Rental assistance programs Madison County Illinois.
Locate emergency rental assistance programs, homeless shelters and housing resources in Madison County Illinois. Charities, churches, and government agencies in Edwardsville, Granite City, Alton and the county provide low income families, seniors, the disabled and others with financial help. Learn more on where to get help with rent or security deposits, section 8 housing vouchers, legal aid and other assistance below.
The housing programs come in many forms, including the following.
- -Public housing authorities (PHAs) in Madison County provide affordable housing, section 8 rent vouchers, family self-sufficiency, and even rehousing support.
- -The county homeless prevention and rehousing referral like can direct residents to emergency financial aid, including grant money or loans to pay rent or moving costs; free motel vouchers; single mother resources and more.
- -Pro-bono law firms and volunteers attorneys offer mediation services and help tenants that have an eviction notice.
- -Charities and other groups, including townships in Madison County, may help pay rental or utility arrears, offer counseling, free furniture for an apartment and other aid.
Find agencies to contact below. Not all resources, especially financial aid for rent, is limited and often has a waiting list.
St Vincent de Paul is a volunteer, faith based parish at 110 N Buchanan St., Edwardsville, Illinois 62025. St. Mary's, St. Cecilia Catholic Church and St. Boniface may pay a portion of a qualified families rent. Call 1-800-775-0712 ext. 7777
Madison County Veterans Commission only assists veterans and/or their families. Address is 157 N Main St, Edwardsville, IL 62025. Programs include a homeless shelter, rent help from SSVF, job training, legal aid, mortgage help and more. Homeless shelters can receive security deposit help, motel vouchers, rehousing aid and other support. Phone - (618) 296-4554.
Government assistance from towns in Madison County. Each will help low income, unemployed or struggling residents. LIHEAP grants, emergency rent assistance, counseling and other support.
- Wood River - 49 S 9th St, East Alton, IL 62024. Dial (618) 259-2366
- Edwardsville Township may have vouchers, funds for rent to stop evictions, and other cash aid at 300 W Park St, Edwardsville, Illinois 62025. Phone (618) 656-0292
Madison County Urban League coordinates various housing programs. Free foreclosure counseling and homebuying resources, information on grants for paying back rent or a down payment, housing discrimination assistance and much more. They advocate for affordable housing. Location is 408 E Broadway, Alton, IL 62002. Call (618) 463-1906. Or find more details on housing assistance from Urban League in Madison County.
Salvation Army can be reached at (618) 465-7764. Apply for emergency financial help for rent or bills or transitional housing. Or get a free hotel voucher, case management, or access to a shelter. Various basic needs and financial aid is offered from the Christian charity at 525 Alby St, Alton, IL 62002.
St. Patrick Center may cover the Madison County region closest to St. Louis. Location is 800 N Tucker Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63101. Phone - (314) 802-0700.
Catholic Charities Madison County focuses on immigrants, single mothers are women fleeing violence and the poor, elderly. Get rent help, assistance in finding a safe and affordable home, and other resources. Various churches are part of the group. The main center is at 1821 Edison Ave, Granite City, IL 62040. Phone: (618) 877-1184
Housing Authorities provide section 8 vouchers, including emergency section 8 for the disabled or seniors. There are income-based homes, public housing programs, guidance, and referrals to programs for renters. There are other resources as well, such as section 8 housing vouchers in Illinois
- Madison County Housing Authority - 2 Eastport Plaza Dr, Collinsville, IL 62234. Dial (618) 345-5142
- Granite City Housing Authority is a PHA at 2517 Nameoki Rd, Granite City, Illinois 62040. Call (618) 876-0975
- Alton Housing Authority is at 2406 Crawford St, Alton, IL 62002. Call (618) 465-4269
Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing, as well as the Madison County Continuum of Care and Referral Line, provide information. It is a free service. Learn about lawyers that help tenants with an eviction notice or homeowners. Find information on financial aid from loans or government grants to help pay rent or security deposits and learn about other resources. Referral number is (618) 296-4398
Glen-Ed Food Pantry may, from time to time, have financial assistance. When offered, qualified clients can use the funds for their rent or other housing costs (utilities, security deposits, repairs, etc.). There is also food, households items and other goods. The address is 125 5th Ave, Edwardsville, IL 62025. For status, or referrals, dial (618) 656-7506.
Good Samaritan Housing is a charity at 1825 Delmar Ave, Granite City, Illinois 62040. Get everything from money for rent to food, assistance moving, shelter for the homeless and homecare. They use funding and donations to offer rental assistance in an effort to reduce homelessness in the city. Call (618) 876-0607.
Land of Lincoln Legal Aid has attorneys that help the poor, indigent, and elderly. Free legal aid to stop evictions or address landlord repairs or unsafe housing issues. Other counseling is offered too from the non-profit at 111 E 4th St Suite 330, Alton, IL 62002. Call (618) 462-0029