Northeast Missouri assistance programs.
Find the main churches, charities, and government agencies to apply at for housing (rent or deposit help), utility bill assistance, free medical care and more in Northeast Missouri. There are other resources for struggling as well as working poor families as well. Whether it is free food, a cash loan, grants, clothes, and other aid, support is offered.
Adair, Clark, Knox, Schuyler, and Scotland counties, which are in the Northeastern part of Missouri, have various agencies and assistance programs that provide help to people in the area. The programs and non-profits below may provide financial assistance in your town or county.
Northeast Missouri Community Action Agency - This is the local community action agency that helps the low income and working poor in the area.
- Emergency financial assistance - Funds from the agency are used to provide rent help, mortgage assistance, funds for paying utility and heating bills. Funding is limited.
- Weatherization - Another federal government funded program. Can help people save money on heating and energy bills. Provides free energy saving improvements to homes.
- Other programs offered include Head Start, advice and assistance in applying for government programs such as WIC and food aid, and much more.
- Loans can help families pay for a new or repairs to an HVAC system or even car repairs.
- NMCAA also offers a number of referrals to government grant programs. The financial aid will assist with everything from job training to educational costs or other emergency bills. Find additional ways that grants help with bills.
Call the Kirksville Missouri based Northeast Missouri Community Action Agency at (660) 665-9855. There are other programs offered too. Read more assistance from NMCAA.
Salvation Army ((660) 665-7885) may have emergency housing assistance, including money for rent and utility bills. They also provide free food and groceries. The clothing vouchers as well as toy programs also assist at back to school time as well as the holidays. Assistance is always limited. More information on their services is below.
Northeast Missouri Health Council, which can be reached at (660) 627-4493, can provide medical care for the entire family for people in northeast Missouri.
Kirksville Salvation Army - Federal government grants are offered as part of ESG, which is a version of the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing resource. Funding is limited from this. It is a focus of the center, in stopping homelessness.
When available, it is a federal government funded program that offers extensive case management services and provides financial aid for homeless individuals, families and/or individuals in threat of being homeless. Services offered as part of this program may include rent help, gas, electric bill payment assistance, or money for paying security deposit deposits. There may also be loans first months rent, placement in housing, and maybe overnight stay at hotels and motels. 1004 W Gardner St, Adair County MO 63501. Call (660) 665-7885, or more on Salvation Army in Northeast Missouri.
Legal Services Of Eastern Missouri can provide free legal aid and representation in the region, including the counties of Scotland, Adair, and Knox. Lawyers can help low income residents deal with consumer debt issues, eviction prevention, and other civil matter. (314) 534-4200.
Scotland County Public Housing Agency covers the entire area. The non-profit provides Section 8 rental assistance for very low-income individuals in the community. (660) 727-2013
United Way of Adair County/Northeast Missouri both supports and works with local non-profits, and they also organize some of their own assistance programs. Call them to learn about agencies in the area, or to get help. Programs they run themselves include:
- Rent and Property Tax rebate - This is run by the state of Missouri. Low income local families can potentially get a refund on their property taxes. Find other ways to get property tax help.
- Prescription drug savings - The FamilyWize prescription discount card can potentially save patients 20% or more on their medications. Read more.
Call the United Way of Adair County/Northeast Missouri at 660-665-1924.