latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Assistance programs in Catron, Cibola, Socorro and Valencia

The New Mexico counties of Cibola, Catron, Socorro and Valencia are all considered as part of the mid-western area of the state. Residents of this area have several places to call for financial help and information on their options for paying bills, rent, and similar expenses.

Mid-West New Mexico Community Action Program (phone (505) 866-0466) is the primary local non-profit agency to call when you are faced with an emergency. The non profit organizations may be able to give out financial assistance and cash grants on a one-time basis to help pay for expenses such as utilities, rent/mortgage, food, medical prescriptions and referral services. The community action agency also offers, during tax season, free tax assistance and advice to low-income families in the region. Provides children of low-income families with comprehensive health, dental, educational and nutritional services. Services and cash grants are of course only provided on a funds available basis. Serves Valencia, Socorro, Catron, Cibola, and  Counties of midwest New Mexico.

Others services and resources offered by the community action agency that may be considered as financial assistance include.

  • Free food boxes, Government surplus commodities, LIHEAP and the Good Neighbor Fund, which offers utility bill assistance. Click here for more on NM energy bill programs.
  • Head Start - May be able to provide your children with food, medical and dental care, and schooling. Help prepare and improve school readiness.





New Mexico Department of Human Services provides the needy with a large variety of human and social services, including Food Stamps, Child Support Assistance/Enforcement, Government Health Care such as Medicaid, Medicare, Utility Bill Payment Assistance, Public Assistance Programs, TANF, and Telephone Bill Payment Assistance. Call the government agency at (505) 222-0800.


St. Vincent de Paul Center - This church is involved in helping persons and families deal with financial emergencies on a one time basis such as money to prevent an eviction, rent assistance or utility shutoffs. Also help with clothing and food needs. Belen and Los Lunas New Mexico. 505-864-0808








By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page