Help paying rent in Osceola County Florida.
Homeless prevention and emergency rental assistance is available in Osceola County Florida from a number of agencies and non-profit organizations. The local government also oversees a program that can provide up to three months of grants to pay a portion of rent. The goal is to combine housing assistance along with case management to struggling low income families.
Clients range from senior citizens to the disabled and working poor in Osceola County. Get the phone number, addresses, and information on all of the Kissimmee area rental assistance and eviction prevention resources.
Resources are for the low income, and are in general short term in nature. The financial assistance is not charity aid, and Osceola County individuals who apply will need to have sufficient income to sustain rental payments in the future. They also need to be able to prove their need for help, and that can include documenting receipt of an eviction notice, medical emergency, or some other type of situation that is beyond their control.
The county runs the CDBG Rental Assistance Program, and it is usually funded for one year at a time. This government program provides financial assistance and/or cash to low income Osceola County residents who are or in danger of being evicted, losing a home to foreclosure, or becoming homeless.
CDBG also offers other support, such as money to pay a security deposit. All rent assistance offered from this government resource shall be limited to the first, second and third month's rent. This county program has various eligibility requirements including, but not limited to, the following. Call (407) 742-8405
- Applicants will need to have available income to pay their rent after receiving the short term help. So recipients need to be able to quickly get back on track and a solid financial footing. However they do need to be low income.
- The total amount of their rent for their home or apartment can’t exceed 35% of their monthly income. In some cases, if this is not met, a no-interest loan will be paid out.
- If someone does apply and receive cash, they will need to take financial management classes or budgeting workshops too. This can also include credit repair or debt reduction.
- Priority is given to those in a crisis, including people with an eviction notice, homeless, or people who are living in a hotel/motel.
- Applicants can’t have received rental assistance from other resources, charities, or non-profits within the previous 18 months. So people can’t have received aid from the Salvation Army, Section 8 Vouchers, HPRP, SHIP, or the Council on Aging.
- To receive a grant, the client must also have lived in Osceola County Florida at least 6 of the previous 12 months of the year.
Community Service Center of South Orange County can also help people in parts of Osceola County. The office is located at 621 Wilkes Ave. They can provide emergency rent assistance, utilities, clothing, and more. Call the non-profit at 407.851.5920.
Catholic Charities of Central Florida runs a family assistance program. It can pay for rent, deposits on a new apartment, and basic needs. Call 407-658-0999. All services are by appointment only and qualifications need to be met.
Christian Services, phone 407-425-2523, offers a daily bread and food service. Also may have funds for rent, mortgage, and bus tokens and passes. They support Osceola County and central Florida. More on Christian Services Center assistance programs.
Metro-Orlando Urban League (phone 407-841-7654) may have rental assistance and administers several low income housing programs. They also help with home buying, mortgages, and foreclosures. Everything from employment to homeless prevention (including referrals to rent programs or loans) may be offered.
Osceola County Human Services Division, address is 330 North Beaumont Avenue Kissimmee, Florida 34741, and can be reached at (407) 742-8405. Can advise people on various low income housing options and loan programs for paying back rent or other costs. One of the leading resources is section 8 housing vouchers. Call the government organization for intake.
Community Legal Services of Mid Florida
Address is 800 N Main St
Kissimmee, Florida 34744
Dial - (407) 847-0053
Low income clients can get eviction help, information on applying for rent programs such as section 8 or SSI, and other housing issues address that have a legal impact.
Osceola Council On Aging, Inc. operates at 700 Generation Point in the Barney E. Veal Center. They are in Kissimmee, Florida 34744. They may be able to help with past due housing expenses, and will not assist with current bills or rent. So it is paid out as one time financial assistance. Applicants need to be 18 years of age or older, and show some form of financial management and go forward self-sufficiency.
Senior citizens are often a client of this non-profit. Limited funds may be offered for paying Rent, Mortgage or utility bill assistance for people in a crisis. Call (407) 846-8532 for more information and/or to apply.