bills.





LIHEAP was designed to be an assistance program to help low income households and the working poor with home energy costs and heating bills. It is administrated by the California Department of Community Services and Development through local community action agencies. It is therefore offered statewide. Call one in your county for details or an application.

Low-Income Weatherization Program is offered from partnerships between Pacific Power and local non-profit agencies in California. They work together in order to provide free energy conservation and weatherization services to income-qualifying renters and homeowners living in mobile homes or apartments as well as single-family homes.

A variety of measures can be installed in homes in order to save money on energy bills. These include compact fluorescent light bulbs, adding extra insulation, energy-efficient light bulbs and showerheads, and much more. All of these weatherization and energy saving measures are designed to lower your monthly utility and even water bills, while keeping your home comfortable and safe.

To apply for Pacific Power’s California weatherization program or get advice on savings, call the appropriate non-profit agency listed below

  • Del Norte County, Redwood Community Action Agency (RCAA), 707-464-5500, ext 121
  • Modoc County (Weatherization only), Redwood Community Action Agency, 1-800-252-4440, ext. 201
  • Siskiyou County, Great Northern Corporation, 530-938-4115, ext. 15
  • Another option in Siskiyou County is Redwood Community Action Agency, dial 530-926-4931
  • Modoc County, 530-233-3111
  • Shasta County, 530-378-6900




Utility bill discounts are offered to Pacific Power customers. Low income-qualifying families and residential customers can receive a 20 percent discount on their monthly utility and energy bills through the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program. Medical care discounts are offered too for low income customers with a serious health care condition. Or who are on life-support or those requiring medical care may also be eligible for a special medical allowance that can lower their utility bills.

If you are experiencing difficulty making payments on your account, or for more information or questions about plans, call 1-888-221-7070.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site