latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Rental assistance in Niagara County.

Low income families in Niagara County can get emergency financial assistance for paying their rent as well as other housing expenses. Find how and where to get grants, low cost loans, and even legal aid to both (1) stop homelessness/evictions and (2) rehouse the homeless. Several churches, charities, and government social service agencies offer rental assistance, money for moving costs or security deposits, and other housing solutions.

Not only will short term rent help be offered, but there are also long term housing solutions. These include Section 8 vouchers, affordable homes or apartments, as well as supportive housing for the disabled as well as elderly. Government grants, charitable funds for paying rent, and other resources are available countywide, with a focus on North Tonawanda, Lockport, and Niagara Falls. Or find other resources of free housing programs.

The Salvation Army of Niagara Falls
7018 Buffalo Ave, Niagara Falls, New York 14304. Call (716) 283-7697
Rental assistance is available, as funding allows. There is also transitional housing, free motel vouchers, and homeless shelters. All this financial help, whether from the Neighbor for Neighbor heating bill program or rent grants, is combined with case management. There is also a Lockport Salvation Army for residents of the city. It is at 50 Cottage St, Lockport, NY 14094. Call (716) 434-1276

Niagara County Social Services
Public aid is from 301 10th St., Niagara Falls, New York 14303. Dial (716) 278-8400
There is emergency assistance as well as cash aid from FA (Family Assistance). Both can help with rent or mortgage payments as well as utilities or housing. Or the disabled can apply for TDA, a grant program that can also be used to pay for basic needs, including rent.

Neighborhood Legal Services
Location is 225 Old Falls Street, Niagara Falls, New York 14303. Call 716-284-8831.
Free lawyers, paralegals, and volunteers address legal issues for low income families and/or tenants. Get free advice on addressing eviction or pay or quit notices, legal representation in Niagara County housing court and more. Read more on Legal Aid in New York.

Niagara Community Action Agency
Main address is 564 19th St, Niagara Falls, NY 14301. Dial (716) 282-4375
Rent payment and housing resources for low income households are wide ranging. There is the Fair Housing Advocacy Program, which helps with discrimination or landlord issues, such as lack of repairs. From time to time, immediate funds for helping with back rent or mortgages may be issued. Or get landlord-tenant advocacy and mediation services.





Niagara County Catholic Charities
237 4th St, Niagara Falls, NY 14303. Phone (716) 282-2351
Social and case workers can arrange emergency help. Housing (rent, mortgage or heating) assistance is offered along with support for single mothers or domestic violence survivors.

Society of St. Vincent de Paul
From time to time, some money for emergency bills or rent, or free basic needs. There are two parishes. St. Leo Church is at 2748 Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY 14304. There is also a SVDP Conference at Prince Of Peace, 1055 N. Military Road, Niagara Falls, New York 14304. Call 716-957-7146 to reach either parish.

Niagara Falls Housing Authority
744 10th St, Niagara Falls, NY 14301. Telephone -  716-285-6111 or (716) 285-6961
They operate section 8 managed homes and apartments. Very low income households, seniors, and the disabled can also apply for rental vouchers from section 8, though a waiting list is normally in place. Department of Community Development also offers a waiting list for TBRA, housing vouchers and other services. Call 716-286-8820.

By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site