latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Muskogee County assistance programs.

Muskogee County charities, churches, and other agencies provide financial help. Locate programs that can help pay rent or offer free food or medical care. There are other low income resources, including credit counseling and job placement, in the county.

Financial assistance with rent and utility bills

The Muskogee Salvation Army offers the low income some financial assistance with housing expenses, whether rent or mortgage payments. They also offer some limited financial assistance for utility bills as well as Christmas programs such as Adopt a Family that gives out free gifts and meals.

The Salvation Army also operates transitional housing and substance abuse centers. Or get vouchers to pay for gasoline or apply for the free back to school supply giveaways in the summer/fall months. Phone (918) 682-3384, or find assistance from Muskogee County Salvation Army.

ECAP (OKDHS Muskogee County) is a non-profit agency that provides seasonal, winter, and summer assistance to low to moderate income individuals and families who need to restore their utility or heating service from a heating supplier through ECAP (Energy Crisis Assistance Payments). Applicants to the program must have a cutoff notice. Dial (918) 684-5300.

Also contact the following for utility bill assistance

  • Gospel Rescue Mission - (918) 682-3489. Cash assistance is offered at most once per year. Mostly help those who have a disconnection notice.
  • Community Food Pantry - Dial (918) 687-5401. Can provide some money if you have a cut off notice.

Free legal support

Call Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma Inc. at (918) 683-5681. They are a non-profit law firm that serves low-income, the disabled and elderly Oklahomans who have civil legal problems. Click here to learn more on free lawyers in Oklahoma.





Groceries and food

For food, clothing, free advice, and other support contact the following charities/non-profits. Ark of Faith (918) 682-8411, Community Food Pantry ((918) 687-5401), or the Gospel Rescue Mission (dial (918) 682-3489).

Debt assistance and free credit counseling

Credit Counseling - Muskogee (phone (918) 683-2778) runs programs that provide debt management  and repayment services. The organizations has established and also administers a strict and realistic budget for the client. Counselors will also negotiate payment arrangements and debt arbitration programs with the creditors or lenders which are disbursed weekly from deposits made by the client. They also help people prepare a budget.

Low cost or free health and medical care

Good Shepherd Free Health Clinic of Muskogee, which can be reached at (918) 683-8080, serves as small health clinic that offers free of charge medical care to those in need.

Another option is Community Health Center-Fort Cobb is a center that provides a comprehensive range of medical and health care services to the uninsured, low income and under insured, including dental care, primary and preventive health care, health education, mental health and substance abuse services, and case management. (405) 643-2776

By Jon McNamara













Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page